PDA

View Full Version : Double Deck Buses

ksejr1
04-13-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi
I'm going to disneyland tonight, and I was just wondering if anyone knows about the Double Deck Buses on the ground floor of the parking structure. I see them there all the time, but are never in use. I would really like to know because I would like to ride them. They have California Adventure painted on the side. Does anyone know anything about this??

tiggergrl

Rallymonkey23
04-13-2002, 11:05 AM
I believe they use them busses durring busy times to transport guest back and forth from Downtown Disney to the parking lot.
They usually start running them around 5:00PM for the nightlife.:D
If you really want to ride a double decker bus.... you can inside Disneyland. But I'm sure you already know that.;)

fredc
04-13-2002, 11:12 AM
The double deck buses were being used to transport visitors from the parking structure to Downtown Disney and the Paradise Pier Hotel. After 9/11/2001 Security closed the road they used. They will never return in that capacity so they are in storage. You can find the road they used West of the ESPN zone and you can see the barricades at both ends of that road.

ksejr1
04-13-2002, 11:29 AM
I was just wondering because even since I first saw them which was when DCA opened, I've never ever, seen them be used. Anyways, thanks for the replies

Uncle Dick
04-14-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by fredc
The double deck buses were being used to transport visitors from the parking structure to Downtown Disney and the Paradise Pier Hotel. After 9/11/2001 Security closed the road they used. They will never return in that capacity so they are in storage. You can find the road they used West of the ESPN zone and you can see the barricades at both ends of that road.
The Jitneys (as they're called) were indeed shut down due to security concerns after Sept. 11 and when they'll be back is anybody's guess, if they ever return. Fortunately, they are being put to good use as roadblocks. You can see one underneath the Monorail track just off of Harbor blocking traffic from Harbor Point. The other is backstage somewhere blocking another road.