PDA

View Full Version : Better to buy hoppers from GetAwayToday or Disney?

denise
03-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Hi there!

I have been planning on buying my park hoppers (8 days) from GetAwayToday, but I wonder if there are any advantages in buying them straight from Disney? I originally thought that Disney only sold up to 5 days, but in the archives I read that they will sell 6-9 days as well. Which source would you use? Thanks!

SeansMom
03-23-2006, 07:08 AM
When we used Disney, we also got a 10% off merchandise coupon. Since we planned on buying watches at the park, that saved us some $. Just a thought.
Whichever way you go, enjoy your trip!

Darkbeer
03-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Disneyland.com has no fee for standard shipping.

GetAwayToday.com prices are a bit cheaper, but charges for shipping.

If you only need one or two ParkHoppers, then usually Disneyland.com is cheaper.

But if you need more, then GetAwayToday is cheaper, beacuse the shipping fee is outweighed by the savings on the ParkHoppers.

Leap for Joy
03-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Does GetAwayToday send the vouchers or the actual parkhoppers? That would be a factor for me.

ETA: how does the price of an 8 day hopper compare to getting an annual pass?

rentayenta
03-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Denise, have you checked into buying an Annual Pass? I would check that out and check out the block out dates as well before purchasing, especially if you think you'll be going back within a year. :) Disneyland.com has the pass prices and block out dates.

Pascomom
03-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Get Away Today we have used many times. Great deals!! We took advantage of their kids free tickets. This time we used AAA because of the heavenly Enhanced Fast Pass, of course you have to book a DLR hotel stay at same time. So it really depends on your needs. Also, since I had booked with GAT before, they waived the $15.00 "processing" fee. Maybe you should ask them to waive it also. :cool:

kimmybear
03-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Disneyland.com has no fee for standard shipping.

does this apply to getting disneyland resort gift cards?

Darkbeer
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Not sure, I know it applies to ticket media (ParkHoppers and AP's).