PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn Questions

SeansMom
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I've read so many positive comments about CCI that our rather large group is considering it for a trip in November (5 adults, 2 children.) Can anybody answer a few questions:

1) I know this is a motel, not a hotel. Has anybody had problems with the outside corridors related to theft/noise/or feeling unsafe?

2) If anybody has stayed in the regular rooms vs. the deluxe room, did the "extra" 40 sqare feet make that much of a difference? (I'm imagining a 10foot by 4 foor space, and it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.)

3) Was there plenty of decent food at the breakfast? (We'll have two hearty eaters with us, and I'm wondering if it will hold them).

4) If you have a room without a microwave, can you access the microwave in the breakfast area at odd hours (ie: lunch and/or dinner time)?

5) How comfortable are the beds? (I love the Sheraton beds, and the GCH had great beds, too. Nothing like a good nights sleep after a long day at the park!)

6) If you get a king bed, do they charge extra for the rollaway? (We have a pooh sized relative joining us, and he and his wife would be much more comfortable in a King size room, but they also need a space for their 5 year old).

7) Do any of the rooms connect? Or do you have to go outside and then back in?

8) What about the laundry? Anybody use it and find it reasonable? I'd rather do three loads of clothes at one time than overpack, but I hate those basement, chilly, out of the way spaces that are sometimes used :rolleyes: .

Thanks so much in advance to anybody who can address these questions :) !

kisroo
03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
1) I know this is a motel, not a hotel. Has anybody had problems with the outside corridors related to theft/noise/or feeling unsafe?
I've never felt unsafe and unless you are right by the stairwell or parents aren't minding their kids running up and down, I've never had a problem with noise.

2) If anybody has stayed in the regular rooms vs. the deluxe room, did the "extra" 40 sqare feet make that much of a difference? (I'm imagining a 10foot by 4 foor space, and it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.)
Not much difference. The deluxe is a bit longer.

3) Was there plenty of decent food at the breakfast? (We'll have two hearty eaters with us, and I'm wondering if it will hold them).
There's so much food. I've never really seen it low, even close to shut down time.

4) If you have a room without a microwave, can you access the microwave in the breakfast area at odd hours (ie: lunch and/or dinner time)?
Yes, you can. At least we did last time.

5) How comfortable are the beds? (I love the Sheraton beds, and the GCH had great beds, too. Nothing like a good nights sleep after a long day at the park!)
Outside of the GCH, the CCI is our #1 fave. The beds are sooooo comfy.

6) If you get a king bed, do they charge extra for the rollaway? (We have a pooh sized relative joining us, and he and his wife would be much more comfortable in a King size room, but they also need a space for their 5 year old).

Don't know. Sorry.

8) What about the laundry? Anybody use it and find it reasonable? I'd rather do three loads of clothes at one time than overpack, but I hate those basement, chilly, out of the way spaces that are sometimes used :rolleyes:
Don't know this one either.

Thanks so much in advance to anybody who can address these questions :) !

You're so welcome. I think you should go rectify your mistake in the "Hot Man" thread, too. ;)

~kisroo:)

PirateSmile
03-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Nope, I've never felt unsafe at CCI. Walking to and fro at night, maybe. But they have a free shuttle so that's avoided :)

n/a

Just your basics. Not terrible, though.

If I remember right the setup is by the pool, so I doubt it. They may have one you can use, though.

I think they're pretty comfy.

i don't know about the rest of your questions, sorry!

yeartolate
03-12-2006, 06:20 PM
8) What about the laundry? Anybody use it and find it reasonable? I'd rather do three loads of clothes at one time than overpack, but I hate those basement, chilly, out of the way spaces that are sometimes used

As I recall, there are 4 washers and 4 dryers. (maybe 2 washers and 4 dryers?)

Anyhow it is on ground level on the right hand side of the complex. Very convinient no matter where you are. I have never had a problem getting my laundry out of the way at CCI. Clean room, machines function well.

DrivingtoDisneyAZ
03-13-2006, 04:51 AM

According to their website, they do NOT offer connecting rooms on standard rooms. You have to upgrade to a premium/deluxe room for it to be available.

keschy
03-13-2006, 08:08 AM
About the king sized beds..I was looking into that last month and the manager told me they only have 2 king sized beds and that it is first come first serve. You can request the king size but won't necessarily get one.

hlbtimes2
03-13-2006, 02:59 PM
We just walked in the door from a 4 night stay at the CCI. We loved it. The beds are super comfy. They are pillow top mattresses (I think they are in the process of getting new, I saw a mattress truck there one day). They have about 6 pillows on each bed, and nice down comforters. The regular rooms are a bit small, but we don't really spend much time in our room anyway. If I had a complaint it would be lack of storage space. I couldnt unpack me and dh's clothes- only the kids, and it made it a bit crowded to have the suitcases sitting near the sink. But it really wasnt a big deal.

The breakfast was really good, but does lack for protein. I would recomend getting some yogurt or cheese to go with what they offer. Protein will help keep you full longer. They offer: apples, oranges, bananas, bagels (3 kinds of cream cheese) bread (and toaster), butter, peanut butter, jelly, muffins/ pastries, cereal (raisin bran, rice crispies and fruit loops), milk, juice (apple and orange), coffee, hot chocolate and I think tea. There was always plenty of food.

The shuttle ( I know you didnt ask about it) is WONDERFUL. It runs on a very regular schedule and really was a great part of staying there. We did walk a couple times when we missed the shuttle by a couple of minutes. It took about 10 minutes or so.

We didnt notice any real problems with noise. When we took our afternoon nap I did hear people, but I dont think it would be that much different if they were in a hall outside the door vs outside the door on a side walk. We never felt unsafe in anyway.

SeansMom
03-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks, all, for the great feedback!

Kisroo...looks like the best "hot man" won :)

cirquelover
03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I have to agree with everyone else, Candy Cane Inn is great!

The deluxe rooms with 40 extra feet are so worth it with a family. Part of the space is a closet, which is great to hang up jackets etc and a great place to put your suitcases out of the way!

We have always seen a security guard at night and have always felt safe! We have been going there since 2000.

Another great tip is if the whole family doesn't want to go down for breakfast, grab the tray under your coffee maker and go load up and bring back to room!
There is a market next door and a 7-11 next to that, which makes it easy to grab snacks and beverages.

Have a wonderful trip!!

SeansMom
03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I have to agree with everyone else, Candy Cane Inn is great!

The deluxe rooms with 40 extra feet are so worth it with a family. Part of the space is a closet, which is great to hang up jackets etc and a great place to put your suitcases out of the way!

You answered the question I didn't quite know how to word. Excellent! A closet and a place to hide our "stuff":D .

Also, I had no idea about the security guard. Nice to know.

Thanks cirquelover!

cirquelover
03-15-2006, 11:22 AM
I forgot to add our first trip was a huge extended family trip and they were very accomodating with getting our rooms close to each other, except for the younger group who wanted to be on the other side of the hotel!! LOL So we had four rooms on one side and two rooms on the other, which made everyone happy!

The grounds are beautiful and very well cared for by a small army of groundskeepers and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We have never been disappointed and they do every thing to make sure your stay is pleasant.