PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lilly Belle

aricbell
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM
I was fortune tonight to take a ride around in the Lilly Belle with five other guests...while I was in there they were saying the car is never available for the public to ride in and it costs $25,000 to do so...such as Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp, etc. has paid to do so...Is this true? thanks :confused: :eek:

Opus1guy
03-12-2006, 10:18 PM
...and it costs $25,000 to do so...such as Michael Jackson, Johnny Depp, etc. has paid to do so...Is this true? thanks :confused: :eek:

That part's not true at all. Whoever "they" are, they are wrong.

But the comment about rides not being available to the general public is generally true (exceptions have been made though).

Malcon10t
03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
That part's not true at all. Whoever "they" are, they are wrong.

But the comment about rides not being available to the general public is generally true (exceptions have been made though).
Well.... If you want to make a WILD exaggeration, you could say it cost $25,000 to ride. A corporate membership to Club 33 is about $25k. Club 33 guests can ride on Lilly Belle. So, it costs $25k to ride Lilly Belle!

hbquikcomjamesl
03-13-2006, 05:56 AM
During the brief period that Disneyland offered a backstage tour program, the Lilly Belle was on the afternoon tour, and for the first two years or so, the earliest version of the Walt's Footsteps tour included it. Eventually, however, the tours were kicked out of it, because, I'm told, of a broken antique light fixture, and/or excessive wear and tear on the antique furniture; some years after, it was pulled completely from service because the wood was rotting away.

At present, by all accounts, it has not been put back on the Walt's Footsteps tour, but is open to Club 33 members, and has been otherwise opened to small groups of guests at the discretion of the train crew; perhaps in another year or so, it may be added back into the Walt's Footsteps tour.