PDA

View Full Version : Where to find menu for Character Breakfasts? Which one is best?

Pages : [1] 2

5jw
03-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Are all the Character breakfasts the same menu?

markarkaymat
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
They do not have the same food. Goofy's had different food than PCH Grill (and PCH Grill had the menu option). I am sure someone will be able to help you with the menu. I think it is something like www.dlresortinfo.com or something.
*edit: I looked up the url*

meandthree
03-21-2006, 12:50 PM
If I were you I would definitely do Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn. We went for Breakfast and they had an assortment of fresh fruit, they also had waffles and pancakes and fresh strawberries to put on them with whipped creme. They also had a scambled egg and bacon section and an omelet section. The food was so good, but the character interaction was definitely outstanding! They had Minnie, Chip, Dale, Captain Hook, Fairy Godmother, Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore.

We were not pleased with Goofy's Kitchen. Hope I don't get flamed, but it was the most expensive character breakfast that we did and they did have a large variety of foods including lunch items (chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese) along with a salad bar and a fresh fruit bar and they also had an omelet station and a scrambled egg station. They also had some very interesting deserts such as bread pudding which was wonderful and an ice cream station. The down side was the character interaction. We did get Donald's autograph but he never came to our table. The only characters that did were Gepetto and Chip besides that we didn't see anyone else and we were there for an hour and a half. So yes the food is good if that is what you are going for, but the character interaction was pretty disappointing.

markarkaymat
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
meandthree ~ how junky. I think I would have mentioned something to our server if we only had 2 character interactions. did you go nearer to the last seatings? I read that they tend to have less character interaction.
Goofy's was great when we went. we went about 8ish and there were at least 5 characters that came to our table. We prefer Lilo and Stitch because it was less crowded when we went and therefore even though the amount of characters was less (maybe 5 at most) there was a lot more interaction for DD. Depends I guess on when and what time you go. I love the character meals. I only have 1 planned this trip but I am debating about adding on Goofy's dinner (I read it was a little more relaxed but more costly, breakfast had kids running around EVERYWHERE).

meandthree
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
We went at 10:30 so that may have been the problem. We did Lilo and Stitch also and that was our second favorite. Stitch was a hoot! We also did Storyteller's but weren't impressed with the characters.

hlbtimes2
03-21-2006, 01:22 PM
I ditto what meandthree said.

We loved Minnies last week. The characters didnt just come to our table for a picture and autograph- they played and interacted. At Goofys in Oct they came to the table, posed, signed the book and left. We had to ask that Donald come back, he came when dh and I were gone and grandma and grandpa didnt take a picture.

tmptink
03-21-2006, 01:23 PM
I know this is someone else's thread but I saw you guys talking about Lilo and Stitch dining and my DD loves them (so do I :) ) Where do I go to have breakfast or lunch with them. How much is it?

meandthree
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Lilo and Stitch is at the Paradise Pier Hotel. I think our total for two adults and two children was $72 (?) that seems right to me. It was really fun. Stitch came around several times and he and Lilo and Minnie took the kids into the corner of the room and played a game with them. It was really funny! Great interaction!

mousemom
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
When Minnie's Breakfast changed to Lilo and Stitch I was really bummed because I'm not much of a Stitch fan but went anyway. My attitude changed right away. The ambiance there was the best of the 3 (we went to Goofy's and Storyteller also). There were a lot of games and dancing with the characters...I guess things could be different depending on the day. However, I would count on having a great time. They had this amazing banana french toast thing with strawberries and whipped cream which was my favorite food of the whole trip. We always try to go early...maybe earlier than some would care for but at least 1 hour or more before the park actually opened. We could then take our time, eat, visit the characters, eat some more, visit etc etc. If we were getting ready to leave and one of the characters hadn't been by we just let our waiter know and invariably the character would drop by soon. I think the key is getting there early before the crowds when the characters aren't as busy. Whether it's busy or not, the nice thing is that once they are at your table they generally stay until you are satisfied that you have enough pictures and autographs. It sure beats standing in line in the park for an autograph when you'd rather be in line for a ride!

