PDA

View Full Version : First week of June crowds?

Skunker
03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
How busy does everyone thing the first week or two of June will be this year? I think it's *typically* a little less busy than the rest of summer right?

Chadsgal
03-17-2006, 09:53 AM
I think it's pretty crowded. Anything after Memorial day is pretty busy. We've gone on the first week of June for the past three trips. Our lines this last year were 20 min plus. One day SM got to 125min!!! :eek:

Pascomom
03-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I would have thought these dates not to be particularly over crowded because it's after the spring break times and before the heavy summer crowds. But I could be just wishful thinking since I WILL be on of the crowd causers the first week of June. :rolleyes:

snoopyfan
03-17-2006, 11:38 AM
My family (and some friends of ours) have gone the day after Memorial day and stayed 5 days and it was great. The weather is wonderful and the crowds didn't get bad until Saturday. That's been our experience and that's my favorite time to go! Also, not much is closed for refurbishment. Good luck!

MsYumiBr
03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
First week of June will be better than the last two weeks of June, especially the weekdays. Kids here will be doing their end of year celebrations at school such as soccer parties, etc. However, it will still be busy but nothing like July 4.

Skunker
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
I am thinking it might be less busy this year due to the big Pirates premiere (rumor) to be opening June 24th. Do you think many of the locals will wait to go until after that date?

emd2611
03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
In early June you can expect a lot of 6th and 8th grade kids. Many schools use this as a "Grad Day" sort of event. Some of the kids can get out of hand too. However, they tend to stick to the e-ticket type rides and the other attractions are not too busy. They go home late in the afternoon, but then it tends to stay about as busy as the AP's come in the late afternoon and evening.