PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Hojo or Other?

Duchess mermaid
03-13-2006, 06:57 PM
I currently have reservations in may to stay at the Hojo for 5 nights.
I was looking at some other hotel rates though. My rate at HoJo's is $109/night. However, we don't plan on being at the hotel much and we can get a room at Ramada main gate for $79 a night, or Anaheim plaza for $78, or Park vue for $88, or castle Inn for $84.
I want to stay in close walking distance and save as much money as possible. but i also don't want to ruin my vacation with a bad hotel experience. I'm leaning towards Anaheim plaza.
What would you do?

kisroo
03-13-2006, 07:09 PM
I currently have reservations in may to stay at the Hojo for 5 nights.
I was looking at some other hotel rates though. My rate at HoJo's is $109/night. However, we don't plan on being at the hotel much and we can get a room at Ramada main gate for $79 a night, or Anaheim plaza for $78, or Park vue for $88, or castle Inn for $84.
I want to stay in close walking distance and save as much money as possible. but i also don't want to ruin my vacation with a bad hotel experience. I'm leaning towards Anaheim plaza.
What would you do?

Only you can choose the hotel you feel comfortable staying at, however...

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza. I won't be doing it again. You can check out my review (and probably others) in the MousePlanet review section. I haven't heard good things about the Castle Inn and don't know about the Park Vue or Ramada Main Gate. I'm pretty sure all of the hotels are in the MP review section and you can always check www.tripadvisor.com.

Have a great trip, whatever you decide!

~kisroo:)

DangerMouse
03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
What kind of room at the HoJo are you getting for that price, standard, deluxe or premium?

I wouldn't stay at either the Castle Inn or Ramade Maingate if you paid me. I've heard really bad things about both places. I don't know about the Park Vue or Anaheim Plaza.

I would stick with the HoJo. If you are staying as long as 5 nights, you will be spending some time in the room. You will enjoy the lovely grounds and nice pool areas there as well as the excellent customer service. JMO.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
I just read reviews of both Anaheim Plaza and Park Vue. The Park Vue especially seems to be getting consistantly good reports lately. They're refurbing their rooms little by little, so you could even get a recently renovated one.

HOJOs on the other hand has had a rash of negatives lately. Many people disgruntled by the construction going on there, plus the usual (outdated rooms in some buildings, freeway noise). Price has been going up steadily too -- some feel it's no longer worth the high price.

eta: Anaheim Plaza's been getting mostly good reviews on tripadvisor. Were it not for the extra walk (probably same as HOJOs -- which is just too far for us with the little ones) I'd add it to my list of potentials.

Duchess mermaid
03-13-2006, 07:30 PM
I can't remember exactly the name of our room. I think it might be deluxe, but no park view. our reservations say Mt view, resort decor, balcony.
I'm being really iffy about switching hotels so maybe we should just stay.
One thing I'm concerned about (not enough to change hotels for this reason) is if i have one drink too many will the walk back to Hojo's kill me?

Duchess mermaid
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
I didn't know the Howard johnsons under construction? i thought it was finished! will it be over my may?

Darkbeer
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM
HoJo's is finishing up the parking lot construction, and it looks almost done.

The only area that is closed is the lobby building. Currently, they converted the old game room into the check in lobby.

The entire project should be finished by the end of the month.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Management response on tripadvisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g29092-d75680-r4598804-Howard_Johnson_Plaza_Hotel_Anaheim-Anaheim_California.html:

The hotel is renovating the front entrance of the hotel as well as the lobby; the front entrance is scheduled to be completed by March 24, 2006 and the lobby is scheduled to be completed by April 30, 2006. We respect our guests and do not start work early and no guest services have been disrupted.

The hotel competed the building one elevator modernization project on February 28, 2006. Our new elevators are state of the art; providing more efficient vertical transportation as well as using less electrical energy.

Susan L
03-13-2006, 07:50 PM
I didn't know the Howard johnsons under construction? i thought it was finished! will it be over my may?

When we were there in mid Feb we had a park view. The air conditioning was down for rehab and we really could have used it. The entire time we stayed there the temp was 80 and above. The only way we could get some cool air was in the evening by opening up the balcony door but, then we had to listen to the freeway noise. I had chose the HoJo because I had heard good things about it. We were not impressed.