PDA

View Full Version : Parks?

Disney Daddy of 4
03-16-2006, 06:44 PM
I have always been a huge fan of Disneyland and infact I think it is the greatest of all parks. I am curious if the rides that are at Disneyland as well as other parks are different. Any insight would be great.

bassett1976
03-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Most of the rides that are found in two parks are quite different.

Example: Buzz Lightyear is different by the fact that the WDW version has the "guns" attached to the car and the DL version is removable. DL also has different types of targets (circles, diamonds, triangles). DL is also an online attraction and players at home can help light up targets for point bonuses.

Haunted Mansion at DL is longer and has more show elements. The WDW version tends to put show elements together in the same place.

Pirates is MUCH longer at DL and the WDW version does not have the boats travel up the waterfall with passengers.

Splash at DL is great but the WDW version is longer and has more show elements and more back stories.

Peter at DL is a classic but I feel that WDW version is longer and it also tells more of a story. I like the fact that the WDW version you fly out of the window and gradually gain "altitude" where at DL your out the window and down the street your already flying as high as a 747.

Jungle Cruise at DL has been cut down in size for Indy. SO the WDW version is a lot longer and also has a tunnel that you go into. Most of the same elements from DL are in WDW with a few extra ones at WDW.

Okay, I'm done now. More people can add their points.

Disney Daddy of 4
03-16-2006, 07:07 PM
What about Paris, Tokyo, etc?

SandraVB79
03-17-2006, 02:53 AM
Peter Pan, Pinocchio and Snow White are pretty much the same at DLP as in DL, although at DLP, on the Snow White ride, you have Snow White + Prince waving at you (and Snow White just doesn't look like Snow White. How hard can it be to have an AA look like the real princess?? :confused: )

BTMRR at DLP takes place on an island, so you first go UNDER there ROA in the dark, have th ride on the isle, and then go back under the water to the unboarding area.

Space at DLP used to be Jules Verne themed, now with mission 2, only the canon and the outside is Jules Verne themed. The major difference: it has loops.

Indy: no comparison possible between DL and DLP; the Dlp one $uck$, the DL one is the best ride ever!

Phantom Manor: I prefer it over the Haunted Mansion. IMO, it's just better. Check doombuggies.com for this one!

Castle: the DLP one looks more like a fairy-tale castle, it's surrounded by square trees, like in the movie, and it has a Dragon!!!!!! He's so cute :D

Dumbo: they are both flying elephants, what do you want me to tell more about? Both parks have their version of the Astro orbitor (or however it's called), and it's pretty much the same (aka Dumbo in rocket-disguise(sp?))

Casey Jr: at DL, you need a CM to drive it, and it "stinks", does it run on gas or what??? At DLP, it's a mini rollercoaster, no CM needed to drive it, it doesn't stink.

Storybookland Canal Boats: at DL, you have a CM "driving" the boat and you get a story. At DLP, the boats are like in iasm, you don't get a story, but you get a much prettier castle (the Beast's). IMO, the scenes are prettier (and you get Chernabog), more detailed and they have some characters in theme (like the witch, Belle, ...)

Small World: Boats through dolls who sing a song you can never forget. At DLP, there is a USA-section though! It has a cowboy next to a Hidden Mickey-cactus, you have corn/ hay/ farm scene, New York, Hollywood, Golden Gate bridge/ ...

Star Tours: same ride, at DLP you don't have the America Sings goose :)

HISTA: same movie, but dubbed in French at DLP.

Probably I'll think about some more.

jdee
03-17-2006, 07:24 AM
What about Paris, Tokyo, etc?

It's been a few years since I've been to DL Paris, but Thunder Mountian is neat. You are in line get on the train, then it goes underground to the mountian, it looks like it's on an island. In tomorrowland there's was a ride that had a loop and twist to it, I don't quite remember, and Indy was also a roller coaster ride.

Disney Daddy of 4
03-19-2006, 06:43 AM
I have heard that the Castle in Paris still has the walk through. Is that true? What things are better at DL?

SandraVB79
03-20-2006, 12:21 AM
I have heard that the Castle in Paris still has the walk through. Is that true? What things are better at DL?

Indeed, the castle still has the walk true, with stained glass, tapistries, and a beautiful fountain. I have some pictures, I should look them up, and put them online!
When you go outside on the second floor, you get a great view of Fantasyland's roofs, and the fireworks launch areas (at that time they still did the fireworks).

The things that are better in DL, compared to DLP?
- Jungle Cruise
- New Orleans Square. I like that jazzy feeling, too bad they don't have that at DLP.
- The Disney Gallery
- Fantasmic!
- Splash Mountain, though I wouldn't feel comfortable going on such a ride at DLP. (And yes, many European theme parks have log rides, but they are not open during the winter time!!!)
- Matterhorn (and Mickey climbing it)
- The fact that DL still has some "specialized stores". On Main Street, there is a watch store, a music store, ... AT DLP, it all seems to be one big store, and everywhere they sell the same stuff. They have tried to have a collectibles store, a photoshop, and a "Disney at home" store, but still, they continue to sell items you could buy everywhere else in the park.