PDA

View Full Version : How long is your average stay?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Viva La Disney
03-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey everybody:)

I was just wondering how long an average trip to Dlr is for you guys.

For me it's about a week. But last summer we stayed for 2 weeks! :eek: :D

kimmybear
03-18-2006, 01:23 AM

WOW! i've gone at least 10 times, and all of them have been for about three to four days... this summer i'm going the longest i've ever been in a row- four days. if i had the money i'd stay for two weeks! :D

Malcon10t
03-18-2006, 04:59 AM
WOW! i've gone at least 10 times, and all of them have been for about three to four days... this summer i'm going the longest i've ever been in a row- four days. if i had the money i'd stay for two weeks! :D
We generally go 8-10 days. Our last trip was 12 days, and we found that just a day or 2 too long. And because we prefer to stay longer, we generally stay off site, otherwise we'd be staying 3-4 nights.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Four nights in the hotel, three days in the park. :) I could see possibly doing four park days, but that'd be the limit. Maybe when the kids are older we'll attempt longer stays.

GrumpyUTboi
03-18-2006, 05:31 AM
8 days in the hotel, 6 days at the park, for our family that is just right.

tlovesdis
03-18-2006, 05:48 AM
About 4 days!

DangerMouse
03-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Since we we have been AP holders, we found that 3 days works perfectly for us. We can do everything we want in that amount of time and still feel sad to leave and have the desire to return, instead of hitting "Disney Burn Out."

hlbtimes2
03-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Usually 3-4 days. Seems like we could always use just one more day. LOL

Crazy4DL
03-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Our DL vacations have mostly been 7-10 days. We usually spend 6 days in DL/DCA and several days at some of the other parks. Airfare down is a big expense so we always want to get a bunch of days in at DL to make the most of our money. :D

Skunker
03-18-2006, 07:15 AM
We used to stay 5 days, and spend at least one somewhere else like Sea World or Universal...Last fall we spent 4 days and decided that was enough. I know it sounds sacrilegious - but we were burned out by the last day. Hubby and I decided that 4 days was definetly enough. We also drive 1000 miles to get there, so maybe that has something to do with it. In any case, I have DL fever again and am plotting our return!

GrumpyUTboi
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
We feel the same way Crazy. For us it is a 10-11 hour drive, so we want to make the most of the trip. I just wish that I would have realized that MA was on the 30th before I booked my rooms, I would have loved to done the adventure.

passthepixiedust
03-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Last year, we went for six days - went nowhere but DL ! So this year, we are driving down (to save some money) and will be staying eleven days !
We plan on trying to see some other stuff in the area this time, but frankly, I think we'd all be okay with spending eleven days straight in DL !

annieb727
03-18-2006, 08:26 AM
we haven't really had an average length of stay -- but our last trip as a family (in October) we stayed for 10 days -- and it was WONDERFUL! We went in December (just dh and I for our anniversary) and had three full days and two partial days - we could have stayed longer.

By the end of our 10 day trip, dh was ready to leave (not quite burned out, but ready to go) and I could have stayed much longer...

Enter The Mouse
03-18-2006, 08:29 AM
We usualy stay for five dats which seems perfect, until we get home. :D

IdahoMike
03-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Add me to the list of those who don't get to go all that often, thus we stay longer to get our money's worth! We will be in Anaheim from June 17-27 this time,(staying long enough for Pirates to open), but we will break up the trip with some day trips to the beach, Universal, museums, Angels game, etc... No worries about suffering Disney burnout, I truly don't think it is possible with my family!

03-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Four nights was just right.

tod
03-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Three or four hours.

But then, we live about half-an-hour away. :D

--t

Susan L
03-18-2006, 09:52 AM
We average from 7-8 nights each time we go. It takes me under two years to save so we can stay on property and do the parks each day.

Monte Cristo
03-18-2006, 09:56 AM
My wife and I live about 6 hours away, so we manage to go 2-3 times a year. We actually have three differen't catagories for our trips:

Holiday Extravaganza Trip -

5 days, 4 nights is how we plan it. This trip is our "big" trip for the year every November. We use it to kick off the holidays, which we love, thus it's our favorite time to visit DL and our longest trip. Disneyland and Christmas are virtually synonymous in our household.

Post-Holidays "Wow, I miss DL Already" Trip -

3 days. We take this two to three months after our big holiday trip.

"Quickie" Getaway Trip -

Lasts only 2 days. Usually part of a larger trip, like say to Seaworld or something. Normally taken in either September or October.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-18-2006, 10:06 AM
10 days or so normally. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Three or four hours.

But then, we live about half-an-hour away. :D

--t

Sigh...lucky dog!

MammaSilva
03-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I have to say this question has the 'before/after' type answers for me..

the last BIG trip was August of '01....9 days, Fairfield Inn, side trips to Med times and Knotts....since then the longest has been 4 days shortest ...a few hours of a day.... I'd say our 'average' ....at a hotel. 3/4 days....if we're in the area at friends, then we go for the day and we've gone 2 or 3 times in one visit in the past ....last time we were there we went 2x with a few days break in between so that little legs have a chance to recover before another long day of lots of walking.

Crazy4DL
03-18-2006, 12:09 PM
.....last time we were there we went 2x with a few days break in between so that little legs have a chance to recover before another long day of lots of walking.

I really need to start going for 2 weeks so my big legs can rest every other day and I can still get lots of days in DL!! :) ;)

sambo
03-18-2006, 12:23 PM

I stayed for two weeks last October! Average stay between 5 and 7 days.

Although any length of time I can be there is good time...

kohl
03-18-2006, 12:41 PM
We average about 6 days.
Sometimes we will go for a quick trip for 3 days, but that just isn't long enough for us.