PDA

View Full Version : Tortilla Factory Question

Pages : [1] 2

03-21-2006, 11:43 AM
My daughter Cleo would like to know how many times in a row you can go through the DCA tortilla factory before they ask you to stop.

Vegitabeta
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Well, as many times as you want I guess, but it could get kinda boring! Maybe wear a disguise or something. :)

stan4d_steph
03-21-2006, 11:59 AM
My daughter Cleo would like to know how many times in a row you can go through the DCA tortilla factory before they ask you to stop.Sounds like a challenge to me. Who's up for it?

03-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a challenge to me. Who's up for it?

July '07 The Great Tortilla Factory Challenge.

Be there.

Vegitabeta
03-21-2006, 12:04 PM
It's not like they don't have enough of the things!

cfrith
03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Where is the tortilla factory? Is it just that, a tortilla factory?

ghoofie
03-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Why not just ask them for more then one.
I bet they'd give you more. I heard if you
have a birthday sticker they'll give you a bag of 'em.

Pat-n-Eil
03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Where is the tortilla factory? Is it just that, a tortilla factory?

It is the Mission Tortilla Factory with a little introduction room and then the actual tortilla making machines. They give you a fresh warm one at the end. It is in DCA near the Wharf area (where the Boudin Bread and the Mexican place is).

kohl
03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes, you do get a bag of tortillias with your B-Day sticker

Keurigirl
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
I wondered that myself!! I know you don't have to watch the movies as soon as they open the doors, you can just walk through and get your tortilla. I wonder if they would stop you?

stan4d_steph
03-22-2006, 06:11 AM
You might throw in some banter with CMs. It could buy you a few more trips.

SandraVB79
03-22-2006, 06:52 AM
I am quite sure someone will try it out
I would, if only I lived closer by.

I once went 5 times in a row, and the 5th time, I got 6 or 7 tortillas. I think the CM was tired of seeing me...

snappy
03-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I wish they would give you some butter to go with that Tortilla. Yum!! But serious as a former cast member I would give out free courtesy cups of popcorn to kids who looked like they didn't have a dime to their name. Probably spent that dime on their admission ticket.

ghoofie
03-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I wondered that myself!! I know you don't have to watch the movies as soon as they open the doors, you can just walk through and get your tortilla. I wonder if they would stop you?

Maseca !!

Juniper
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
I wish they would give you some butter to go with that Tortilla. Yum!! But serious as a former cast member I would give out free courtesy cups of popcorn to kids who looked like they didn't have a dime to their name. Probably spent that dime on their admission ticket.

We went for my B-day in Dec. and I got the bag, and my mom just went into the Pacific Wharf Cafe and got butter from a CM, we also shared a margarita, perfect snack!

Drince88
03-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, you do get a bag of tortillias with your B-Day sticker
Not always. My sister had her birthday sticker on, but a lady JUST ahead of us had one, and she got the only bag of tortillas they had. :crying:

And it was REALLY on her birthday - not her birthday 'week' or 'trip' or anything.

emilousmom
03-24-2006, 09:14 AM
we went for our daughter's 3rd bday. she LOVED that factory. We would go in and the guy would just open the doors for us so that we didn't have to watch the movie,lol. She loved the little people movies that are up front.

And everytime we went in, they gave her a free bag of tortillas. So 3 bags later on the same day, we were set. We went around the corner and bought a cup of beans and made bean burritos for her. Cheaper than a kids meal and she loved it. She was so proud of her tortillas,lol.

Ang

kohl
03-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Not always. My sister had her birthday sticker on, but a lady JUST ahead of us had one, and she got the only bag of tortillas they had. :crying:

And it was REALLY on her birthday - not her birthday 'week' or 'trip' or anything.

When we went last April, there were 5 people in our LARGE group with Birthday buttons on and ALL 5 of them got a bag of tortillias. (and yes, it was all their birthdays)

charpaul
03-24-2006, 10:59 AM
If you REALLY want some butter for your fresh hot tortilla.... You could go to the Warf Restaurant (where they make the bread bowls) BEFORE you go into the Tortilla Factory and ask them nicely at the counter for some butter.... They usually say yes. And then you have some butter to spread on your tortilla:fez:

Another Dimension
03-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Most I ever hit in one day was 3.
But they were several hours apart..

MASECA!

That short film is cool. It's almost always worth watching it .. AKA 'a nice 5 minute air conditioned rest leaning against the wall'.
It was nice to see the little attraction get some improvement when the film was added, a couple years after it opened.

Boudin needs to do the same.. make a fun new film.. or upgrade the attraction somehow, in some fun ways. Something! Boudins numbers have to be much lower than the Mission tortilla attraction.
The bakers of that really good bread have to be able to bake a better and more popular attraction, somehow. ;)

Although... with that bakery tour gone and maybe the Pacific Wharf Cafe moved into the 100% useless Lucky Fortune Cookery building.. that could free up a decent sized attraction space for the Pacific Wharf.

Mermaid
03-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Do you get free bread in the Boudin tour? I have never done it!

Andrew
03-24-2006, 09:17 PM
A small sample. Very small.

TP2000
03-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Be careful though, a brand new member to these boards named "notthesun" just arrived and informed us in another thread that the Mission Tortilla Factory "broke down" on their last visit just as they were about to enter. So don't wait in line too long, because it may break down and you will have wasted all of that time in line.

adriennek
03-25-2006, 12:23 PM
So don't wait in line too long, because it may break down and you will have wasted all of that time in line.

LOL!

That was funny.

Adrienne

sdfilmcritic
03-25-2006, 01:18 PM
My daughter Cleo would like to know how many times in a row you can go through the DCA tortilla factory before they ask you to stop.Will this be a trick question on the Spring '06 MA challenge?