PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Hidden Mickey

mckygirl99
03-22-2006, 08:48 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted but I saw a hidden Mickey on Haunted Mansion today. It is in the ballroom scene, at the table. The plates at one of the settings was a Mickey (2 salad plates and a dinner plate). Is this new or has it always been there and I just noticed it today (which is a huge possibility!)?

Thanks!

By the way, the parks were great today!! 11 attractions and dinner in four hours! :D

tod
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted but I saw a hidden Mickey on Haunted Mansion today. It is in the ballroom scene, at the table. The plates at one of the settings was a Mickey (2 salad plates and a dinner plate). Is this new or has it always been there and I just noticed it today (which is a huge possibility!)?

It's not new to have a Hidden Mickey in the plates, but they come and go. Sometimes there is one, sometimes there isn't, and they have been known to move.

--t

I Heart Disneyland!
03-23-2006, 12:35 AM
I've seen the plates in that position many times when I've been in the HM. In fact, I don't remember seeing them not that way for a few years. :confused:

geoffa
03-23-2006, 05:38 AM
SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOILER - SPOLIER

Check out:
Top of a couple of tombstones before the hearse. Check the Leota Tombstone - they're in the flowers under her face.
The decorative corners of the hearse.
The three rings that would strap to the horse form a HM from a certain angle
Stand under the candlestick holders near the elevator and look up.
One of the changing portraits has an HM (sideways) on the arm of the red chair.
All these before you're even in your Doom Buggie!

Leap for Joy
03-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Is this new or has it always been there and I just noticed it today (which is a huge possibility!)?
Now that DH and I are going so often, we have this question many times during each trip! lol

SeansMom
03-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Even though I know about hidden Mickey's, we never seem to look for them. Maybe we need to go to DL more often :).

Syndrome
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
We never specifically look for hidden Mickeys, but it's always a cool surprise when we do see one. I like the thunder mountain one, even though it's pretty obvious. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-23-2006, 12:56 PM

I am SO checking these out when I go soon!!!!!! Thanks Geoff!!!

geoffa
03-24-2006, 04:52 AM
I am SO checking these out when I go soon!!!!!! Thanks Geoff!!!

Check out this site:

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Square/Mansion.html

:)

BQ2
03-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the tips! We are hidden mickey hounds :cool:

Check out:
Top of a couple of tombstones before the hearse. Check the Leota Tombstone - they're in the flowers under her face.
The decorative corners of the hearse.
The three rings that would strap to the horse form a HM from a certain angle
Stand under the candlestick holders near the elevator and look up.
One of the changing portraits has an HM (sideways) on the arm of the red chair.

stan4d_steph
03-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Although I've looked at it, I highly doubt the candelabra hidden Mickey was intentional.

potzbie
03-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Beware.

Sometimes three circles which form a triangle is just, well, three circles which form a triange.
:|

Sometimes a colon and a parenthesis do not imply a smiley face icon.
:confused:

But have you noticed that the letters "HM" stand for Haunted Mansion and for "Hidden Mickey"?

Coincidence?
I think not!
;)

geoffa
03-25-2006, 05:12 AM
[QUOTE=potzbie]Beware.

Sometimes three circles which form a triangle is just, well, three circles which form a triangle........

And sometimes a Hidden Mickey isn't always Mickey. Think on that one.

"An error? What error?" PIRATES OF PENZANCE - G&S.