PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort President Addresses CSUF Students

chrisaustx
03-17-2006, 12:43 AM
:cool: The President of the DLR spoke at Cal State Fullerton on Wednesday.
Mr. Ouimet spoke at Cal State Fullerton on Wednesday, he stated the DLR now has a yearly income of 3.6 Billion! I am sure the UFCW union reps are very distressed by this admission. I thought the 50th celebration was brining in the cash, but I had no idea.
Well here is the link to the article from the Cal State Fullerton Newspaper:

http://www.dailytitan.com/media/paper861/news/2006/03/16/News/Disneyland.Resort.President.Addresses.Csuf.Student s-1688612.shtml?norewrite200603161013&sourcedomain=www.dailytitan.com

tod
03-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Mr. Ouimet spoke at Cal State Fullerton on Wednesday, he stated the DLR now has a yearly income of 3.6 Billion! I am sure the UFCW union reps are very distressed by this admission. I thought the 50th celebration was brining in the cash, but I had no idea.

He said that DLR generates $3.6 billion a year. That includes motel room rentals in the area, Big Macs at the McDonald's at 1500 Harbor, parking tickets, the 10% room tax for the City of Anaheim, and maybe the money given to panhandlers in front of the 7-Eleven at Harbor and Katella.

DLR doesn't make all that money itself. DLR draws that much money to the area.

--t

chrisaustx
03-17-2006, 10:59 AM
You are mistaken, when I first read the article, I thought the same thing as you, but Mr. Ouimet states the Disneyland Resort, not the Anaheim Resort District. It is true that the Disneyland Resort does have 20,000 employees, this is the number I got from the Walt Disney Company Annual Shareholder report. So yes, he really is saying Disneyland brought in 3.6 billion, with the Anaheim Resort figures added to that number, it might be as high as 4.6 billion and 30,000 employees. I know the property value of the Disneyland Resort is 1 billion, so the 3.6 billion number is very impressive.