PDA

View Full Version : priceline

rosie
03-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Hello!
My daughter and I would like to use Priceline to bid on a 3 star hotel for Disneyland-our only concern is we need Transportation to the parks as we won't be driving. Does anyone know if all the 3 star hotels in the Aneheim area provide transport? A fee for this service is ok. I asked Priceline but they couldn't help. Thanks so much
Rosie:)

cfrith
03-16-2006, 09:02 AM
go to www.biddingfortravel.com and go to Disneyland/OC hotels, then click on the Disneyland/OC hotel list- I think most of them do, but you can see which 3* hotels are usually gotten through priceline and look at those hotels websites about transportation. Good luck!

This is usually what we do but this year we are splurging and staying at the DLH for the first time!

Juniper
03-16-2006, 09:59 AM
When are you going? We will be there the 10-15 of April, and had a kind of hard time using priceline this time because the hotels are getting busy fast! We've used priceline 8 times for Disneyland now, and my two favorites that we had gotten were the 3* Hyatt, it has a shuttle, but a $12 per day parking fee. we got it for $35 per night.

The other is the Extended Stay America, it's only a 1*, but very clean and it has a micro, full size fridge, stove top, pool, and we got it for this trip for $33

Since we didn't want to pay the parking for the Hyatt, and they don't have kitchenettes we feel we get more out of ex. stay rooms. Although the Hyatt does have 2 pools and 2 hot tubs.

however, you are never sure which hotel you will get, so it is a little hard. We have found a lot of 3* hotels charge a good sized parking fee, my theory is they are right by the convention center and a lot of business people have a business credit card to put things on that they don't pay for themselves, so they don't care about the fees, and paying a lot for the on site restaurant, but the lower stars are kitchenettes, or offer free little breakfasts since they are for the tourists more.

rosie
03-16-2006, 10:03 AM
We're not going until December ( I know-I can't wait). We went last October to Disneyworld-But I've not yet been to California.

momuvseven
03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Just don't bid below a 3*. I made that mistake and I am stuck with a room for a week and I can't use it or get it changed/refunded.

momuvseven

Juniper
03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
momuvseven-why can't you use the room?

daisy4me
03-16-2006, 08:12 PM
What the heck is priceline and what do you bid on???:confused: Are you saying you got a hotel room by DL for $33 a night? How do you do that? Let me in on this cool thing....:)

Wendi
03-16-2006, 08:49 PM
You will almost definitely get the Hyatt Regency which is pretty nice. They share a shuttle (actually a large tour bus) with one other hotel and it's free. There is also a Target across the street which is quite convenient. I think there is one other hotel that you might get, it's a suite hotel, maybe Embassy Suites??? Can't remember, and I don't know for sure if they have a shuttle, but if they don't there is always ART which is a small fee and would be completely worth it - especially when you're getting such a good rate on the hotel.

Juniper
03-16-2006, 09:14 PM
What the heck is priceline and what do you bid on???:confused: Are you saying you got a hotel room by DL for $33 a night? How do you do that? Let me in on this cool thing....:)

priceline is a website where you can get hotels and air fare, and you can choose from their lists, or name your own price, which is what I do and we have gotten the 3* Hyatt a few times for 33-45 per night. we just got the Extended Stay kitchenette for 33 during spring break.

like the other poster said www.biddingfortravel.com will have a lot more info, they explain how bidding working, and how to get the most bids so you can lowball first, then go up.

Also, while we have always gotten the Hyatt when we have bid, there are a dozen or so eligible hotels that have been reported to bidding for travel as hotels people got, so don't bid real high thinking you are for sure getting a specific hotel.