PDA

View Full Version : October or November

meandthree
03-19-2006, 06:10 PM
We were originally planning on going to Disneyland in October but thought we might just go at Thanksgiving. Can anyone give me any recommendations? From what I am seeing on this board it looks like it will be busy no matter what time we go. Also, does anyone know of specials that are normally run in October or November?

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-19-2006, 06:41 PM
The big plus to going around Thanksgiving is the Christmas festivities (decorations, parades, snow on Main St., It's a Small World Christmas). I believe more of the attractions are open as well then. In October, you might run into some being down (IASW for the Christmas makeover, not sure when HM goes down for it's holiday makeover).

We went this last year right after Thanksgiving (arrived Saturday, parks Sun-Mon-Tues) and found it not too bad crowd-wise. Even got fairly decent hotel rates (off-site, though I could have gotten DLH for $89 or $99 AP rates; we decided against purchasing APs til this upcoming Fall).

I'd probably not want to go ON Thanksgiving or the days leading up to it -- very busy from what I understand with people visiting their families in CA and taking a day for DL, as well as many schools having vacation the week or days leading up to Thanksgiving.

meandthree
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh my gosh so there were AP rates at Thanksgiving? I have an AP and if I can get DL for $89 we will definitely go then. Do you happen to remember how much GCH was?

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
I don't know that GCH had any (or if they did, I was too late in finding out about it and they all sold out).

Actually, now that I think about it......each Fall the deal seems to be stay 3 nights at any DL resort hotel get the 4th night free. Usually that extends into November, sometimes December (with the Thanksgiving holiday dates blocked out). Anywho, I'd expect they'll continue that promo...though ya never know...but if they do, you've got some pretty good odds of snagging nice hotel rates in either October or November, be it AP or Fall promo.

kohl
03-20-2006, 07:13 AM
The least expensive we have ever gotten the GCH for an AP rate was $159.

meandthree
03-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Any idea what time of year you got that rate?

Rhiannon8404
03-20-2006, 07:30 AM
We generally go at Thanksgiving. We like to get there the Sunday before and go home that Friday. Thanksgiving Day is a great day to go to DCA. It's very much not crowded as all the holiday crowds are at DL.

We love the Thanksgiving Day buffet dinner at DLH. I much prefer it to cooking dinner for extended family. I'll cook for everyone on Christmas, but Thanksgiving is for just me, my husband and our son...and everyone else at DLR.

meandthree
03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Rhiannon804 what do you normally pay at Thanksgiving for the DL Hotel?

kohl
03-20-2006, 10:05 AM
We usually go the Sunday after Thanksgiving and the last week in February.
They usually have the special AP rates. This last February they did not have any Ap rates, only rates through Disney VISA. The GCH was $199 with the Disney VISA rate.

meandthree
03-20-2006, 11:36 AM
We took advantage of the Visa Rate two weeks ago so maybe they will have something at that time also.