PDA

View Full Version : Best Rate you have ever gotten at on-site hotels

Pages : [1] 2

meandthree
03-21-2006, 12:18 PM
What is the best rate you have ever gotten at an on-site hotel?

TikiGeek
03-21-2006, 12:27 PM
These days $99 is about the best rate you can get at PP or DLH. There are some lower rates on the usual travel sites - be careful of the small print. ;)

DangerMouse
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
GCH - $169
DH - $119

For what it's worth, I liked the DH better, but we were upgraded to a premium view. :D

03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
It was a four-nights-for-the-price-of-three deal at the GCH. Worked out to $182 for the three of us.

vicbella2
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
We got $89 a night this past January at DLH. Had to cancel the trip and was heartbroken at not being able to go with those great rates. We're going next week with the $150 giftcard promo. Subtracting the giftcard it's $786 inclusive of taxes & resort fee for 4 nights. So roughly 196.50 a night almost twice than what we would have paid 2 months ago.

spectromen
03-21-2006, 03:35 PM
$89 at DLH last year, I think on Labor Day weekend.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
129 at the GCH.

sajack
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM
We got $99 off of Travelocity last year for Easter. We did that easter breakfast....Yumm!!!

Malcon10t
03-21-2006, 05:19 PM
What is the best rate you have ever gotten at an on-site hotel?
$35, but that was back in 1978. And that was in the bungalow.

meandthree
03-21-2006, 06:22 PM
This is so much fun. We just got back and got Paradise Pier for $119 and DLH for $129 which are great deals, buuut last June $400 for GCH:eek: Needless to say we will only travel with good rates from here on out.

Tinkermommy
03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
$120 for the DLH.

Not that great a rate, except that it was for 5/4/05 and 5/5/05, and was cheaper than the PP for the same nights. DLH had been sold out, and a resort operator called the morning we were supposed to check in to the PP to ask if we wanted to change to the DLH (our records contained a note that it was our original request). With all that in mind, it was the best!!!

Opus1guy
03-21-2006, 10:36 PM
$21.50 in 1971 at the Disneyland Hotel.

kisroo
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
$21.50 in 1971 at the Disneyland Hotel.

Good lord, you're old. :~D ;)

Let's see. I did the stay 3 nights, 4th night free and paid just under $200/night for concierge at the GCH last year. Several years ago, Mr kisroo and I paid about $230/night (same deal~stayed 8 nights, got 2 of those nights "free") during our honeymoon.

I'm one of those crazies who books a year in advance and then continually checks the rates. Not everyone likes to do that, but it works for me.

I'll be going for the same rate this fall. We'll see.

~kisroo:)

meandthree
03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
kisroo have you already found a fourth night free deal or are you talking about the room rate without the fourth night free? How in the world can you get GCH concierge for $200? What month was that in????

Malcon10t
03-22-2006, 10:19 AM
kisroo have you already found a fourth night free deal or are you talking about the room rate without the fourth night free? How in the world can you get GCH concierge for $200? What month was that in????I know, especially since Conceirge alone is over $150 a night.

junglemom
03-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Good lord, you're old. :~D ;)

LMHO!!!

kimmybear
03-22-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm one of those crazies who books a year in advance and then continually checks the rates. Not everyone likes to do that, but it works for me.

i check the rates, too. but if i find a better deal i end up kicking myself for nt getting it. but all the same, i do it anyway. alas, i can't stop myself... :(

kisroo
03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
kisroo have you already found a fourth night free deal or are you talking about the room rate without the fourth night free? How in the world can you get GCH concierge for $200? What month was that in????

I had the fourth night free in early winter last year through AAA. I had booked it a year ahead when the promo wasn't out yet and then continued to call AAA when I heard about promos. I had actually asked the travel agent about upgrading to a park view concierge and she was shocked at the price that we had gotten for the city view room. Needless to say, she advised me to not change my reservation and said she wasn't sure how the rate got that low. :confused: I didn't argue. :D I did use my Disney visa to pay it (and got triple points), so maybe that had something to do with it??

The honeymoon was booked almost 4 yrs. ago through Dreams-Unlimited travel. The travel agent, who is no longer with that company, was diligent about checking for (and getting) reductions in our package. We got 2 nights free on that stay. That vacation was in mid-October.

If we are able to go this fall, I'm hoping to take advantage of both the fourth night free and/or Disney visa promos again.

~kisroo

meandthree
03-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Kisroo do you know how often Disney Visa offers reduced rates? We received a great rate at the beginning of March but I was wondering if they do this all year long?

kisroo
03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Kisroo do you know how often Disney Visa offers reduced rates? We received a great rate at the beginning of March but I was wondering if they do this all year long?

I'm not really sure. It does seem that the Disney visa seems to be doing more promos. I usually stumble upon the Disney visa deals, like the triple points, and then ask the travel agent if it can be applied to my existing reservation. I've gotten a bit better about checking the website and really looking at all those crummy ad flyers that they stuff into my bill each month.

I've also gotten a companion ticket to Anaheim with the Disney visa but the airline and schedules have yet to work for us.

My husband thinks my "true" calling is being a travel agent. But really, I only like obsessing about my own vacation packages. :geek: ;)

meandthree
03-22-2006, 01:49 PM
I am the same way, I obsess but everyone is always amazed at the prices that I get. It allows us to do more on our vacations and stay at the places that we want to stay just at a better price!

jenpace
03-22-2006, 07:03 PM
We paid $89.00 per night at the GCH in January of '06.

Pirate Princess
03-23-2006, 08:45 AM
What is the BEST way to get a deal at the DLH? Where should I search? What should I do? Besides AP Rates... (because so far.. none of those) I am going in the middle of the week during the off-season AND no convention in town. I feel like I should be able to find some deal.
Thanks everyone.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
03-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Here's how I find the best rates everywhere I go...first I find a decent rate and nail it down. Then I keep hitting every booking website available, including the hotel's direct site. If they don't have one, I call every few days and check. Occasionally a block of rooms that has been pre-booked will get released around the time of the 'cancel by or get penalized date'. They will pop up out of nowhere when you least expect it. I've stayed at the Rio in Vegas for $50 a night and got the Venetian for $89 (in fact, when we checked in, the desk clerk looked at the paperwork and commented "wow, you got a good rate!").

You have to be ready to jump fast and there's no guaratee this will happen, but the times it does makes the research well worth the effort.

And my best resort price? $129 at the Grand Californian, $119 at DLH (recent prices, that is...). IMHO, Grand Calif is worth twice the price.

-TLMt

Disneyfalcon
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
We paid $89.00 per night at the GCH in January of '06.

Wow, how'd you get that? I was never quoted a rate that low and I tried in January.

How'd you guys get the $129 rates for GCH?