PDA

View Full Version : 3/20 DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop" Photo Update New!

DaddyB
03-20-2006, 01:16 AM
On Time for a change!
http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2006_03_20_Update/3.jpg
http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2006_03_20_Update/03_20_Update.htm
Consider it "Short, but sweet"!
Happy Monday!!!

Dr. G
03-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Thank you for these Photo Updates! I really look forward to them!

Your pictures really get us excited for our trip in June.

Have a great week.

lobotomomma
03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
L-O-V-E-D your updated photos, DaddyB! I am in awe of your photographic abilities. You are truly a master and we are but lowly apprentices. My pics look like a small child took them. Thanks for sharing again!!! :o)

David&Emmy's Mom
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Hoping you are feeling much better by now, DaddyB. For being under the weather, you produced another outstanding photo update. Thanks for linking here to MP. I thoroughly enjoy each and every update you post. We'll be in the park in five days, and these photos just build our excitement level.

Thanks again,
David&Emmy'sMom

DaddyB
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
It's very nice of you to say. I am truly appreciative that the generous folks at Mouseplanet allow me to post a link on their discussion boards. They certainly don't have to, and I am truly thankful that I am allowed to spread the word on this wonderful sight. Other sites have not been so generous. I prefer to think of anyone running a Disney(land) fansite as part of a family and we all ought to stick together, but sometimes there's as much negative feelings and actions in the family as would be found on Wisteria Lane!

my2lalas
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Your pictures are AWESOME! We (my daughters and I) look forward to your updates. It's like a little trip through Disneyland, until we can be there again in person.
My girls are big princess fans and we loved the picture of the castle you posted on this thread. I wasn't able to download it for a desktop---why are only certain ones available for desktop? I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computers, maybe it's a ton of work, I was just wondering.
Thanks so much for all your work. We really appreciate it!

TowerofTerror
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
wow i love all the pictures taken keep up the work.

weluvdisney
03-20-2006, 08:37 PM
I always look forward to your pictures. They help me feel closer to DL than 17 hours :)

DaddyB
03-20-2006, 11:23 PM
...I wasn't able to download it for a desktop---why are only certain ones available for desktop?

Well, it takes a LOT of work to get a photo into all the various sizes and proportions for desktops. I literally spend 20-30 hours on each update just in front of my computer! Sometimes, while photos look pretty good smaller, when blown up, they just show problems that were pretty much unseen in that smaller size. If you've ever looked at a picture you took on a digital camera LCD and thought it was pretty good only to realize when you got it onto your computer that it was WAY out of focus and shaky, then you know what I mean. What I can make look good at 720x480 size just looks a shade on the *blech* side at 1024x768 or larger. Sometimes, I just really feel like I can do better, and want another shot at it before releasing it as a desktop picture. Sometimes it just a matter of me feeling that there are too many people in the picture, and it makes it too distracting.

Being something of an 'artist', I don't want pictures that aren't up to my level of 'par' out there on the internet, so I started protecting them (in a relatively minor way)from being downloaded. There are ways around my 'no right click' coding, but I simply ask that folks adhere to my wishes, since these updates are free, you're certainly already getting your money's worth with the desktops that I DO make available!

Thanks for understanding. I did change the message that pops up in this update to explain the concept of clicking only on the linked images. I hope that helps!

DaddyB

kimmybear
03-20-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, it takes a LOT of work to get a photo into all the various sizes and proportions for desktops. I literally spend 20-30 hours on each update just in front of my computer! Sometimes, while photos look pretty good smaller, when blown up, they just show problems that were pretty much unseen in that smaller size. If you've ever looked at a picture you took on a digital camera LCD and thought it was pretty good only to realize when you got it onto your computer that it was WAY out of focus and shaky, then you know what I mean. What I can make look good at 720x480 size just looks a shade on the *blech* side at 1024x768 or larger. Sometimes, I just really feel like I can do better, and want another shot at it before releasing it as a desktop picture. Sometimes it just a matter of me feeling that there are too many people in the picture, and it makes it too distracting.

Being something of an 'artist', I don't want pictures that aren't up to my level of 'par' out there on the internet, so I started protecting them (in a relatively minor way)from being downloaded. There are ways around my 'no right click' coding, but I simply ask that folks adhere to my wishes, since these updates are free, you're certainly already getting your money's worth with the desktops that I DO make available!

Thanks for understanding. I did change the message that pops up in this update to explain the concept of clicking only on the linked images. I hope that helps!

DaddyB

i love your pics! i'm always amazed that you have hardly any people in them.
some strange questions: have you ever been at DL for a movie premiere? i'm going to the pirates one and i wanted to ask what lens/camera you used. i've got a canon rebel SLR and a 35-80mm lens and a 75-300mm lens. do you think that would cover all my needs? i mentioned this on another thread, but i what kind of credentials do you need? thanks! =)

geoffa
03-21-2006, 02:29 AM
As ever, your pictures are awesome. Love the sky behind the castle shots. You just have such eye for detail and composition. You really brighten up our day!

disneyhound
03-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Great photos once again!

Regarding your close-up photo of the lagoon cave extension, the one you wrote "No idea what I am looking at..."

The presence of the re-bar on the left side all the way to the top of the form, as well as the pop-ties on the right, indicate the height of the wall is the same as the height of the plywood forms.

The wall on the left has both sides of the form completed, while on the right, only the inner form is in position. The framed boxes on the right will create openings in the wall when it is poured.

DaddyB
03-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Great photos once again!

Regarding your close-up photo of the lagoon cave extension, the one you wrote "No idea what I am looking at..."

The presence of the re-bar on the left side all the way to the top of the form, as well as the pop-ties on the right, indicate the height of the wall is the same as the height of the plywood forms.

The wall on the left has both sides of the form completed, while on the right, only the inner form is in position. The framed boxes on the right will create openings in the wall when it is poured.THANKS! I may use that info in my next update!