PDA

View Full Version : Best Time to visit DLR

jrmichelbook
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
It has been about four years since my last visit, and typically I try to go the week before memorial day weekend or the week after labor day weekend. My question to the Disney expert masses is when is the best time to go that meets the following criteriad:

1. Must be able to see Fantasmic
2. Must be able to see the Fireworks show
3. Minimal amount of rides must not be in rehab

My gut feeling is a Thursday through Monday visit durning the forementioned weeks.

Any help would be appreciated!!

markarkaymat
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
It has been about four years since my last visit, and typically I try to go the week before memorial day weekend or the week after labor day weekend. My question to the Disney expert masses is when is the best time to go that meets the following criteriad:

1. Must be able to see Fantasmic
2. Must be able to see the Fireworks show
3. Minimal amount of rides must not be in rehab

My gut feeling is a Thursday through Monday visit durning the forementioned weeks.

Any help would be appreciated!!
I am no expert but I did go last Sept (13th-20th or something, definitely from the 13th though). We were able to see both Fantasmic! and Remember. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to see the Electric light parade or Snow White (we even managed to miss Aladdin but that was going at a 15 month old's pace). The only ride I remember being in rehab was Haunted Mansion (and California Screamin' but that was because of the accident). Others might have been down but we didn't know it. The crowds were great! Weather was nice (a little chilly but anything below 70 is cold for me).

Monte Cristo
03-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Apolgies if I misread your post as to whether you're locked into times. If not, here goes:

Absolute BEST time in my estimation to visit is mid-November. The holiday decorations are up, most of the rides are operating, and the crowds are low. Couldn't ask for a better combination.

Susan L
03-15-2006, 03:08 PM
We like the off season. Feburary, October or, as Monte Cristo said November. Just avoid Thanksgiving week in Nov.

jrmichelbook
03-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not locked into any time frames. I would like as much benifit of rides/attractions being open in the on season, but experience them in the off season.

Keurigirl
03-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Definitely a mid-week visit. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are the slowest days historically. Monday's usually aren't too bad, so you might start with that. Weekends are busy.

Pat-n-Eil
03-15-2006, 03:55 PM
We went March 1st to 4th (Wednesday to Saturday) and it was great. We had a little rain on the Friday Morning is all. Friday night we were able to see the fireworks from our Hotel Balcony. The crowds were light and getting on any attraction you wanted was almost walk on or minimal wait. I'm defnitely going plan a March 1st type of mid-week to the weekend trip again in the future. We had the ability for the enhanced FastPasses and we never needed one.. enhanced or otherwise.

Monte Cristo
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm not locked into any time frames. I would like as much benifit of rides/attractions being open in the on season, but experience them in the off season.

Then I would again strongly advise looking into mid-November. The week of the 13th is probably ideal (in fact, that's the week my family is going ;) ).