PDA

View Full Version : Best [John Wayne] airport transportation?

kimmybear
03-14-2006, 11:31 AM
i'm flying into SNA (John Wayne) about 12 miles away from Disneyland with 6 people and i was wondering what is the best way to get to the hotel. would it be cheaper to go for a shuttle or taxi? i've also heard that shared shuttles take forever. any suggestions or experiences that might be helpful?

03-14-2006, 11:47 AM
We did SuperShuttle and it was just great, both ways.

lbrackjo
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Taxi van is $35 each way. That'd be what I'd do.

yellowrosedtxn
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Last year we had a limo come pick us up and take us back to the John Wayne airport. There were 5 people, it cost us 10.00 per person. We tipped him pretty generously though. I would think you could go that route if you wanted too. Mind you, this is just a suggestion and it is really fun because it is only your party that is there, and they take you directly from the airport to the hotel. Let me know if you want to know more.

SANDYMARIE
03-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Last year we had a limo come pick us up and take us back to the John Wayne airport. There were 5 people, it cost us 10.00 per person. We tipped him pretty generously though. I would think you could go that route if you wanted too. Mind you, this is just a suggestion and it is really fun because it is only your party that is there, and they take you directly from the airport to the hotel. Let me know if you want to know more.

Cool avatar!

Darkbeer
03-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Another vote for the taxi, when you get to the dispatch area at John Wayne, just ask the Dispatcher (Airport employee) that you want a Taxi Van, and one will be brought up to you.

On the way back, just call the taxi service (or go thru the Bell/Front Desk) and request a van, and what time you want them at the hotel.

SandraVB79
03-15-2006, 01:54 AM
I used Supershuttle and the other one, forgot the name. Anyway, the red vans and the blue vans, and I liked the red ones just a little more. I didn't feel it took forever, and one time, it was even just me in the van.

Look up all possibilities, calculate the price for your group, and then decide based upon that combined with comfortable-level.

yellowrosedtxn
03-15-2006, 03:35 AM
Cool avatar!

Thank you!

nvmom
03-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Another vote for the limo... or my fav limo guy also does standard transportation: van or SUV. Worth the extra $5-10 to have him pull right up to the curb and go straight to your hotel. PM me if you want specific info.

nvmom

Susan L
03-15-2006, 01:57 PM
We prefer to rent a car but, if I didn't do that it would be a taxi for us.

Quinten27
03-15-2006, 01:59 PM
While we're on the subject........

Does anyone know what a taxi would typically cost from LAX to disneyland?

sleepyjeff
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Count yet another vote for Taxi....especially if your group is 3 - 5 people.

:)

Darkbeer
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
While we're on the subject........

Does anyone know what a taxi would typically cost from LAX to disneyland?

In light traffic, about $80, but usually around $100, if not more...

The Disneyland Express Bus is a good deal from LAX...

You can find the schedule, prices, and a discount coupon here...

www.airportbus.com (http://www.airportbus.com)

GrumpyUTboi
03-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Rental car is the best airport transportation. That way you are not stuck at the mercy of the over priced restaurants next to DL.

texas minnie
05-12-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm sure this is answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it...
We're flying into Orange County and not renting a car. What's the best way to get to the Disneyland resort? Cab? Is there a shuttle? Costs?
Thanks so much!!!

12 more days!!!

texas minnie
05-12-2006, 05:59 AM
We have 2 adults and 2 kids. What would be the cost of a regular taxi from John Wayne Airport to Disney?

Darkbeer
05-12-2006, 06:14 AM
A cab is about $35 plus tip from either John Wayne or Long Beach Airports.

Ask for the Flat Rate.

momuvseven
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't dream of doing anything but renting a car. Get the best deal you can and enjoy your freedom. It really is not hard to get around Anaheim and most of the time the freeways are OK.

twist1980
05-12-2006, 03:04 PM
If you decide to do a shuttle service, do not use Airport Bus! They are huge buses and they carry a lot of people! What that means is you make a lot of stops!!

I've used Super Shuttle for my last few trips from SNA to Anaheim. It is like $12 pp, but with only two people it ends up being cheaper than a taxi or a limo. They only seat around eight people and I've always been lucky enough to be the first one dropped off! I've had nothing but good experiences with them!

CamCay
05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
First time we did SuperShuttle (blue van), stopped at three hotels before our stop at Disneyland hotel, $10 per person (six of us) and seemed like forever. the second time we asked the guys on the curb at the taxi area how much to DLH, they told us approx. $35 (and we got a van for all six of us) and when we got there it was $37!! I will taxi every time from now on, just confirm how much first before you pile in!

TripleTrouble
05-12-2006, 03:42 PM
I just booked a private 7 person van through Supershuttle for $50 each way plus tip to pick us up at John Wayne. They don't always offer it so you have to ask for it. You can get info on their website and book through there or call them directly. Last time my friend and I used Primetime and they were late both ways.