markarkaymat
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I know this is someone else's thread but I saw you guys talking about Lilo and Stitch dining and my DD loves them (so do I :) ) Where do I go to have breakfast or lunch with them. How much is it?
They're at PCH Grill @ Paradise Pier hotel. You can get 10% off with your Disney VISA card or AAA card (you can only use one for the discount). I don't remember how much but it was less than Goofy's prob about $22 - $24 or so for the buffet but you can order of the menu too if you're not big eaters or don't see anything that you want on the buffet (or see something that you want on the menu). Minnie danced with DD (she was too young to know how to copy Stitch, I think, who was leading the older kids in dance so Minnie held her hands and moved her, Minnie was a sweetie! Then the older kids played island hopping which is like musical chairs but they step on islands on the floor. It was fun, not crowded and the food was decent.

going2disneyAZ
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM
We've done Minnie and Freinds at Plaza Inn twice and Storytellers twice. I thought the food at Storytellers was much better but the character interaction was FAR superior at Minnie and Freinds. So I recommend Plaza Inn Minnie and Freinds....

FMTX
03-22-2006, 06:08 AM
We were not pleased with Goofy's Kitchen. Hope I don't get flamed, but it was the most expensive character breakfast that we did and they did have a large variety of foods including lunch items (chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese) along with a salad bar and a fresh fruit bar and they also had an omelet station and a scrambled egg station. They also had some very interesting deserts such as bread pudding which was wonderful and an ice cream station. The down side was the character interaction. We did get Donald's autograph but he never came to our table. The only characters that did were Gepetto and Chip besides that we didn't see anyone else and we were there for an hour and a half. So yes the food is good if that is what you are going for, but the character interaction was pretty disappointing.

The same thing happened to us at Goofy's Kitchen. We loved the food, but hardly had any characters come by our table. Since we go so our kids can see the characters, my wife the old pro tracked down a character handler (the CM who takes care of the characters) and all the characters did end up coming by our table, although the same thing also happened to us at Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn. We were outside on the not so busy side and most characters were not coming out at all on our side. After we ate, my wife talked to a CM who than moved us inside to a prime table and we saw everyone. If you are ever at any character meal and characters are coming to you, find a CM and they will get the characters to you.

I think DL still needs to work on the logistics of character meals a little better as far as seating and character flow. At all character meals at WDW that we have been to, the flow of characters are seamless and all will come by your table. The CM that seats you will let you know the approximate timing on when the first wave of characters will be by your table and will tell you that all characters will be by your table for sure. WDW seats in sections so all the new people coming in are sent to empty table in the same section and the characters follow standard routes through every section so you are guaranteed that every character will come by. WDW also has more CM’s as character handlers to keep the characters on their route and to hit every table. They just seem to flow better at WDW. At the Plaza Inn, we actually saw some characters come out on our side, look around than go back inside without going to any table which was very discouraging for our kids.

stan4d_steph
03-22-2006, 06:13 AM
My vote: Storytellers Cafe. Other reviews are located in the MousePlanet Review Database here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Restaurants%2 0%2F%20Character%20dining).

Headdie
03-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Another vote for Minnie & Friends! We went there a week and a half ago and loved it. It was truly the highlight of our trip and it was the first thing we did. The food was good, the service was great, and the character interaction was excellent. There were nine characters the day we went (minnie, pooh, eeyore, tigger, max, fairy godmother, hook, chip, dale). As posted above they didn't just pose for pictures they played with my dds. Several of the characters came back 2 and 3 times.

We also did lunch at Ariel's Grotto, while enjoyable, I think Minnie's breakfast was the BEST!

tmptink
03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
We went to the Minnie & Friends and we did not get a lot of characters visiting our table. We had Pooh, Minnie, and Captin Hook (scared my dd alittle bit) but the others did not come to our table. Everytime they would walk by other people would grap them and they would walk away. There was Tigger, Minnie, Chip and Dale, Pooh, Captin Hook, and Eyore.

The food was great though.

I am going to try Ariel Gotto and/or Lilo and Stitch when we go in May.

barely
03-22-2006, 07:59 PM
How can one make reservations (are they necessary?) for Minnie and friends breakfast? What time do they start serving and does anyone know the actual cost? Lastly, where is the Plaza Inn?

5-4-fun
03-22-2006, 10:01 PM
We ended up doing both the Lilo and Stich breakfast and Goofy's Kitchen last week on our trip. The restaurants were both very busy when we were there. Here are my observations. (We also watched the character interaction at Storytellers Cafe for a half hour, while we waited for our lunch reservation.)

