PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic to Fireworks gap?

Moonliner
03-23-2006, 06:03 AM
How long is there between the end of first Fantasmic and the start of the fireworks?

It may sound odd, but I am hoping to watch Fantasmic and then make it out of the park via the monorail before the fireworks start. Given the crowds distance and time is that possible? (Note we are talking a packed spring break night here...) Would the railroad be running or does it stop for the fireworks?

Malcon10t
03-23-2006, 06:10 AM
How long is there between the end of first Fantasmic and the start of the fireworks?

It may sound odd, but I am hoping to watch Fantasmic and then make it out of the park via the monorail before the fireworks start. Given the crowds distance and time is that possible? (Note we are talking a packed spring break night here...) Would the railroad be running or does it stop for the fireworks?It ain't happening. There is about 2 minutes. Fantasmic is about 23 minutes long, starts at 9pm, and Remember... starts at 925p. The railroad and monorail both stop running for Remember!. Monorail stops running from about 830pm til about 10pm. (At least it did back at Christmas.) I believe the train just stops during the show.

Moonliner
03-23-2006, 06:40 AM
It ain't happening. There is about 2 minutes. Fantasmic is about 23 minutes long, starts at 9pm, and Remember... starts at 925p. The railroad and monorail both stop running for Remember!. Monorail stops running from about 830pm til about 10pm. (At least it did back at Christmas.) I believe the train just stops during the show.

I figured the train would probably not run but it would never have occurred to me that the monorail also stops. Oh well, onto plan 'B'.

Thanks.

Darkbeer
03-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Actually, the Monorail can now run during the fireworks since it is in Shuttle Mode.

The Danger Zones on the track was the stretch along the railroad tracks near iasw and the Monorail Barn, and the stretch that is close to the Monorail on the west side of the mountain.

Since that part of the track is not operating, the Monorail now runs during the fireworks.

But there is NO way to get from the Rivers of America to the Monorail in 2 minutes, especially with the Hub area so congested.

You best option is to get onto the train and take it to Tomorrowland to avoid the worst of the Crowds at the Hub and on Main Street.

If you can find your way to the Big Thunder area, you could walk on the trail behind the BTMRR and then thru Fantasyland and past the Matterhorn to the Monorail. But many of the paths ar one way, so you would have problems to get to the Big Thunder area. I would take the train, just get in line before the Fireworks end.