PDA

View Full Version : Questions for April Trip

Dedwards
03-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Ok I have the trip planned and booked and reserved for April 9th thru 14th I know very busy spring break but crowds don't bother me at all I become the happiest father on earth while at Disneyland. We have not been since 2000( at the Fairfield inn) and DCA was not even open yet.

We are going to stay onsite a first for us at the DLH. We have three kids DD 13 DS 12 and DS 6 months when we go.

Her are my questions.

1. Do hotel guest get early entry each day?

2. Do you have to go to main gate for early entry or can
you get in on the monorail entrance for early entry?
3. The room service in the room, which place does that come from?
We plan to do this our first night while we unpack and get comfortable.
4. Is the reserved sitting for Fantasmic worth it?
5. When you book thru the Disneyland it says you get preferred sitting
at shows in DCA what does this mean and I do I get a pass or do I
need to make reservations like at the resteraunts?
6. I am bringing a stroller for the baby also I have a Bjorn carrier for
when I am in lines on the rides he can go on will he be able to ride
in that with me?
7. The baby care center how crowed is that place to change a baby and
stuff I get the filling that it might be too much of a crowd to use much?
8. All rides with no height restriction the baby can go on right? I know that it
depends on his noise and dark tolerance and my instincts but I am asking
about as a Disneyland policy.

Ok that is all for now I am sure I will have more latter. I know this is a lot of questions. I have read the whole message board and a lot of these are covered I am just trying to clarify them all in one thread. I love that we have boards like this to help each enjoy our trips to the fullest. All help is appericated.

MammaSilva
03-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok not in any particular order here:

At last 'report' from other padders, guests staying on property have had access to early entry all the days it ran while they were guests.

As to the baby, if you're comfortable with the bjorn and a diaperbag/backpack I'd probably skip the stroller if you plan to go back to the room for down time. I don't know how comfortable you/your spouse are toting a six month old but if you can avoid pushing the stroller then you'll be ahead of the game. The upside of the stroller is it gives the parents a bit of a break from the carrier, but the down side is you have to navigate the traffic which will be crowded that time frame.

There are baby changing stations in the bathrooms around the parks....so you're not restricted to the baby care center.

As for the height restrictions, each attraction has a listing in the guide to the magic, no restrictions = he can ride. The bjorn is great for the lines since you can't use the stroller at that point. Most of the rides that have no restrictions will let him ride in the bjorn as well.

As for the reserved seating, I think that's more of a they give you a coupon that you hand to a CM at the show and they direct you to the 'priority seating' for the guests with that privelege. I can't think of any of the shows they offer it for that you really NEED it for.

Fantasmic, if it's important to see the show and you have the baby so you're not willing to camp for a long time for great spots, and if they have any reserved seats left considering those dates are all on sale already then I'd say go for it.

markarkaymat
03-14-2006, 08:56 AM
We plan to do this our first night while we unpack and get comfortable.
4. Is the reserved sitting for Fantasmic worth it?
need to make reservations like at the resteraunts?
in that with me?
stuff I get the filling that it might be too much of a crowd to use much?
8. All rides with no height restriction the baby can go on right? I know that it
depends on his noise and dark tolerance and my instincts but I am asking
about as a Disneyland policy.

1. Early Entry is on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday (I had to google this). From what I've read, a guest of the DLR may go to EE everyday it is offered during their stay at the DLR. Bring your room charge slip which should state your days of stay (I have never been a guest of the DLR hotels just what I've read). If you're staying offsite, you only get one day of EE on a 3-8 day park hopper.
2. I believe you have to go to Main Gate, they'll have a line open for EE. Also, EE is limited to Fantasyland (but I think sometimes Space Mountain is open, someone else will be able to clarify for you).
3. Don't know.
4. Yes Yes Yes! We did the balcony reserved seating and we loved it. It costs too much for us to do everytime so we won't be doing it this March but I am thinking about it for Nov. I haven't done riverside, but children should be $10 cheaper and the effects (heat and water spray) are said to be much better here). Make sure to call the month before on the day you want to go (eg, if you want to go on April 22nd, call on March 22nd at 8am PST). I made this mistake and lost a chance to go on saturday. I woke up extra early for the Sunday showing and started calling 15 minutes before 8 just to be safe.
5. I bought some of these passes on eBay. It's one ticket that has 3 stubs on it (if they're the same as last year). One is for Muppets, one for Aladdin, and one for Bug's Life. We didn't use ours because DD just wasn't interested in shows, so i cannot help with respect to where you're seated and what not.
6. Don't know, but I suspect you can.
7. We didn't use it. We changed DD's diapers in her stroller (ours can lay completely flat) off to the side...never near eating establishments, mostly near planters or trash cans.
8. Yes, note that autopia has an age requirement (I just found that out) to be a passenger (12 months).
Hope that helps. others will be along to help with what i couldn't and can confirm things I don't know for sure. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Malcon10t
03-14-2006, 08:58 AM
1. Do hotel guest get early entry each day? The early entry is good on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. So, during your time, you can go Mon, Tues, and Thurs.

