PDA

View Full Version : Viewing fireworks from outside the Parks

zandy
03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm wondering if there is a semi-decent place from which to view the fireworks from outside the parks? Our trip is Sunday-Saturday and we won't be using the first day of our Parkhoppers til Monday. I'm really wanting to see Fantasmic on Friday night (the only opportunity to do so on this trip). Obviously we can't watch both F! and the fireworks, so I was hoping there would be a way to see the latter on Sunday. We are staying at the Candy Cane and won't have a car. Any good viewing spots out there?
Thanks in advance

chrisaustx
03-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Top floors of Holiday Inn, top Floors of the Paradise Pier Hotel, parking lot of the Red Rood Inn, Arco Gas Station Parking lot, Ball and Disney Drive, corner of Ball and Disneyland Drive, top of Mickey and Friends Parking Structure, these are all places I have seen the fireworks before.

Darkbeer
03-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm really wanting to see Fantasmic on Friday night (the only opportunity to do so on this trip). Obviously we can't watch both F! and the fireworks....

Why Not????

Just stay in the seats you had for Fantasmic! (the west end is a bit better, center is good!), right after Fantasmic! (Fantasmic! starts at 9, Remember starts at 9:25), the fireworks start, music is piped into the Rivers of America area, you can see Tinkerbell and most of the fireworks. They have a laser display on Tom Sawyer Island to match up with the one on the castle. The Rivers of America is a much better viewing area than anywhere outside the park.

darph nader
03-18-2006, 07:44 PM
It's a little low(pov). Any where across Harbor north of the crosswalk.imho.:cool:

donaldquackers
03-18-2006, 08:08 PM
When I watched them in August, the first night I watched from the parking lot of DTD. I thought they were just ordinary fireworks, as there was no sound to go with them, and I couldn't see or experience the story line. I didn't understand why everyone was raving about them. The next night we watched from the hub. It was a world of difference. I take my family to fireworks just about every weekend all summer long, and I have never in my life seen fireworks like they have for the 50th. If you have to choose only one thing, I would choose the fireworks. Fantasmic will be there the next time you come, but the 50th fireworks will be gone.

hlbtimes2
03-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Why Not????

Just stay in the seats you had for Fantasmic! (the west end is a bit better, center is good!), right after Fantasmic! (Fantasmic! starts at 9, Remember starts at 9:25), the fireworks start, music is piped into the Rivers of America area, you can see Tinkerbell and most of the fireworks. They have a laser display on Tom Sawyer Island to match up with the one on the castle. The Rivers of America is a much better viewing area than anywhere outside the park.

Wow, I didnt know that! This is the first I've heard that you can see that much from over there. I wish I would have known that last week.

Juniper
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
can you really see tink? the trees seem like they would block it.

Are the projections the same as the castle, or different like the ones on small world are not the same as the castle.

how well will I be able to see the fireworks from the disney gallery?

thanks to anyone who knows these answers!

Wendi
03-19-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm wondering if there is a semi-decent place from which to view the fireworks from outside the parks? Our trip is Sunday-Saturday and we won't be using the first day of our Parkhoppers til Monday. I'm really wanting to see Fantasmic on Friday night (the only opportunity to do so on this trip). Obviously we can't watch both F! and the fireworks, so I was hoping there would be a way to see the latter on Sunday. We are staying at the Candy Cane and won't have a car. Any good viewing spots out there?
Thanks in advance

It is not difficult to watch fireworks from the hub then make your way over to Rivers of America (and get a great spot) for the second F! There is no reason that you can't do both, it works. If we were able to do it on May 5, 2005 anyone can do it any other day... ;)

DISNEYfied
03-19-2006, 11:32 AM
It is not difficult to watch fireworks from the hub then make your way over to Rivers of America (and get a great spot) for the second F! There is no reason that you can't do both, it works. If we were able to do it on May 5, 2005 anyone can do it any other day... ;)

I'll agree to that, I was able to do that on July 17th, you should be able to do it on any other day. We were in the Hub for Remember! and we ended up sitting in the center along the Rivers of American right in front of the cabin for the 2nd F! If you want it enough, you can make it happen... hahaha. :rolleyes:

zandy
03-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. How long are the fireworks? We'll have 2 small kids with us---not sure they'll be able to deal that late in the evening. (Just seeing F! is probably pushing their limits...). Wendi, why did you say that about May 5, 2005? The Friday we're there is May 5, 2006---is there something I should know about that day?

Malcon10t
03-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. How long are the fireworks? We'll have 2 small kids with us---not sure they'll be able to deal that late in the evening. (Just seeing F! is probably pushing their limits...). Wendi, why did you say that about May 5, 2005? The Friday we're there is May 5, 2006---is there something I should know about that day?Last year May 5th was the beginning of the celebration. Huge crowd. (we were there too.) I must say the 5th and 6th of last May were the best 2 nights of the fireworks, because the crowd was die hards and it was a blast with everyone chanting alon with the fireworks.

Time - Fantasmic! is 23 minutes and fireworks are 17 minutes I believe.

Darkbeer
03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Currently, Fantasmic! is only offered twice in one day on Saturdays.

On Fridays, there is only ONE showing, at 9 PM.

So there is no time to get from the Rivers of America area to the Hub (The delay is usually only about 1 to 2 minutes).

As for seeing Tink, you can see her from most of the ROA area, she is small, but visable.

There are no projections in the ROA area, but they do offer the laser stuff.

Never seen the Fireworks from the Gallery, so I can't answer that question.

I have seen the fireworks from many places outside the park, including the Paradise Pier Pool Deck, where you get the soundtrack.

It is still a lot better at the ROA area, than outside. (Even though I still like the view from the HoJo Jacuzzi!)

Leap for Joy
03-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. How long are the fireworks? We'll have 2 small kids with us---not sure they'll be able to deal that late in the evening. (Just seeing F! is probably pushing their limits...). Wendi, why did you say that about May 5, 2005? The Friday we're there is May 5, 2006---is there something I should know about that day?
Don't worry, by that point in the trip you can have the kids conditioned to taking a long nap in the afternoon in preparation for nighttime at the parks. :)

WITron
03-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. How long are the fireworks?

The show is 17 minutes long and definately worth seeing. Fortunately when we were ther with our daughters they closed the park early and had an early shoeing of the fireworks, so they were able to see them.

Keurigirl
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Try and do both from inside the park, like the others have said. The fireworks are only ok without the music and theme to go along. If you don't have the music, (And Julie Andrews!!) in my opinion, there isn't anything special about them. It's just like another 4th of July.