PDA

View Full Version : Movie filmed @ Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Gemini Cricket
04-14-2002, 03:31 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew the name of a movie I saw a long time ago. It was shot inside Disneyland (which is rare) and it had a very long chase sequence throughout the park. I was wondering if anyone remembered the title. I'd love to rent it to see some ancient DL footage. I think it was shot in the 60s. I don't remember any of the actors' names or else I'd have tried imdb.com...
:confused:
It's not "That Thing You Do" (w/ a scene shot @ DL) nor "Marvin's Room" (w/ a scene shot @ WDW MK).
:)

Sheila
04-14-2002, 03:51 PM
I can think of one right off the top of my head. It starred Tony Curtis and it may have been a remake of "Little Miss Marker". Unfortunately, IMDB lists this remake as made in 1980, but I remember the movie as being older.

Anyhoo.... the hysterically funny part of this movie is when they show the Monorail stopping at the Main Street Railroad Station! I'm sure people who come to DL and have seen the movie probably ask the CMs "where's the Monorail station on Main Street?" :D

Sheila

MonorailMan
04-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Sheila

Anyhoo.... the hysterically funny part of this movie is when they show the Monorail stopping at the Main Street Railroad Station! I'm sure people who come to DL and have seen the movie probably ask the CMs "where's the Monorail station on Main Street?" :D

Sheila '

Ok, now I have to see this movie. :D

innerSpaceman
04-14-2002, 04:28 PM
That Tony Curtis movie with the long Disneyland segment is called "40 Pounds of Trouble," was released in '62 (I believe), and was indeed a remake of 'Little Miss Marker."

Gemini Cricket
04-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Thank you, innerSpaceman! I can sleep soundly tonight now...

Here's more info on this film:
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0057069

Awesome.
:)

DisneylandKid
04-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
It's not "That Thing You Do" (w/ a scene shot @ DL) ).
:) Which scene?

What other movies have Disneyland as a location?

Ace
04-14-2002, 05:24 PM
haha... that reminds me of the Rollercoaster movie filmed at Magic MOuntain... that movie was BAD.

SimpTwister
04-14-2002, 08:19 PM
'Rollercoaster', with George Segal and Timothy Bottoms?

That was a GREAT FILM!!!

MonorailMan
04-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
haha... that reminds me of the Rollercoaster movie filmed at Magic MOuntain... that movie was BAD.

I was thinging of "3 Ningas at Mega Mountain". ;)

SimpTwister
04-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

I was thinging of "3 Ningas at Mega Mountain". ;)

The one with Hulk Hogan? :D

I've only seen the box inthe video store... it has Elitch Gardens on the cover.

If that movie's half as lame as Elitch's... :rolleyes:

malin
04-15-2002, 06:09 AM
All the movies Hulk Hogan has ever done are bad.

I remember the Carpenters did a music video at DL.it is a really old video as Mickey was a lot shorter and had a bigger head than he does now.

While this isn't DL I do remember the Muppet Special that was filmed at Disney MGM Studios in Florida.

socabch
04-15-2002, 06:57 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DisneylandKidWhich scene?

The one of the guys in the band meets up with some Marines and ends up in Disneyland with them. (I think I remember this right)

Gemini Cricket
04-15-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by socabch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which scene?

The one of the guys in the band meets up with some Marines and ends up in Disneyland with them. (I think I remember this right)
All I remember was one of the band members riding the Matterhorn with Mickey... I think.

Mouse
04-15-2002, 06:22 PM

All I remember was one of the band members riding the Matterhorn with Mickey... I think.

I believe it was Big Thunder Mt.

Niwel
04-16-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Mouse

I believe it was Big Thunder Mt.

Nope, it was Matterhorn.
It was only ONE of the band members (T.B. Player) who had decided to join the Marines. The other members of The Wonders were at Televsion City waiting to go on TV . T.B. Player went with some of the Marines to Disneyland.

