PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Brick question

sajack
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Hi, I'm just wondering if any of you have ordered the 'replica' of your brick? I see they have two options - wood or acrylic, I'm wondering which one is better. I can't decide and wanted some opinions from people who might have them.
Thanks!

markarkaymat
03-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I did not get my replica brick yet :( but I am pretty sure I ordered the wood replica because I thought it would look nicer. But then I felt there were pros and cons to both. Acrylic, easily cleaned but can scratch easily. Wood, would look great but here we have pretty high humidity and I would hate for it to start looking a little moldy-ish. but nothing that good care can't prevent. I say list your pros and cons for each and go with which ever one suits you best, but now I am wishing I bought both....

yellowrosedtxn
03-21-2006, 08:59 AM
I got the wooden one. It is not really big, but I like it. When we went to the park last year our stone was not in place yet, so I am looking forward to seeing it this year!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I got the acrylic replica and I love it. I put it in a white "shadowbox" frame with other Disneyland memorabilia (photos of my daughters sitting next to the actual brick, fastpasses, etc.), and it worked out very well. I did paint the stand it comes with white because I didn't care for the dark wood stand with the clear acrylic brick.

SANDYMARIE
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
I still need to get one of these! Thanks for reminding me! :)
TTFN

mcow1
03-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi, I'm just wondering if any of you have ordered the 'replica' of your brick? I see they have two options - wood or acrylic, I'm wondering which one is better. I can't decide and wanted some opinions from people who might have them.
Thanks!
I preferred acrylic. Therefore mine is acrylic I love it.

pooh0200
03-21-2006, 11:20 AM
my DH wants to know how to get one of the bricks. Can someone give me some info please.

Leslie

markarkaymat
03-21-2006, 12:50 PM
I asked and this is the email they sent me. (PM me with your email address if you want me to email you the attachments)
Dear Karen,

Thank you for your continued interest in Disney's "Walk of Magical
Memories."

Please review the included attachments of the sponsorship order form and
application agreement. Although orders cannot be placed online, the
application can be submitted to our office by mail or fax. We hope that
the following information is helpful as you prepare to place your order.

Each brick may contain 3 lines of script with up to 16 characters per
line. Spaces and punctuation are counted as characters. All names must
be separated by a space, comma or hyphen. Inscriptions are
automatically centered.

Brick inscriptions may include proper person or family names, a single
date, and a place (such as Anaheim, CA). No other information,
including, but not limited to, slogans, titles, memorials, messages,
copyright information, company or group names may be included on the
brick.

A brick sponsorship is $150 and for an additional $35 you can purchase a
5"x5" acrylic or wooden replica of your brick for your desk or mantel.
Please note that although a brick sponsorship will not be taxed, a
replica order will be taxed (7.750% state tax) if it is being shipped to
California or Florida. Shipping is included in the price of the
replica.

Please note that all bricks ordered with the special 50th medallion logo
will be placed in a reserved 50th Anniversary section located near the
Main Gate Entrance to Disneyland Park.

The installation of brick sponsorships accepted before October 30, 2005
is scheduled to take place during late January to early February of
2006, barring unforeseen delays. We encourage you to call our office
during or after that time for updates on the latest bricks installed,
especially if you are planning on visiting Disneyland Resort to view it.

After your order has been processed, you will receive a confirmation
mailer. It will include your sales receipt, a Certificate of
Authenticity and brick locator map. The map will show the id number
assigned to your brick. It will also highlight the section of the
walkway in which your brick will be installed.

If you should have any questions regarding a brick sponsorship or would
like to place an order over the phone, please feel free to contact the
Magical Memories office at (800) 760-3566. Cast Members are available
to assist you Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm, and Saturday from 8am-4pm
Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you and we look forward to your sponsorship!

Sincerely,

Jamie
Disney's Walk of Magical Memories
Disneyland Resort

ssturgeo
03-22-2006, 09:27 AM
I got the wood replica. It is as nice as I expected....just thought it would a little richer than the acrylic. Got to see my brick in November...has my name and my granddaughters. LOVE IT!!!

mcow1
03-22-2006, 09:50 AM
I might avoid getting the 50th medallion in the brick any more. Apparently people keep stealing the medallions from them. And, when Disney replaces them it seems neatness doesn't count. My brick looks kind of tacky now with glue coming out from the medallion. :(

jeffat2
03-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Our family purchased both and I like the acrylic better.

oohykitten
03-22-2006, 12:22 PM
I got the wood one, I am just wondering how long it will before my brick is in place. We got in Nov, but I don't see ANY bricks where they say it would be yet.

markarkaymat
03-22-2006, 12:46 PM
I got the wood one, I am just wondering how long it will before my brick is in place. We got in Nov, but I don't see ANY bricks where they say it would be yet.
I called disney about my order because I haven't received any info about my brick since I mailed in my order. The CM told me my brick # (I am assuming the location number) but told me that the reason I hadn't received anything yet is because they haven't made my brick yet but since I did have a number her best guess was that it would be put in sometime in August...which is good news for you cause that means your brick goes in before mine and so it will hopefully be in by Nov.:)

Packrat
03-22-2006, 01:22 PM
My wife and I bought the acrylic one and received it a few months back. We love it! We got to see our stone 2 weeks ago when we took our 2 year old and 6 month old! :)

Jason

oohykitten
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Jason, when did you buy your brick if I may ask? I am trying to see when I can expect to see my sons.

Packrat
03-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Jason, when did you buy your brick if I may ask? I am trying to see when I can expect to see my sons.

My wife and I are trying to remember. She seems to think it was about a year and a half ago that we purchased it, though not 100% sure.

Jason

oohykitten
03-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Gotcha, thank you. We bought our sons in Nov, they said it would be in soon...however went to look and didn't even see ANY for C07 or C08 the next one. I hear stories it takes forever and I really hope that isn't the case on this one.

SoCalDude
03-23-2006, 12:02 AM
We have the wood one and we love it. We got wood because we kinda have a wood theme with the furniture lol. It is MUCH smaller than I thought it would be, but still very nice to display. I wish they had like a fake stone color option!

RangerPooh
03-26-2006, 03:46 PM
We got the acrylic replica and like it. In order to see the writing better I cut out a piece of brick red cardstock a little smaller than the brick and placed it behind it so that you could see the white writing. Ours was probably placed within 5 months of ordering it.