PDA

View Full Version : Which breakfast???

triciaandtag
04-12-2002, 09:35 AM
I booked my trip in May thru Disney travel, and did an upgrade to the character breakfast. They gave me 4 choices on where to eat. Grand Cal., Goofy's Kitchen, Plaza Inn, and Paradise Pier.

I'm looking for opinions as to which is best. We normally do Plaza Inn because of the variety of characters.

Thanks Guys!!

awinner
04-12-2002, 11:01 AM
I would say in order...goofys, plaza, grand cal, paradise.

Goofys has an amazing spread and some good character, while plaza inn does good too and has alot of Winnie the poo characters.

downingfamily1
04-12-2002, 12:36 PM
In some ways it depends on your priorities. Goofy's Kitchen and Plaza Inn have characters that mingle around and visit the different tables. The food is good at both of these restaraunts. The Grand Cal. has excellent food, but the characters do not come to the tables. The few characters we saw stayed in the front and did games and dances with the kids. There was not a whole lot of opportunity for the kids to interact directly with them. Also, the buffet at the Grand Cal. is more adult oriented. I have never been to the Paradise Pier. I hope this helps some.

triciaandtag
04-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Thank you....I think I'll stick with the Plaza Inn. Besides, It's nice to be in the park, and the interaction is what's she is looking forward to the most. I doubt if food will be a priority for her (she's 9).:)

EandCDad
04-14-2002, 05:34 AM
This is a question that has come up a few times so in the interest of giving you a few more opinions, here are some links to those threads:

Favorite Character Breakfast Location (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=4588&highlight=breakfast+characters)

Character Breakfast (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=4129&highlight=breakfast+characters)

Character Breakfast/Meals??? (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=2527&highlight=breakfast+characters)

triciaandtag
04-14-2002, 08:38 AM
Way cool! Lot's of info. Thank you very much.

WickedQueen
04-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Plaza Inn is Pooh characters, while Goofy's Kitchen has a wider variety of characters and great food. Unless your daughter is a huge Pooh fan, she would probably enjoy Goofy's Kitchen more.

jslivinski
05-30-2002, 09:59 AM
Just bumping this up as it has alot of good information.

Marty
05-30-2002, 01:47 PM
I took my daughters to the Paradise Pier and we loved it. (The only reason we chose this one was because it featured Minnie – both daughters favorite.) The food was all terrific (omelet bar, Mickey shaped waffles, sumptuous pastries… OK, I had better stop here) and we ended up lingering for a couple of hours. Minnie, Pluto and another character (somebody told me it was Goofy’s nephew) made it to our table at least 5 times each. Finally I had to tell Pluto to just leave me alone (Just kidding) And about once every hour they did a little show and got all the kids up dancing or joining in on a conga line. I have no experience with the other breakfasts, but I do know we will visit the Paradise Pier when we come back.