PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for the experts

hickorydickory
03-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I am trying to plan a trip for this fall, maybe novemberish. My husband needs to book time off work far in advance so I am trying to get a jump on it.

OK so here are a few questions....

When does the Christmas stuff go up?

What is the snow made of (I have allergies to corn,wheat and potatoes wich snow is often made of and it might cause some REALLY big problems)

Does the snow fall on you?

Are there hotels or any other places that offer Firefighter discounts (they do at some here)

What is new since spring 2005?

How far in advance can I find out about attraction closures?Where can I find out?

I think that is all for now...Thanks in advance!

MsYumiBr
03-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Snow is made of soap bubbles sort of like the kind you blow bubbles with. If you don't want the snow to fall on you, you can stay away from the areas on the map that show where the snow will be dispensed. lol.

The only new thing I can think of is Monster's Inc. and the finally reopened Space Mountain. Oh, yeah, and Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. Also Turtle Talk with Crush is a new one. Snow White will be back this summer. Also the Electric Parade. They are refurbishing Pirates and adding a couple of characters to it.

I have no idea about firefighter discounts.

You can see what rides are closed on the Disney website although if you keep reading the boards, you'll probably see the progression of things better than the website which is not always 100% accurate. You can also call the park. You can usually see the schedule about a week in advance as far as show times, etc. I hope this helps.

Malcon10t
03-17-2006, 07:46 PM
The Christmas decorations go up starting late late October thru mid November, so everything is up by Thanksgiving.

As for the Firefighter discout, ask the area hotels if they offer a government rate, then show the municipalties ID. But, often the rate is the same as AAA or Entertainment rates.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
When does the Christmas stuff go up? In years past, you could count on them being up, meaning iasw holiday open, the first Friday in November. But last year they pushed that to the 2nd Friday, along with the fireworks with snow, so I would plan to be there that second weekend, or there after, to be sure to get to see both of those.

What is the snow made of (I have allergies to corn,wheat and potatoes wich snow is often made of and it might cause some REALLY big problems)
It is my understanding that it is soap bubbles. There really isn't enough to worry about, not like you will be eating it. You can stand away from the direct lines of it falling if you have concerns

Does the snow fall on you?It can. See above answer

Are there hotels or any other places that offer Firefighter discounts (they do at some here)
I would check with HoJo's. I know they give a good airline employee rate
What is new since spring 2005?
The biggest thing would be Monsters Inc.

How far in advance can I find out about attraction closures?Where can I find out?
My favorite place to find out is www.riderefurbs.com They seem to know before Disney does

awinner
03-18-2006, 12:56 AM
http://www.mouseplanet.com/kkrock/dockrock-6.htm <----- here is a article of how the snow is made and what it is made of.

GrumpyUTboi
03-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Great article

hickorydickory
03-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks everyone that was exactly what I needed!

Bubble snow is great! I was worried if it was made of starches (corn) like the stuff in films that if I inhaled it I would have a nasty athsma attack....don't want to leave the park on a stretcher.

I actually will plan our trip on IASW being open. I have a 3 year old and last time we went the CM's just let us stay on it and go around and around and around! She is really looking forward to seeing that and the trip just wouldn't be the same without it.

Thanks again