PDA

View Full Version : DownTown Disney - Good place for singles?

Quinten27
03-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Just a quick question.......I'm going down this week with my kids and a close friend, and we are planning to have my parents watch the kids one or two nights so we can check out the night life. Are there any certain bars that would qualify as a good "singles" bar in the DTD area? Or do would we need to get farther away from the resort to find a "hip" spot? We're both in our mid 20s and just looking for a good party one night while we're there. :)

As always........any help is appreciated!

crrees
03-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I dunno man never been to DTD in Disneyland, but here in WDW DTD is a hang out spot for teens and adults in their 20's - 70's maybe its the same way over there

c.r.

erica84
03-13-2006, 06:18 PM
When my friends and I go to DTD, we usually check out what bands, if any, are performing at the House of Blues. We've had a good time there and they have a bar. That's the only thing I can think of unless you'd consider the other restaurants as cool places to hang out. Have fun! :)

twist1980
03-14-2006, 10:16 AM
The outdoor bar at Catal might not be a bad place to go. It's right in the middle of everything and there are tables and bar seating. You could probably start up a conversation with people in there.

Otherwise I second going to House of Blues. You can go to their website now and see whats going on while you are there. I met up with an old high school friend at the HoB when I was in Orlando and it was a blast. Very club-like on some nights.

CrazyTrain
03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, there really isn't a good, hip, happening nightlife spot in DTD. Wish there was! I don't really know anything about clubs in the general area, but if you're into country music, check out In Cahoots in Fullerton. Not sure how it rates as a singles bar, though :)

Keurigirl
03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
There isn't really dancing, but there are good bars and some fun stuff. My husband and I are in our 20's and go to Disney a couple times year.

House of Blues may have some cool concerts while you're there, check them out. The Jazz Kitchen is fun and has a good bar. Also, ESPN Sports Zone can be fun for guys. There isn't a "club" kind of bar, but I still think DTD is fun. And can be fun for singles.

Another Dimension
03-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Be sure to visit the bars at the Grand Californian and Disneyland Hotels as well... :cool: