PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Anaheim Resort information please

msgmg68
03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi there! Can anyone give me a "review" of the Clarion Anaheim Resort? I am attending seminars at the Hilton Anaheim and my boss has noted that this might be the hotel we will stay at. Do they have fridges and microwaves in every room, or just the suites? How far is the walk to Disneyland from there? I have checked tripadvisor, but I would like any information from the mousepadders as well! You all seem to have great advice.

Thank you so much!

kisroo
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
There is one review on the MousePlanet review page if you click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20south%20of%20Katel la%2C%20near%20the%20Convention%20Center).

You might also try www.tripadvisor.com for reviews.

~kisroo:)

msgmg68
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
There is one review on the MousePlanet review page if you click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20south%20of%20Katel la%2C%20near%20the%20Convention%20Center).

You might also try www.tripadvisor.com for reviews.

~kisroo:)

Thanks so much for the quick response! The one on the review page is from 2001 and tripadvisor gives it an ok rating. I was hoping someone would have stayed there recently. Apparently, it isn't as "high end" as some would expect from a Clarion. Just trying to get a decent room....last year we had the most horrible room for my seminars(they were in San Francisco last year). Personally, I'd rather stay at the Tropicana or at one of the hotels right at the crosswalk!:)

Thanks again!

Malcon10t
03-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response! The one on the review page is from 2001 and tripadvisor gives it an ok rating. I was hoping someone would have stayed there recently. Apparently, it isn't as "high end" as some would expect from a Clarion. Just trying to get a decent room....last year we had the most horrible room for my seminars(they were in San Francisco last year). Personally, I'd rather stay at the Tropicana or at one of the hotels right at the crosswalk!:)

Thanks again!Clarion has never been a chain I expected "high end" from. They are a nice motel/inn, but would not really rate them over 3 stars. Clarion is the same brand as an Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, etc... This particular one generally has some of the lowest rates in the Anaheim area, next to Parkside Inn. They do not have micros or fridges in the rooms (the suites do offer them.) They are a nice place to crash. Have you boss look at the new Double Tree going in on Harbor, its almost as close, and it looks like they are going to be offering some excellent "get to know us" rates.

oohykitten
03-13-2006, 12:24 PM
have a class there this Thurs. don't think I will stay there, but will give you a report when I return.

msgmg68
03-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Clarion has never been a chain I expected "high end" from. They are a nice motel/inn, but would not really rate them over 3 stars. Clarion is the same brand as an Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, etc... This particular one generally has some of the lowest rates in the Anaheim area, next to Parkside Inn. They do not have micros or fridges in the rooms (the suites do offer them.) They are a nice place to crash. Have you boss look at the new Double Tree going in on Harbor, its almost as close, and it looks like they are going to be offering some excellent "get to know us" rates.

Funny, because I told my boss the same thing about Clarion not being "high end". Some friends of hers told her they expected more.

Thanks for the heads up on the Doubletree - those are great hotels too!