PDA

View Full Version : Does AAA still offer unlimited fastpass?

splash
03-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether you could still get unlimited fastpasses with DL resort vacation package? The AAA site doesn't mention it and I haven't called to check.

Darkbeer
03-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes they do, it is part of the 2006 materials given to AAA by Walt Disney Travel.

You must stay at one of the three Disney owned Hotels to get it though.

kimmybear
03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
on the topic of unlimited fastpass, is it really unlimited, like as many as you can collect or is there a cap on the number? and do the disconnected fastpass rides (what are they anyway?) count?

Malcon10t
03-16-2006, 05:57 PM
on the topic of unlimited fastpass, is it really unlimited, like as many as you can collect or is there a cap on the number? and do the disconnected fastpass rides (what are they anyway?) count?You can hold one fastpass on each ride it is available. Once its time has expired, you can collect another one.

Pat-n-Eil
03-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Though this has been covered, I think it is important to put all of the info out.. It is my mission in life ;)

AAA Enhanced FastPasses allow you to obtain a FastPass for every attraction that offers the FastPass at the same time.

For Instance: You can go to Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours*, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad*, Haunted Mansion*, Splash Mountain, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin + DCA: Grizzly River Run, Soarin' Over California, Tower of Terror and California Screamin' and obtain all of those FastPasses at the same time.

* FastPasses sometimes not available during off season or light crowd days.

The difference with this Enhanced FastPass and the regular type available to all passport holders is the original FastPass requires that you wait for either the return time or 2 hours (whichever is first) before you can obtain a 2nd Fastpass.

There are limitations: You can't just get as many fastpasses as you want for a given attraction.. Like Space Mountain. Once you've obtained a FastPass for Space Mountain, you must now wait until the return time on your FastPass to obtain another one for that attraction. (I'm not confident about the 2 hour rule for a single ride, however).

And as the previous poster said, they are only obtainable under the following circumstances:

• You book your vacation through AAA
• Stay a minimum 2 nights at a Disney Property (GCH, DLS or PP) and
• Purchase your park passports at that same time with your rooms.

I've always been a big advocate of the enhanced FastPass, but this last trip on March 1st, we had no need to use them.. the normal FastPass system was more than adequate - I think we only used 2 FastPasses the whole trip because the standby lines were just as short.

kimmybear
03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
great info from all!

I've always been a big advocate of the enhanced FastPass, but this last trip on March 1st, we had no need to use them.. the normal FastPass system was more than adequate - I think we only used 2 FastPasses the whole trip because the standby lines were just as short.

part of the reason i booked with AAA and stayed at a disney hotel was to get the enhanced fastpass- i have a feeling i'm going to need it in late june, esp the day of the POTC premiere!

Disney Vault
03-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I love the enhanced fastpass. I wouldn't go to DL without booking through AAA as long as they keep this up.

twist1980
03-17-2006, 05:34 PM
I love the enhanced fastpass. I wouldn't go to DL without booking through AAA as long as they keep this up.

Me neither. We are going at the end of June and have decided to spend $400 more to stay at PPH (vs. HoJo), just for the enhanced fastpass. It makes such a difference!

barely
03-18-2006, 11:12 AM
We'll be at DL Sept. 9-13th(Sun-Wed). Would enhanced fastpass be worth the extra money at that time? Or would we do okay using regular fastpass?We currently are booked at HoJo's.

Darkbeer
03-18-2006, 11:27 AM
We'll be at DL Sept. 9-13th(Sun-Wed). Would enhanced fastpass be worth the extra money at that time? Or would we do okay using regular fastpass?We currently are booked at HoJo's.

You are showing up at a slow time, so I wouldn't spend the extra money. Some of the rides that usually offer FP's will not offer FP Monday thru Wednesday.

Just read up on the FP strategys for the regular folks here...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43193

barely
03-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Darkbeer...you're the best! And your photos are AWESOME!