PDA

View Full Version : Wed May 17th... What's going on?

Pirate Princess
03-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I noticed the HUGE price jump on DLR hotels from Tues to Wed. Does anyone know why?

DLH : Tues: $210.00 Weds: $295.00

GCH: Tues: $280.00 Weds: $400.00

Rhiannon8404
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
WAG: Grad nights?

JookyG
03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
The DLH is also completely sold out the prior Wednesday to that, May 10. Not sure what's going on with that. The following days are available (although expensive), including the weekend.

It's my understanding that Grad Nights start Thursday, May 11, so I don't think that would be a factor. Besides, the grads are only allowed to arrive by bus, they aren't let in until midnight, and they aren't allowed out of the park until 6am (it's like a lock-up), so there'd be no point in them getting a hotel room.

Maybe Wednesday is a popular day for conventions???

miss bianca
03-28-2006, 07:18 AM
$210 for DLH - was that an AP discount?

Darkbeer
03-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Actually, the early Grad Nites tend to have folks coming from quite a distance, so they arrive the day or two before, and stay at the hotels.

Malcon10t
03-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe Wednesday is a popular day for conventions???I just called Guest Relations, and they explained there are a number of conventions with blocked out rooms, which may be released 4 weeks prior to the convention. I asked if the rooms might be blocked out for Grad Nite, and he said No, Grad Nite participants do not stay at the DLR hotels (it sounded like they may have at one time, but due to issues, no more...)

I checked our local school to warn people going down, and the local schools who spend Thurs night/Fri am in a room (actually Fri from 6am-10am) they will be in The Anaheim Plaza, Castle Suites, and the Desert Palms.

Pirate Princess
03-31-2006, 08:33 PM
I just called Guest Relations, and they explained there are a number of conventions with blocked out rooms, which may be released 4 weeks prior to the convention. I asked if the rooms might be blocked out for Grad Nite, and he said No, Grad Nite participants do not stay at the DLR hotels (it sounded like they may have at one time, but due to issues, no more...)

I checked our local school to warn people going down, and the local schools who spend Thurs night/Fri am in a room (actually Fri from 6am-10am) they will be in The Anaheim Plaza, Castle Suites, and the Desert Palms.

I LOVE YOU~~ Best news I have heard! I will be staying at none of those hotels!!!
Also... four weeks before.. I will be scouring the internet for a great deal so we can possibly stay at the DLH! (And cancel our off-site ressie) :D :D :D