PDA

View Full Version : Del Sol Inn in Anaheim

tmptink
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I am staying at Del Sol Inn when I go to Disneyland in May and it is the first time I am staying there. I was wondering what opinions people have on the hotel.

Malcon10t
03-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I am staying at Del Sol Inn when I go to Disneyland in May and it is the first time I am staying there. I was wondering what opinions people have on the hotel.I won't stay there again. The walls were thin (not kidding, we could have a conversation with the people in the next room without raising our voices) the bathroom needed cleaning, hot water was difficult to come by, and the room was musty. We made a family decision, never again.

T-RAT
03-16-2006, 06:08 AM
We've stayed there on three different occasions, two of them were fine, but one wasn't as good. I thought I would never stay again, but when I found rates for $50 a night we gave in. We never had problems with hot water, but the walls are thin! Some rooms are musty and some are not. We never had a musty room, but my sister did (although it didn't bother her at all). We did have the handicapped room one time and it had plastic on the beds which made it really hard to get a good nights sleep. The other rooms we had didn't have the plastic. The walk is really close, it has a good size fridge and a microwave. I would say it all depends on you budget and the price you're able to get. From reading a lot of reviews, it seems like there are always at least a few bad ones for every hotel. We stayed at the Park Inn, and had plastic on the beds, the carpet had wrinkles in it, and it just seemed really old, but other people seem to really love it, mabye we just got bad rooms? Anyways, If I wasn't getting a really great rate, I would probably try one of the other hotels in the same area.

DianeM
03-16-2006, 06:28 AM
My mother made reservations there the last time we stayed, and I was a bit nervous after reading some comments about the walls being thin (we were in adjoining rooms with my mother and nephew). Things were fine, though. The only noises that woke me were some kids running along the balcony before DL opened (why do parents allow that! I've had it happen even at more expensive hotels). The beds were the most comfortable I've slept in in a hotel. The room we stayed in (at the back, top floor) was quiet and clean and comfortable. No fancy cable or movies piped in, but a working television.

On the down side, they were very cheap. We got free coffee for the pot, but had to pick it up at the front desk. I've never had that problem before. And things were missing from the room, like a plastic liner for the trash can and a "Do Not Disturb" sign. The hot tub smelled funny to me, but I'm really sensitive to chemical smells. Neither my mother or husband noticed anything. Also, the parking is VERY limited. We were afraid to move the car anywhere for fear we would get stuck parking in the Denny's lot. They said it was okay to park in the Denny's lot, but not to leave the car there indefinitely. One time we had to park in the Denny's lot, and spend the next few hours looking out the window to see when a spot opened up. Overall, it wasn't bad. If you tend to park your car and leave it, you're okay with that. I'm considering staying there again this fall. It's very close to the park, and very inexpensive, which is a hard combination to find. If they raise their prices, I wouldn't consider staying there.

I am staying at Del Sol Inn when I go to Disneyland in May and it is the first time I am staying there. I was wondering what opinions people have on the hotel.

tmptink
03-16-2006, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=DianeM] The only noises that woke me were some kids running along the balcony before DL opened (why do parents allow that! I've had it happen even at more expensive hotels).

I don't understand that either why parents let there kids do that. We stayed at Desert Inn next door to the Del Sol and at 12:30 am kids were running up and down the halls screaming and laughing.

Headdie
03-19-2006, 09:45 AM
We just stayed at the Del Sol last weekend for 4 nights and had no problems. We were able to get a parking space no problem. The rooms were comfortable. Having the larger fridge and microwave were great since we brought our own food. Yes, the walls were a bit thin but once it got late and dark, we never head any noises, only when we were awake. The location was excellent. Our room was located on the first floor, in the back behind the pool. No extra people traffic to distrub us.

Incidentally, my mom is presently at the BW Anaheim Inn next door, which she says is nice too, but she did comment on people driving through the parking lot with their radios going and that disturbing them. That is not something which will happen at the Del Sol due to the parking lot arrangement.

LoveDL
03-19-2006, 06:33 PM
We stayed at the Del Sol last October, on the 2nd floor, way in the back behind the pool. There are 6 of us, so we had the "family suite", basically just 2 connecting rooms, so we had 2 bathrooms, 4 queen beds, 2 TV's, 2 microwaves and 2 fridges. The rooms are bigger than the average motel rooms that I have stayed in, which was very nice with 4 kids! The rooms were nicely painted and beds comfortable, just expect an average motel room and you won't be dissappointed. It was very cool to stay so close to DL! We will definetly stay there in the future.
:)