PDA

View Full Version : Disney shuttles to Angels!

AliKzam
04-14-2002, 07:50 PM
So, I was watching the Angels on KCAL channel 9, today. They won, 4-1! I was there the night before, and they lost. But we got free T-shirts.
Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but I heard something really smart on Disney's part. Now, for every home game (obviously), Disney will shuttle people over from the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney to Angels Stadium.
How clever is that? Sure it's simple, but it gives visitors more variety. Now people can go to the parks, stay at the hotels and watch their home team beat the Angels*. It can really give visitors a more creative package.
Now, if Disney would just advertise it. That's the first time I heard about it.
*Hopefully wouldn't always happen. But I'm sure that's what visitors would like to think.

socabch
04-15-2002, 07:18 AM
I don't know when they started it but we used the shuttle way back in October to go to a Mighty Ducks hockey game. It does cost you. Not much though. I think it was $2.50 a person round trip. It was nice not having to deal with the crowded parking lot and for us it was cheaper than the parking fee. I was told about it from the Disney rep that sells the discounted tickets to APer's.

BTW Your right about vivstors seeing their home team. There were more Red Wing fans on the shuttle than Ducks fans.

Lani
04-15-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by AliKzam
So, I was watching the Angels on KCAL channel 9, today. They won, 4-1!Feh. It was the first game in which A's third baseman Eric Chavez hit a homer that *didn't* preclude an A's win.

I must say though... in the eighth inning when Chavez was again up to bat with Jeremy Giambi on second and Menechino on first, "Chavie" had the potential tying run, and lo and behold, what were the Angels fans doing? They were cheering and doing the stadium wave!! HUH? Our A's sportscasters made fun of you guys and thought only a third of the Angels fans were paying attention to the game, because it was a very tense moment. We got a real chuckle out of that one.

Obtopic: I've seen signage on the esplanade that says you can get a discounted Angels ticket with your park ticket. We always wondered if you also got a discount if you showed your AP (since we don't have a stub to show).

socabch
04-15-2002, 08:55 AM
We always wondered if you also got a discount if you showed your AP (since we don't have a stub to show).

Lani,

Contact derek.d.wilson@disney.com or call him at (714) 940-2993 and ask him if he handles Angels tickets also. I know he handles the Ducks for APer's. I did have to give him my AP number so he could verify that I deserve the discount. He would probably know if APer's can by them at the park by showing your card. The AP discount for Ducks was 1/2 off certain seating areas.

AliKzam
04-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by lani
Our A's sportscasters made fun of you guys and thought only a third of the Angels fans were paying attention to the game, because it was a very tense moment. We got a real chuckle out of that one.

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure they were paying attention. But sometimes, You just gotta wave. For the sake of your team! The reason they play well is because of us, right?...Right?
Anyway, I went to an A's game in the spring of 2000. It was a good game. They won. But it was FREEZING!!! You guys sure have spirit, though. Every fan had some sort of A's merchandise on their person. I wanted to buy an A's fleece blanket, but I'd spent all my money on parking in San Francisco.
Angels fans are a different breed. We are loyal, just a little confused. But we're loyal!

Lani
04-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by AliKzam
We are loyal, just a little confused. But we're loyal! Tee hee!! :D :D :D

oohykitten
04-15-2002, 01:42 PM
Lani, your an A's fan? Aww a person after my own heart. Gotta love Bay Area baseball!!!

Lani
04-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Ayup, we were season ticket holders for the last two years. We didn't get a package this year because we wanted more weekends free, and I'm not happy with Jason wearing pin stripes. That's just wrong.

oohykitten
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
I have to agree, I wasn't to happy with Jason leaving but at least Pena is doing a great job at first. Can't wait till the 23/24th to see the A's spank Gambi : )

PinkFloyd
04-15-2002, 08:13 PM
Yeah, lets go A's!!!! The A's are my second passion next to Dland of course! Glad to see others with such similar intrests. I think overall the G-man will recive a favorable response at the Net though I'm sure there will be a few boos and hisses.