PDA

View Full Version : More Entertainment Book Questions

ktrm
03-21-2006, 10:27 AM
So I just came back from Disneyland 3 days ago and I am already planning my July trip. OMG!!! I noticed on the website for the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort that they have a low, low rate for something called an entertainment card. I did a search on this website and found the website for the entertainment book. My questions are

1. I live in the Central Valley. Do I buy the Central Valley entertainment book or the Orange county entertainment book to get discounts on Anaheim hotels?

2. The discount card is in the book? In the back or something?

3. The holiday inn is not listed as a hotel that gets a discount on the website although the website page is not really clear. It lists hotels like Radisson, La Quinta and something else. I guess I should call the hotel directly but I thought some website people might have some thoughts on this.

4. Some other threads noted you had to use this card by November 1st. Is this correct? So I couln't use my card for my Christmas trip I would have to buy another book?

Wendi
03-21-2006, 10:44 AM
So I just came back from Disneyland 3 days ago and I am already planning my July trip. OMG!!! I noticed on the website for the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort that they have a low, low rate for something called an entertainment card. I did a search on this website and found the website for the entertainment book. My questions are

1. I live in the Central Valley. Do I buy the Central Valley entertainment book or the Orange county entertainment book to get discounts on Anaheim hotels?
I would buy the Central Valley book since you'll get the most use out of the discounts there. You can still use the hotel discounts anywhere they are offered.

2. The discount card is in the book? In the back or something?
Yes, it is in the front of the book.

3. The holiday inn is not listed as a hotel that gets a discount on the website although the website page is not really clear. It lists hotels like Radisson, La Quinta and something else. I guess I should call the hotel directly but I thought some website people might have some thoughts on this.
I would call the hotel directly, just ask them if they have an entertainment rate available for the nights you want to book, you can get the book later.

4. Some other threads noted you had to use this card by November 1st. Is this correct? So I couln't use my card for my Christmas trip I would have to buy another book?
Yes, the book is good for a year, expires in November. So you would probably need to buy a new one for your December trip. I think you may need to show your card at checkin, but I haven't used it for a hotel yet so I'm sure someone else will have a better answer for you.

Malcon10t
03-21-2006, 11:46 AM
The discount card is in the front of the book. You can get them at Costco and other places. You can also go to mypoints.com and go thru their links to buy one and get 750 points for buying. I like using mypoints.com. I saved up enough for $500 in RainForest gift cards, and usually cash in my points 2 months before a trip for Disney area restaurants. (Helps save the food fund!!)

You only need the card at checkin. You dont need it to book, so you can wait til Oct or Nov to buy the new book. The cards (and coupons) expire Nov 1 of each year. It is actually a GREAT book, we save a lot using it!

ktrm
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I had no idea you could buy them through Costco. I thought you had to buy them through the entertainment book website. I will also check out mypoints.com. Thanks. I already booked the hotel for July and I just came back from Disneyland three days ago....oh my. The entertainment discount was significantely cheaper than the AAA discount and the hotel said entertainment discount rooms fill up fast. I just could not resist. Help me....I'm becoming a Disneyland addict!!

Malcon10t
03-21-2006, 05:18 PM
I had no idea you could buy them through Costco. I thought you had to buy them through the entertainment book website. I will also check out mypoints.com. Thanks. I already booked the hotel for July and I just came back from Disneyland three days ago....oh my. The entertainment discount was significantely cheaper than the AAA discount and the hotel said entertainment discount rooms fill up fast. I just could not resist. Help me....I'm becoming a Disneyland addict!!
hehehehe I know that one. We have been passholders for 8+ years. Barnes and Nobles on McHenry sells them too (or did a couple months ago.) I ALWAYS ask hotels "AAA or Entertainment rates?" And in Anaheim I add "Disneyland AP rate?"

Shadowcat
03-22-2006, 09:20 AM
We saved $20+ per night off our hotel reservations using the Entertainment book, which means it already paid for itself. Plus it gets us a discount on our rental car too. It is well worth the purchase, whether you're vacationing or not.

We ended up purchasing it through the Entertainment Book web site. Stores in our area already shipped them back to the supplier this time of year, not to mention the 2006 books are half-price off their site.

Leap for Joy
03-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Many schools and non-profit organizations sell entertainment books as a fundraiser. If you don't go the mypoints route, call your local school and buy it there rather than buying directly from the website.

ktrm
03-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone. Boy this is a great book. Not only does it allow me to get $30/day off my hotel, but I just noticed I can get $6 off per ticket to Legoland. My son insists that the next trip to Disneyland must include a trip to Legoland.