PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones hat

potzbie
03-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I noticed that some DISNEYLAND cast members are dressed up to include a fedora very much like like Indiana Jones' hat.

I like that hat. I liked it for years.

I got my Indiana Jones hat about five years ago in a Discovery Channel shop in one of the malls in Sherman Oaks, for about $22, if I remember.
(I wanted something that was water repellant, as an improvement over my army-style fatigue-like hat, which did NOT look cool at all.):(

Any MousePlanet reader ever own that kind of hat?

(Hey, maybe we should start a club! It would be a real mickey mouse organization, no?) :)

RStar
03-13-2006, 05:54 AM
I do! I do! I got mine at the shop across the way from indy that has all the indy merch in it. It's the only hat I look ok in because I have hair just like Harpo Marx:eek: :fez:

~Bob

TikiGeek
03-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I have one too. I haven't worn it in years but it's a cool hat - I think it's made by Stetson, I got it as a gift back when they were all the rage - I think it's a timeless style. :)

findin mickeys
03-13-2006, 07:38 AM
I love that hat and have wanted one for years. Everytime we visit DL I have an internal argument with myself over purchasing one of those, but I just can't spend the money on it knowing I will not wear it that often.

Tinkermommy
03-13-2006, 08:20 AM
My daughter has the one from the Indy shop in Adventureland.

In fact, she has a whole kid-sized reproduction of the female cast member costume from the Indy ride. I made it for her Indiana Jones birthday party this year, and have been wondering if they'd let her in the park if she wore it. She's clearly too little to be a cast member (she's 10), but I dunno...anyway, it looks really good with the hat!

hippiemama
03-13-2006, 11:28 AM
my dh has one we got him back in 98 - still looks hot in it too ;)
He wore it last november when we went back and i caught a few young girls checkin him out. lol. Not bad for an ol' man with three kids

MouseFaninQueue
03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
I love that hat and have wanted one for years. Everytime we visit DL I have an internal argument with myself over purchasing one of those, but I just can't spend the money on it knowing I will not wear it that often.

I'm with you. I keep looking at those hats thinking they would be pretty cool - but then I keep thinking to myself - where else would I wear it? I'm a baseball cap kind of guy and wear those all the time.

Ahh maybe one day I will bite the bullett and buy one "just to have" ... :cool:

hippiemama
03-13-2006, 11:49 AM
dh wears his every 'date night', the zoo, just about anywhere cuz he knows it rocks my world. lol

JookyG
03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I sure wish classic hats weren't so out of style these days. Baseball hats are practical but lack class. The Indy hats are great. Maybe I'll have to get one on my next visit to go with my Mickey ears and Davy Crockett cap. At least I wouldn't feel so goofy wearing the Indy hat out in public outside the parks :D

nmjohnston874
03-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Here is where I got mine:

http://www.villagehatshop.com/movies_tv_music.html

I wear it in the fall in winter. I have a really cool Panama fedora for spring and summer.

The site also has a lesson on hat etiquette, which has long been forgotton.

TikiGeek
03-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Let's bring back the Fedora - I think it's time hats were back in fashion. ;)

Nice Indy Hat history link: http://www.indygear.com/gear/fedora.shtml

RStar
03-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah, anyone that goes to the MouseAdventures often has seen me in my fedora. Our team was "Raiders of the Lost Park" until we found out we had inadvertantly stolen that name we changed it to "Indy and the Chicks of Doom".

I'm on team #27, I'm Indy (the tall one). The rest are the Chicks of Doom.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/mouseadventure/ma031015photosb.htm

SandraVB79
03-14-2006, 06:26 AM
My daughter has the one from the Indy shop in Adventureland.

In fact, she has a whole kid-sized reproduction of the female cast member costume from the Indy ride. I made it for her Indiana Jones birthday party this year, and have been wondering if they'd let her in the park if she wore it. She's clearly too little to be a cast member (she's 10), but I dunno...anyway, it looks really good with the hat!

In 2002, I visited Disneyland wearing a red-with-white-dots summer dress, and my Minnie Mouse ears, without those at DL, I feel naked. So I was wearing some kind of "Minnie Mouse" costume, and nobody said a thing about it. Well, no one of Disney... Some other guests said it looked nice.
Oh, and I got some compliments of the Mouse herself!

About the hats: I just love wearing hats. In fact, this winter, I bought a furry Russian looking hat, and I wear it just to go to work. Sometimes people look at me weird, but hey, at least my ears don't freeze off! :fez:

Chadsgal
03-14-2006, 06:40 AM
My Dad has one of these hats! :) He has had if for about 10 years and it actually says Indiana Jones inside the hat. I can't remember for the life of me where her got it.

MouseFaninQueue
03-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Ok people with the Indy hats ...

Do you have the leather version or the felt version?

kimmybear
03-14-2006, 09:25 AM
my dh has one we got him back in 98 - still looks hot in it too ;)
He wore it last november when we went back and i caught a few young girls checkin him out. lol. Not bad for an ol' man with three kids

that's awesome! you should be so proud!

SANDYMARIE
03-14-2006, 12:31 PM
My Dad has one of these hats! :) He has had if for about 10 years and it actually says Indiana Jones inside the hat. I can't remember for the life of me where her got it.

Very cool....I must see it sometime!! ;)

RStar
03-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Ok people with the Indy hats ...

Do you have the leather version or the felt version?
I have one of each! I got the felt one from the "Treasures of the Kingdom Sale" at the Disneyland Hotel underground parking garage back about 1997 or so. Before they had the Disney outlet store, and they had a ton of stuff cheep back then that they were clearing out that had built up. The hat was like $18 because the hat band was missing. I replaced it, and even found the Indy pin on the Indy ride, someone had droped it off their hat.

The Fadora just might come back when Indy #4 comes out!

~Bob