PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland before it opens

wlc
03-17-2006, 10:52 PM
This year, when visiting DL, I actually arrived before they opened. Once on a Fri/Sat/Sun, and once on a Sun. They did a "countdown at the gates" on the Fri/Sun but never let us into Mainstreet before it opens. When do they actually let people into mainstreet early? I remember, when younger, getting into Mainstreet early.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-17-2006, 10:55 PM
When we were there a couple weeks ago, we were able to access Main Street 30 mins. prior to the park actually opening. That was during the week in what was considered to be the off season.

TowerofTerror
03-18-2006, 06:00 AM
It happens only when the park opens at 9am and then your let 30 Min's before onto main street. Hope this answer!!!!!! This goes only during off season hours. I say just check to what hours the park opens or call and ask

Malcon10t
03-18-2006, 07:13 AM
It happens only when the park opens at 9am and then your let 30 Min's before onto main street. Hope this answer!!!!!! This goes only during off season hours. I say just check to what hours the park opens or call and ask
When the park opened at 8, we were let in at 730am. This was during last summer.

Larilyn
03-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I was there two weeks ago on a Wednesday morning when they opened at 10am, and they let everyone onto Main Street early.

Imagineer In Training
03-18-2006, 01:22 PM
i was under the impression that on days where high crowds were expected that they started letting people in 1/2 early so as to kep the plaza somewhat cleared with people.....did i have this backwards?

dsnydon
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok here's the way it works and I've worked the Main Gate for 12 years, when the Park opens at 0900 or later you will let in to Main Street between 30 and 45 mins. before the Park opens. On days when we open at 0800 the Park is opened straight through, if we think it might be very busy that morning we might let on Main Street but that is not the norm. There is no Early Entrance on Sun, Wed, or Fri, so everyone goes in at the same time. On mornings when we have an Early Entrance with an 0900 or later Park opening the non Early Entrance guest will be let on Main Street like any other day. Guest that have an Early Entrance ticket will be allowed to past the rope at the end of Main Street.
I hope that cleared somethings for you.

BQ2
03-19-2006, 05:26 AM
We always go off season, when the park opens at 10:00. They almost always have the countdown at 9:30 and the rope drop at 10:00. :)

BQ2

ralfrick
03-19-2006, 11:48 AM
If you want short lines for maximum attractions, you do NOT want them to open Main St. early. It's the difference between people being filtered into the park gradually or a big mob descending en masse at the most popular rides. Same trip, on 2 days we got an Indy FP first, then rode Peter Pan. One day we were let onto Main St. early, one day not. The difference in the wait at PP was 20 minutes vs 1-2 minutes. Obviously the fact that more will be there for a 9 AM opening as opposed to an 8 AM figures in as well.

Cheers.

zandy
03-20-2006, 01:22 PM
We will be there on a Monday and plan to use our EE then. It's also my son's birthday, and we'd like to get him the birthday sticker at City Hall when we get in. So my question is, will we be able to do that when we're let in for EE, or will we need to come back to City Hall after official opening time? The park opens at 9:00 that day.