PDA

View Full Version : What is Turtle Talk with Crush?

dlandnut
03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I've seen this on a few different threads. What is it...someone please describe and give a few details. Thanks! :)

Opus1guy
03-16-2006, 01:25 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/entertainment/detail?name=TurtleTalkEntertainmentPage

It's a small theater setting with an area for tykes to sit on the floor up by the screen...ah...I mean...glass. A computer animated Crush interacts with the audience (kids and adults). About 15 minutes. Lots of fun.

Funny thing about the Disneyland.com web site. While there is the above link to Turtle Talk on the main California Adventure page...it's not listed in the Attractions listing. Not even on the Animation Exhibit page! What's up with that?

Darkbeer
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Turtle Talk with Crush is located at the Disney's Animation attraction in the Hollywood Backlot Area of DCA.

You basically are seated in a small movie theater, though kids are invited to sit on the floor in front of the screen.

Once everyone is seated, Crush comes out on the movie screen and says hello. The voice is performed live, and Crush will answer questions and interacts with the audience. The video is basically a window into the Pacific Ocean, and the animated Crush will swim in the water, along with some other fish.

Basically you are watching a "live" cartoon.

JookyG
03-16-2006, 01:35 PM
And it rocks!!! When I saw it in December, the voice talent was superb, and the animation was incredible. I don't have kids and usually avoid the tot activities, but I will make this a regular stop on my visits in the future. Definitely worth a viewing.

snoopyfan
03-17-2006, 11:41 AM
It's great!! My friend and I went without kids to check it out and we loved it! Really cool!

cfrith
03-17-2006, 12:29 PM
I thought by the pictures I've seen that it was some kind of animatronic thing swimming in real water...maybe that's not even possible...but that's what the pictures I've seen looked like to me. I thought it was like an aquarium. Does it look pretty much like that in real life even though it's a video?

potzbie
03-17-2006, 01:10 PM
I thought it was like an aquarium. Does it look pretty much like that in real life even though it's a video?

Yes.
The hydrophone and the seaweeds swing slowly, like the currents are gently pushing them.
You can see the sunlight rays ripple in the water.
It looks like the underwater displays at the water parks at MONTEREY, CA or SAN DIEGO, CA or LONG BEACH, CA.
It gives the appearance of being 50 feet (say, 17 meters) under the surface.

Crush taps the glass with his front fin, and you can hear the bass-like thud.

As Crush approaches, and as Crush leaves, you can hear his voice grow or diminish per his distance from the hydrophone.

When the whale makes an appearance, Dory is pressed up against the glass, and looks squished. (The whale sequence has not been seen by me for a long time, so DCA may have dropped that sequence.)