Characters who came to our table:

Goofy's kitchen- Goofy, Max, Cinderella, Chip and Dale

Lilo and Stitch- Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto

Goofy's Kitchen had more food choices, although both of the breakfasts had far more than I could have eaten if I would have stayed all day. My ds enjoyed his "pizza breakfast". He had pepperoni pizza, peanut butter pizza and a pizza sugar cookie for breakfast (ugh!) Enough to make me sick, but he was in heaven. Then goofy "accidentally" dropped a big tub of plastic pots and kitchen utensils and all of the kids helped make "music" with goofy and max using the kitchenware.

I liked the atmosphere and character interaction the best at Lilo and Stitch. It was a very laid back island kind of mood. Our server was great and kept checking to make sure that we were meeting all of the characters that we wanted to. I know it sounds wierd, but I loved the pineapple and coconut scones with pineapple preserve--YUM! Lilo taught the kids a hawaiian dance, they played a musical chairs game called "island hoppers" and Daisy did another dance with the kids where they used some shakers. It was a lot of fun!

From what we saw at Storytellers cafe the atmosphere seemed a little more reserved and quiet (which may have been because we were there near the end of the morning).

hlbtimes2
03-23-2006, 07:48 AM
How can one make reservations (are they necessary?) for Minnie and friends breakfast? What time do they start serving and does anyone know the actual cost? Lastly, where is the Plaza Inn?

Call (714) 781-DINE (3463) for priority seating (reservations). They start seating at park opening (or maybe 10 minutes after). It is about $23 per adult and $13 for kids- I know for 2 adults and 2 kids, with tax and NO discounts was between $73-74. The Plaza inn is in Disneyland, on the right hand side (if facing the castle) at the end of main street.

Syndrome
03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
I say go to the Plaza Inn. We always enjoy that one as it's a bit more intimate than Goofey's, so more character time. When we went to Goofy's last time, only one character came to our table.

MammaSilva
03-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm a HUGE HUGE, did I mention HUGE fan of PS....it's not the typical 'reservation' situation you'd have in a lot of other places, but it rocks when you walk up and the "stand by" line is huge and on occasions 'closed' to new walkups and you give them your name and get seated within just a short time. I've used them for Minnie and Friends (took us about 5/10 minutes MAYBE?) Storytellers for dinner- 15/20 minutes but the standby line was over an hour...Carnation Cafe...standby was all the way back and curled into the store, we were seated in less than 5 minutes and we were a few minutes LATE for our actual PS ...not an hour but at least 10 minutes late...we've had them for Blue Bayou and never waited more than a few minutes and our last trip I asked for water front because it was the first time for a few of the people in our group and we got the PERFECT table and servers for that matter!

For our next trip so far I have PS for all our dinners and one of our breakfasts since I really want to do Lilo & Stitch....and I wouldn't ever go again without PS for any restaurant we wanted to eat at that offered them!

Syndrome
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Yea, definetely call in a priority seating for all your dining when possible.

mickeynminnie
03-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Goofy's Kitchen has always been a delight. For character interactions, we have always had at least some quality time with the characters. We have had Goofy sit down at our table and draw a picture of himself for us. Dale used a crayon to write a question for our son on the paper table topper. And on our last visit Minnie came by and picked up our son and cradled him like a baby mouse (he was wearing his mouse ears) and she carried him around like her baby. I think it all depends on when you go, it can be hit or miss.

kathyinaf
04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
He LOVES Chip & Dale so at first I thought StoryTellers but it sounds rather sedate and he wouldn't know any of the other characters (we haven't seen Brother Bear). Then, I thought probably Goofy's Kitchen but it sounds a little chaotic and the food so-so. Also, my boy doesn't really know the Lilo & Stitch guys either. Now, I am thinking Plaza Inn. The snafu is that we were planning to go to the parks Mon, Tues, Wed and our flight leaves at 1:00 Thurs. so I thought we could end our experience with a character breakfast Thursday morning but that would eliminate Plaza Inn as we won't be in the park that day. I hate to use our park time eating breakfast. Any opinions would be SO appreciated. Thanks!

Kathy

stan4d_steph
04-06-2006, 06:33 AM
He LOVES Chip & Dale so at first I thought StoryTellers but it sounds rather sedate and he wouldn't know any of the other characters (we haven't seen Brother Bear).If he loves Chip and Dale I would go with Storytellers. Even if he doesn't know the others, he'll for sure get to see his favorites. How can sedate be bad? Better than having him all hyped up then have to get on a plane to sit for several hours.

04-06-2006, 07:44 AM
How can sedate be bad?

Good point, Steph. Sedate in a restaurant is really good, especially if I want my kids to actually eat.