PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in June?

disneyochem
03-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi, one of the ladies in my office is heading down to DL on June 9-11 and was wondering about crowds. When do the local schools get out for vacation? I told her that I thought it would be summer crazy but not sure.... I rarely go to DL during June or July! Any information would be helpful! Thanks.

yellowrosedtxn
03-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Last year we went down there it was at the end of Jun, beginning of July. There were a lot of people, but the crowds weren't unbearable. When we got there, it was around the 22nd of Jun and the schools were not out yet - it was like that Friday that they were out or something like that. The summer hours didn't kick in until the Friday either.

Just tell your co-worker to use the FASTPASS system as much as possible because I could not understand WHY someone would wait in a line for 240 minutes for ANY ride when they could just get on it in 20 minutes using that system.

We are going to be back there this summer around the same time (end of June) and I am looking forward to it.

Also suggest that they go in early - take advantage of the people that sleep in, when it gets really crowded, go rest, swim or shop and then come back later in the evening. Hope they have fun!

kisroo
03-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Granted, the last time we went in June, it wasn't during the 50th, but it wasn't bad at all. We were there for 5 days starting June 14th several years ago and it was very manageable. The only days we really saw big crowds in DL were Friday eve and all day Sat. So, we headed over to DCA on those days.

If we ever want to do another June trip, I think we'd try to go by the second or third week. I don't think many schools are out yet. You get some of the summer benefits, without the major summer crowds.

~kisroo:)

cmpeter
04-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Our school district lets out on June 15th this year...not sure about other's though.

raych30
04-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Our school district is out June 9th. Still, I'm avoiding DL this summer, I don't do well with heat, lol.

MortgageMan
04-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Can't stress enough yellow's point about getting in the park early. I have been to DL on some very crowded days but walked on to attractions like Splash Mtn. & Space Mtn. before 10am.

The old man
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Simply rule number one is--not to get to the park "early", but to be in the entry line about 15 to 30 minutes before the opening of the park.

David