PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks and Electrical Parade?

Cherene
03-13-2006, 09:11 PM
We are traveling or trying to in May to Disneyland. I am also working in a trip to San Diego, but I want to make sure we can catch the firework show and DL and try and get the electrical parade as well. I can't tell from the calendar what is showing when. As far as I have found out, the fireworks are Fri and Sat night, is this correct? If so when is the electrical parade?

And does anyone know of anything big happening in May? I am having a terrible time getting flights!

potterphreak
03-13-2006, 09:35 PM
I don't know the exact days, but I do know that the parade will run on the days there are fireworks. I believe EP is at 8:45 (might be 8:30) and I KNOW fireworks is at 9:25. Hope that helps! I re-scheduled my upcoming trip as well so that we can be there for F!, Fireworks AND EP. Had to have another weekend night, LOL. Best of luck to you!

JookyG
03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
We are traveling or trying to in May to Disneyland. I am also working in a trip to San Diego, but I want to make sure we can catch the firework show and DL and try and get the electrical parade as well. I can't tell from the calendar what is showing when. As far as I have found out, the fireworks are Fri and Sat night, is this correct? If so when is the electrical parade?

And does anyone know of anything big happening in May? I am having a terrible time getting flights!

I'm going May 10-14, so I can help answer this, to the extent that it's published.

You can definitely see both shows on weekends, according to the official Disneyland schedule (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage). EP at 8:45 and fireworks at 9:25. You'd have to be extremely lucky to be able to do both on one night. You probably won't be able to get back into DL in time after the Electrical Parade ends.

It's a little fuzzier for weekdays. There is no EP Mon-Thurs, and Disneyland closes at 9pm, which probably means no fireworks. For the fireworks, the schedule says, "Information not available at this time." Which means the fireworks might be shown if they extend park hours. They also might not be showing fireworks on weekdays at all between spring break and summer.

Also, Grad Nights starts Thursday, May 11, so they definitely won't be extending park hours that night. The park closes at 9pm on Grad Nights, it's swept of guests, and the grads are let in later.

Hope this helps at least a little. I'm sure someone more knowledgable than I can provide more info, but keep an eye on that official park calendar!

potterphreak
03-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Wow Jooky, I will be there those days also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a ..... ..... after all!!!!!

JookyG
03-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow Jooky, I will be there those days also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a ..... ..... after all!!!!!

Say Hi if you see me there. I'll be with 3 other overgrown kids in Mickey ears :D

experiment626
03-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I was wondering about fireworks as well. My plans have me going Monday - Wednesday in mid-may and so far it does not show fireworks and the parks close at 9pm. Do they ever have fireworks if the park closes before/at 9pm?

gimp_boy76
03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
My family and I will also be there from 5/10-5/17! See ya in DL!