you get in on the monorail entrance for early entry? You need to go to Main gate.
We plan to do this our first night while we unpack and get comfortable. It comes from the main restaurant within the hotel. Not a specific place.
4. Is the reserved sitting for Fantasmic worth it? I think so.
need to make reservations like at the resteraunts? You will get a ticket with little stubs for use at the shows. No reservations needed.
in that with me? Some he will, some he cant.
stuff I get the filling that it might be too much of a crowd to use much? Its usually not crowded. If it is, only one parent can enter with the child.
8. All rides with no height restriction the baby can go on right? I know that it depends on his noise and dark tolerance and my instincts but I am asking
about as a Disneyland policy. There are a few that also have age limits, such as Autopia. The child must be a year to ride as a passenger.

AliCat
03-14-2006, 09:16 AM
We have stayed at the DLH many times and we have been able to gain early entry from the monorail and did not have to go through the main gate. I don't know if this has changed since December, so you can always ask the staff when you register at the hotel.

mickeynminnie
03-14-2006, 09:45 AM
The baby center is wonderful, and we have gone on even very crowded days without a wait. If it's convenient, use the baby center as it is kept immaculate and the changing tables are wonderful. Also, if your baby needs a quiet place to eat, they have rooms for nursing moms to have some privacy and quiet to nurse, makes it very easy and relaxing for both mom and baby.

twist1980
03-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm just going to touch on some of the questions that I have something to add to!

On the days that it is offered. I would check with the front desk to see which days as they do change sometimes!
You can go to the monorail entrance, but with the lines it seems like you don't get into DL until after the park opens to the general public anyways. So I recommend going to the main entrance and getting in the early entry line! :)
need to make reservations like at the resteraunts? Like others have said, you don't have to show up early, but the tickets do say that you should be there 30 minutes prior to the Aladdin show so that they can seat you first.

Malcon10t
03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
We have stayed at the DLH many times and we have been able to gain early entry from the monorail and did not have to go through the main gate. I don't know if this has changed since December, so you can always ask the staff when you register at the hotel.I know last summer you had to use the front gate to enter for EE. I just called Guest Relations and asked there, and according to them, you need to enter at the main gate, as the Monorail makes its first run leaving the DTD stop just as the park opens (rope drop, not Main Street opening.)

cindyland
03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
I can't say enough about the baby center. Very clean and peaceful, a welcome break for baby and parent. Whenever we were anywhere near the baby center I would use it, not just when it became very obvious that we needed it. They set up the changing table for you, clean up after you. Rocking chairs to relax. But, no other family members allowed so I usually sent my family off to do something else while I was in there, then I'd sneak off to one of the nearby stores until they got back. Part of the "Disney experience!"

Our six-month old (who's turning five soon :crying: ) loved her first trip. The colors and the music were great. Especially Small World, that was a big hit.

Someone should let you know if they still have baby swap. We used this so I wouldn't have to miss any "big" rides while staying with the baby. You used to be able to wait by the exit and switch places with the other parent when they got off the ride. The other two kids would trade off who would get a second ride. They also handed out stroller passes at some of the rides. Splash used to let you wait at the exit, then they made you go through the fast pass line. Either way, I didn't feel like I missed anything, and I still go to go on rides with the other kids (4 and 7 1/2 at the time).

As far as Priority Seating goes, you will only need the ticket for Aladdin. Arrive about 45 minutes early and you'll get to stand in the line that allows you to sit at the front of the theater ("orchestra" section). You will not get priority seating if you get there 15 minutes before the show, it is not a reservation (I know this from a very annoying experience last fall). Don't miss this show, your older kids will especially enjoy the Genie, it's my 11-year-old son's favorite.

Have a great trip! We'll leave some good vibes for you when we visit the week before.:fez:

Dedwards
03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the help. It has been so long since I have been I feel like a newbie. I have been to DL at least 30 times wife about 20 my two older kids 7times and ofcourse this is the first with the baby.

So which fantasmic sitting is the best the river side or the balcony? My too oldest have seen it several times and don't really care to see it.

We plan to take advantage of early entry as often as possible we are defiantly morning people. this way we will be out of the park early each day and back in later for parades and fireworks well rested.

I want to take the stroller as it also doubles as a carrier for diaper bag and water bottles and such. Also I mounted a bottle warmer to the stroller. And as someone else said some strollers can be used as a changing station. The corwds and a stroller don't bother me as I just stay happy and never get in a hurry this seems to make everything bearable I don't run into anyone and when I get ran into or blocked I am very calm it's disneyland I never get upset on vacation.

