PDA

View Full Version : Where would you propose?

Pages : [1] 2

Jason Reynolds
05-21-2001, 04:02 PM
Here's a quick survey for all of you out there...

If you were to propose to the one you love, where and when would you do so at the Disneyland Resort?:eek:

KevAct1
05-21-2001, 04:16 PM
In Front of Sleeping Beatuy Castle at night when it's all lit up.

Largent81
05-21-2001, 04:34 PM
I agree.... but my hubby "proposed" (I guess you could say that's what he did) on the rivers of america

oregonzooron
05-21-2001, 07:27 PM
The Wishing Well...

Been there, done that...she said yes!

Twenty years later we're no longer together...but still best of friends

Gauchograd99
05-21-2001, 08:42 PM
I have thought about this recently... maybe in front of Walt on Main Street or the Wishing Well. Another really good one would be at the Blue Bayou (as long as I set it up ahead of time to have the ring brought in, us seated by the water, and everything going well).

TinkR
05-21-2001, 09:08 PM
My husband proposed to me on my 27th Birthday on our favorite ride ... Pirates of the Carribean (WDW). It had always been our favorite ride and continues to be our favorite.

He gave me the box as we were loading onto the ride and I wasn't allowed to open it until the ride ended (talk about torture). Once we exited and I could see, I opened it and he proposed in front of a cheering audience. Very very cool!!

TinkR:)

JeffG
05-21-2001, 09:30 PM
If you were to propose to the one you love, where and when would you do so at the Disneyland Resort?

On Small World shortly before park closing so we could get a boat to ourselves.

Ok, so I did this about 15 months ago...

-Jeff

dgthx
05-21-2001, 10:20 PM
I proposed to my fiance this year in a quiet spot underneath the upper level of the Hungry Bear. There is a little walkway here that we often go to to get away from the crowds. You can feed the ducks here and watch the canoers and the Mark Twain and Columbia sail by. I told her that I heard that there was a hidden Mickey somewhere around there. While she was looking I pulled out the ring and said "Here it is!" When she turned around she saw me on my knee, ring in hand. She loved the whole thing and said she had no clue. :D

Rick
05-22-2001, 05:55 AM
Sleeping Beauty's Castle at night when the fireworks start.
(I don't even have crush so I won't have to worry about this for a long time)

05-22-2001, 08:42 AM
Toon Town! :p

For real if my beloved was a DL fan (unfortunately, not): New Orleans Square.

cstephens
05-22-2001, 10:28 AM
My husband picked the Tiki Room to propose because that attraction has special meaning for us.

A friend of mine has a brother who proposed to his girlfriend in front of the grizzly bear waterfall at DCA on the Saturday AP preview day in February.

/cs

"Come What May" - Moulin Rouge

Lani
05-22-2001, 08:16 PM
Alex proposed by the Wishing Well, in front of the soapstone statues of the dwarfes and Snow White. He said he initially considered proposing over the balcony at the Fantasmic Dessert Buffett (which we did do afterwards), but I don't know why he didn't. He does now tell others that he proposed in the park because it was the closest I was going to get to a Disney wedding experience (we didn't want to spend the big bucks for a Disneyland wedding)! :D

Napsto
05-23-2001, 09:17 AM
all these things are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROMANTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Mandrake Linux
05-23-2001, 01:02 PM
I agree with that one guy, in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Image on SpaceMountain. *wind* WILL YOU MARRY ME!

TecTalker2K
05-23-2001, 03:01 PM
My plan is the Balconey during the Finale of Fantasmic. :)

HBTiggerFan
05-23-2001, 07:53 PM
In an awesome spot infront of Cinderalls castle during the "When you wish upon a star" part of Believe.

lisap
12-29-2001, 04:57 PM
Bump for Karin :)

ripplededge
12-29-2001, 05:29 PM
If it were me out there, I would be in my security costume right infront of the rope before Disneyland opened, with my hat being held across my chest, down on one knee, being witnessed by everyone who was just about to come in, and with my security buddies standing behind my lady.

Morrigoon
12-29-2001, 05:48 PM
Not being a guy, I really hope I don't have to do the proposing, but... (if I was a guy planning this sort of thing)....

You take your beloved to the park, and decide that today, since you haven't done it in a while (or because you don't go the park that often, if that's the case), you two should get your picture in front of the castle. You hand your camera to an accommodating CM (or friend who's in on it) and explain to them that they should catch her reaction on film. Then you stand next to her, starting to pose and oh wait, you need to fix something, you reach in your pocket, yank it out and down on one knee in one swift movement. She squeals, the camera snaps. *poof!* a memory!
... and a very public proposal - the best kind (if you know she'll say yes)

FantasmicFan82
12-29-2001, 05:48 PM
...now i'm getting ideas.... :D but i'm far off... far off...

I like the Castle during fireworks idea the best. but SM is my favorite ride....:rolleyes:

innerSpaceman
12-29-2001, 06:32 PM
I proposed at the Wishing Well. It's a very romantic spot and I was able to get friends to "block off" both entries to the area, temporarily. Alone, just she and me, Snow White and the dwarfs, the swans and Sleeping Beauty Castle in the starlight. A magical and fondly remembered moment.

wonderful
12-29-2001, 09:28 PM
I'd have to say I'd grab a boat on Storybookland, wait till the operator finished his/her spiel about Cinderella in front of her (tiny) castle (which ends something like "... and there is the castle where she now lives with her prince...") and propose there... definately AT NIGHT... good luck!

sunnyca
12-29-2001, 10:11 PM
I agree with Lani. The balcony looking over Fantasmic would be the most romantic place to be proposed to. Tell your girlfriend you'll get her some dessert and bring a plate with a ring on it. that would melt my heart. :)

Morrigoon
12-29-2001, 10:36 PM
Here's a different one....

Take her to TSI. Find a nice little corner where there isn't as much noise and propose there.

Ooh, wait, I like this one better: Go on the Mark Twain. Ask the CM at the dock if you two can be let up into the wheelhouse on top. (It has to be ok'd by the captain of the boat). It's cramped, but can't be beat for a memorable experience.

FEJ
12-29-2001, 11:08 PM
On Christmas Evening we saw a proposal about to happen on the side3 balcony of the disney gallery. "He" made the arangements and casually led her out there under the guise if "watching" the fireworks. The CM's in the gallery let us in on the secret. It was neat to watch it unfold from the street below.