PDA

View Full Version : 3/18 News and Photos from the DLR - Lots of Info

Darkbeer
03-19-2006, 08:48 AM
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1286623

In the photos, some changes, and yes, lots of Sub Lagoon stuff

The Picnic Area Lockers have returned, $8 to $12 per day.

The Main Stroller Rental areas in both Disneyland and DCA have closed, and once again, one location is open in the Main Entry Plaza near the Kennel.

The Large Billboard Ad near the West Security area has been removed

Looks like one of the Turkeys has passed away. The sign talking about them has been removed, and only one turkey has been on display for the last week or two.

The Cove Bar remains closed for Painting, return date is now next Friday, the 24th. (subject to change).

In case you missed it in the last photo update, the Mandara Spa is open, but the Grand Opening won't be for about another month.

Lots of new info has been placed at Disneyland.com

The Snow White Musical will return on Friday June 9th and will be offered 7 days a week during the summer.

Aladdin will remain at 5 days a week during the summer.

Fantasmic! returns to 7 days a week operation on Friday, June 2nd, but will go dark on June 17th due to the Pirates Premiere and return on Wednesday June 28th. Also Fantasmic! will not be offered on June 8th, 14th and 15th due to Grad Nites.

The new re-opening date for Pirates of the Carribean is Monday, June 26th.

Also, there are no parades at Disneyland on June 24th, so we know that Main Street will be used for the Premiere.

Enjoy the photos.:fez:

potterphreak
03-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Awesome, as usual! Thanks so much!

Squeaky
03-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Darkbeer, you're awesome!!

oohykitten
03-19-2006, 12:28 PM
What suprised me when I was there this week was the amount of OHSA safety volitions on the job site. But I am guessing that is on Turner not Disney. Also question for those that go more often, how long has the ball not worked on Indy?

SeansMom
03-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow...the Nemo project is really moving along! Thanks so much for showing the progress. A picture really is worth a million words!

BTW, the lockers...aren't they twice as expensive now? Huge, though. Are those the ones that were there before?

Imagineer In Training
03-19-2006, 02:33 PM
thanks darkbeer!! i always love your picture updates...its my connection to disneyland when i cant be there ;)

wow the sub lagoon is getting along really fast!! it appear to have changed alot since were there in december.

I CANT WAIT FOR NEMO!!!! hurray for Nemo. Hurray for new attractions. HURRAY FOR IMAGINEERS!!!

RStar
03-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I think the lockers were $4-6. So it looks like a 25% increase. But if it means a family of four can save $60 per meal, then it's still a bargain.

Also, it looks like they are expanding the indoor area of the sub ride to me. What do you think? If you look at pictures #67 & #76, you can see where it looks like they are tying into the old exit and entrance, and to the big building under the monorail track. Although the building could be a controll for all the new effects (or both). Looks like it will be a fun ride, what ever they are doing!

~Bob

Darkbeer
03-20-2006, 11:24 AM
A quick photo update.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1292511

The Main thing was that Disney was restricting the Monorail to Hotel Guests only at DtD (and they have signs ready at the Tomorrowland station) Sunday Morning.

Looks like on busy days, they will enforce the policy, especially in the morning and evening hours.

So a heads up for those who are planning to ride.

Also, Disney did release new glossy Guide to the Magic for both parks, no real changes, except Goofy's Playhouse is now listed, and the 50th CM name tags got changed.

josephfive
03-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks Darkbeer! I saw your beautiful photos and was wishing for some captions. Thanks for a wish granted.