Also does anyone have experaince taking kids that are 11 year apart in age.

going2disneyAZ
03-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks for all the help. It has been so long since I have been I feel like a newbie. I have been to DL at least 30 times wife about 20 my two older kids 7times and ofcourse this is the first with the baby.

So which fantasmic sitting is the best the river side or the balcony? My too oldest have seen it several times and don't really care to see it.

We plan to take advantage of early entry as often as possible we are defiantly morning people. this way we will be out of the park early each day and back in later for parades and fireworks well rested.

I want to take the stroller as it also doubles as a carrier for diaper bag and water bottles and such. Also I mounted a bottle warmer to the stroller. And as someone else said some strollers can be used as a changing station. The corwds and a stroller don't bother me as I just stay happy and never get in a hurry this seems to make everything bearable I don't run into anyone and when I get ran into or blocked I am very calm it's disneyland I never get upset on vacation.

We took our son at 6mos and at 11mos. I would take the stroller and park it centrally with all your 'stuff', then use the carrier between attactions

you can use the carrier for sure on:
buzz lightyear astroblasters
peter pan
snow white
alice
pooh
mr. toads
pinoccio
haunted mansion
pirates

you cannot use it on
astro orbitor rockets
autopia

As far as Fantasimic seats, the balcony will charge you for the baby regardless if he is on your lap or not. Riverside you can lap seat him no extra charge. So I would go for the Riverside.

Remember that fastpass and child swap are your freinds and Early Entry is a great way to knock out all the Fantasyland rides, Buzz, and Space.

MammaSilva
03-14-2006, 11:29 AM
if it's just for you and the wife and the 6month old I'd vote for the balcony but I'll tell you right now, you're chances of getting tickets for either the reserved seats on the balcony and or the river front seats are pretty slim, they go on sale 30 days out and since today is the 14th of March I'd doubt there are even seats left for sale..

going2disneyAZ
03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
if it's just for you and the wife and the 6month old I'd vote for the balcony but I'll tell you right now, you're chances of getting tickets for either the reserved seats on the balcony and or the river front seats are pretty slim, they go on sale 30 days out and since today is the 14th of March I'd doubt there are even seats left for sale..

Good point, I would go through Vacation Planning and see if they can work some magic. I got Riverside through Vactaion Planning over Thanksgiving weekend with only two weeks notice.....

Dedwards
03-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Ok Thanks the fantasmic is resolved I just booked riverside for me wife and the older kids I asked them again and they both seem to have changed thier mind and would love good seats. I got it for the first showing on tuesday.
Thanks for the help there. They told me the baby is free.

The best thing about going at this busy a time is the park hours and the fireworks and shows everynight. I also noticed they are bringing back the EL Parade in DCA this parade I have never got to see yet so we are excited about that one night as well. I have never been to DCA yet what is a good place to stake out the parade there. Waiting for long times not a big deal to me I love relaxing and enjoying the sights smells and sounds. The two bigger ones can go rides some rides while we wait for a good parade viewing.

Malcon10t
03-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok Thanks the fantasmic is resolved I just booked riverside for me wife and the older kids I asked them again and they both seem to have changed thier mind and would love good seats. I got it for the first showing on tuesday. Its amazing how kids who didn't want to take time out to see Fantasmic! will with Preferred seating! My kids won't wait for the show, but if I say "Well, I am getting Riverside", they all want in on it! We will be there the same time as you! Maybe we will see you! We are easy to spot, we have this little black dog in a little yellow cape, wearing Mickey Mouse ears everywhere we go!

SeansMom
03-14-2006, 07:53 PM

Yep. Our sons are 11 years apart. Did you have a specific question about that???

We were in DL when the oldest was 12 and the youngest 11 months. It was all good:) ! We did the baby swap thing, and the little guy had no problems riding on haunted mansion and POTC. In fact, he thought the dark meant it was time to nurse and just fell asleep. We DID take my sister with me...sort of an "Auntie Nanny" so that we could make sure our babys needs were met, but in the end we didn't split up near as much as I thought we might. Our youngest was (and still is) pretty easy going and just napped after all the dark rides.

You can pm me if you have specific questions.

MsYumiBr
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Just a note on the baby swap thing. It is available, but not all the time. When it gets chaotic the CMs run out of the passes. Same with single rider passes. Just keep asking and go with the flow. It's one thing to expect it and get disappointed when they tell you there is no baby swap *and never was* for a particular ride and another knowing they just ran out of the passes and may have them the next day you visit or after shift change. It's annoying but tolerable when armed with the knowledge that you might be able to do it as opposed to it being a right. We encountered this on one visit and the next visit they had them after they told my friend the ride does not have baby swap! :rolleyes: At another ride, the height measuring CM told a bunch of kids there were no single rider passes when the guys in front of us handed a single rider pass to the pass taker CM. Just go with the flow, smile and ask nicely.