PDA

View Full Version : Excited! Dad is paying for our room at GCH

Leash81
03-22-2006, 09:25 PM
My dad just told me that for a wedding present he will be paying for my fiance and I to stay concierge at the GCH for the 5 days we will be in Anaheim for our wedding. :D :D :D :D Originally he suggested that we all share a 2 bedroom suite but I think that will be way to weird (it will be our wedding night after all) But I called to get pricing, he said that me having to do the research is the only condition, it would actually be cheaper if we get 2 seperate rooms on concierge than a suite.
However he has his heart set on a suite so he mentioned maybe having other family sharing with them so I was wondering if anyone has stayed in a suite at GCH and what they thought. Thanks.

kisroo
03-22-2006, 09:31 PM
My dad just told me that for a wedding present he will be paying for my fiance and I to stay concierge at the GCH for the 5 days we will be in Anaheim for our wedding.

Very cool!!! :cool: Congrats!!

We peeked in on the Artisan suite and the Presidential (on the ends) suite. They looked amazing. I'd do that in a heartbeat~especially if it was being paid for me!! ;)

Have a wonderful honeymoon there, Leash. I know we did!!

~kisroo:)

Oh, I think it was a good call to not share ajoining rooms or a 2 bedroom on your honeymoon. It should be all about you two during that time. :)

darph nader
03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Ditto here with kisroo's comment "Way Cool". My dear wife and spent our honeymoon at a campsite in San Diego,then drove up to D/L (we love camping by the way) ,But DHL would have been bitchin. Do have a GREAT TIME.:cool:

Opus1guy
03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Ditto, ditto on krisroo's comments.

Have a great time and enjoy your own private accommodations!

Congrats!

:)

potzbie
03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Reminds me of the book:
RICH DAD --> POOR DAD

Leash81
03-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Reminds me of the book:
RICH DAD --> POOR DAD

I thought the same thing when he suggested it. Just so no one thinks I am greedy I am trying hard to convince him to let me pay for part of it since I had already budgeted out for a room at the HoJo but he won't budge.

ktrm
03-23-2006, 11:07 PM
As a parent myself, I say if he offered freely then let him pay. He wants to do something extra special for you on your special day. Its not every day that your child gets married. Enjoy your stay at the GCH!!!

sierranevada
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
We stayed in the 2 bdrm Artisian Suite. The one we stayed in was a 1 King suite with a 2 queen adjoining room. It was room #3449/3451 and was right off the entrance of the World of Disney Store. HUGE wrap around balcony with great views of the fireworks. We loved it!

derraj25
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
This may (or may not answer you question), but we have 1- 2brm suite and 1 concierge room reserved GCH for April 2 - 6 thru WDTC (airfare, park tix, etc. 2 character bfsts) and the package was $9965. This covers 4 adults, 4 children.

The itinerary for the 2bdrm suite (2 adult, 2 children + 6 airfare) $6600
The itinerary for the concierge room (2 adult, 2 children no airfare) $3365.

We booked in August (not sure if booking this far out helps).

--d2

RangerPooh
03-26-2006, 03:41 PM
We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for our wedding night and it was wonderful! It had a great view and was spacious. We've statyed in a few others and they too were very nice. I just wish that we could do it more often.

Minnie66
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
As a parent myself, I say if he offered freely then let him pay. He wants to do something extra special for you on your special day. Its not every day that your child gets married. Enjoy your stay at the GCH!!!

I fully agree ... as parents, we need to feel like we did something special so let them enjoy your happiness!!

MsYumiBr
03-30-2006, 04:37 AM
How about getting your own room for the actual honeymoon night? That is basically what we did. We all piled into my mom's apartment in Japan during our 2 weeks there. We had a huge wedding at the town's new hotel and on the actual wedding night we stayed at the hotel. I honestly would have rather stayed at my mom's apartment (bedding was way more comfortable), but the privacy was okay. Maybe get a room at the Paradise Pier for the night and join up with your parents in the morning? Then you still have the suite for the stay and honeymoon time the evening of the wedding. Or, are you getting married before the trip, in which I'd share the suite the whole time. You'll have enough alone time throughout your marriage. Time with parents are at a minimum. They'll be gone before you know it and be able to remember special times together.