They show him on the Matterhorn and then posing in front of the castle with Mickey.
It's interesting, because the bobsleds themselves look vintage .... but its a modern Mickey :)

Pony Sugrue
04-17-2002, 03:26 PM
The non-Disney film is indeed called "40 pounds of trouble" with Tony Curtis and Suzanne Pleshette.

There is extensive footage of an older Disneyland; showing attractions that no longer exist there like Captain Hook's ship restaurant ad "Skull Rock". This is a unique opportunity to see footage of the old "Nature's Wonderland" ride too (where Thunder Mountain now resides). There are also scenes where Tony Curtis is being chased by men and he actually runs through one of the Animatronic Indian scenes that you can see from the River Boat ride; passing the woman churning butter (or whatever she's churning) on the banks of the Rivers of America.

Speaking of seeing Disney-related things on non-Disney television/movies, I've seen a few nice pieces outside of Disney programming and films that have shown DISNEYLAND.

There is an episode of "Cheers" that I saw in syndication where Woody recalls riding the "Haunted Mansion". There is a "flash-back" scene that shows nice footage of that ride.

Niwel
04-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Pony Sugrue

There is an episode of "Cheers" that I saw in syndication where Woody recalls riding the "Haunted Mansion". There is a "flash-back" scene that shows nice footage of that ride.

Actually, that WAS a Disney program --- It was the Disneyland 35th anniversary special :)

gn2dlnd
04-17-2002, 05:13 PM
passing the woman churning butter (or whatever she's churning)

My people call it maize.

Sheila
04-17-2002, 08:33 PM
In the interests of scientific research, I went and ordered the VHS video of this film from amazon.com ($14.98 plus shipping and tax). Evidently, it's the last "new" one they have, but there were a few used available for sale.

I can hardly wait to view it again! :)

Sheila

stinkerbell
04-18-2002, 01:38 PM
Oh my gosh! We had 40 pounds of trouble on video when I was little, thanks to my dad, the pirate. I always figured it was a Disney flick. Thanks for bringing it up! I know I sometimes have flashes of old movies in my head, but can't remember the name. This is one of them!!!!!!

dizneelover
04-20-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by malin
I remember the Carpenters did a music video at DL.it is a really old video as Mickey was a lot shorter and had a bigger head than he does now.

AHHHHH!!!! Which music vid??? I abosolutely love the Carpenters but I don't have cable or anything to see videos. If anyone knows PLEASE respond! I am dying to know~~~

Pony Sugrue
04-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Even though this actually was on TV and it was a Disney program, does anyone recall a Disneyland special where Sandy Duncan actually walked around in the ballroom scene at the "Haunted Mansion. At the time, I had only been to the WDW Haunted Mansion. I remember saying : "Hey Mom, we gotta go to California. You get to walk amongst the Ghosts at their "Haunted Mansion".

Was I dreamin' that or was there actually a special that had that in it? I was so young at the time, my memory serves me poorly.

malin
04-21-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by dizneelover

AHHHHH!!!! Which music vid??? I abosolutely love the Carpenters but I don't have cable or anything to see videos. If anyone knows PLEASE respond! I am dying to know~~~ It was Please Mr Postman

Horace Horsecollar
04-21-2002, 06:36 AM
Even though this actually was on TV and it was a Disney program, does anyone recall a Disneyland special where Sandy Duncan actually walked around in the ballroom scene at the "Haunted Mansion. At the time, I had only been to the WDW Haunted Mansion. I remember saying : "Hey Mom, we gotta go to California. You get to walk amongst the Ghosts at their "Haunted Mansion".

Was I dreamin' that or was there actually a special that had that in it? I was so young at the time, my memory serves me poorly.

Hmm--this sounds familiar. As I recall, she did a number with the Five Bear Rugs at the Country Bear Jamboree, too.

gn2dlnd
04-22-2002, 01:58 PM
I remember saying : "Hey Mom, we gotta go to California. You get to walk amongst the Ghosts at their "Haunted Mansion".

Did you really say "amongst?" ;)