PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break season?

TeaCupper
03-12-2006, 05:28 PM
So, has the spring break season started already?

Is there a week coming up that ISN'T someone's break? Should we just assume that the closer we get to Easter, the more crowded the park will get?

Thanks in advance,
Teacupper

SeansMom
03-12-2006, 05:40 PM

Is there a week coming up that ISN'T someone's break? Should we just assume that the closer we get to Easter, the more crowded the park will get?

Thanks in advance,
Teacupper

Yep. Mid-winter breaks seem to blend into Spring breaks.
Nope, there really isn't the standarized breaks anymore, with an increasing number of schools on year-round schedules and/or alternative schedules.
Yep. Just assume it will get more and more crowded, especially on the week-end when all the locals will take advantage of warmer weather and flock to the park.
My suggestion: Plan well. Try Ridemaxx. And enjoy!

JDBlair
03-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Thanks in advance,
Teacupper
Here in Chandler, Arizona (Phoenix Metro) our Spring break is March 13 - 27th. We leave for Disneyland tomorrow. :D I'm not sure if all of Phoenix Metro is on Spring Break this week but it sounds like a lot are.

DisneyPeachee
03-12-2006, 06:56 PM
We're also from the Phoenix area, our kids are on Spring Break this week AND we are currently at DLR. We drove in yesterday, and on the road we had much rain, some hail and even a bit of snow! It was wonderful. We've heard that there are lots of folks from Arizona here this week (we're at the GCH). I think lots of schools throughout Arizona (including the universities) are on Spring Break. Ahhhh, tis the season.

Wearing our winter weather gear at DLR and loving it . . . .

stan4d_steph
03-12-2006, 07:00 PM
A search in this forum on "spring break" will reveal some previous threads on the subject.

MsYumiBr
03-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Our spring break is April 10-14 and we will not be going to the park.

Gramiangel420
03-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Tomorrow we leave and arrive at DLR! Our spring break isn't until April 10-14, but we decided to go during the college breaks. :rolleyes: (We are from Washington)
We went last year at this time and had a wonderful time. Lots of people, but not too crowded to still have a wonderful experience and ride lots of rides.:p See you there, Arizona people.
We are staying at the Carousel, we stayed at GCH last year, it was nice. We just did not spend very much time there.
See you tomorrow!:D

amarvel
03-13-2006, 09:33 AM
well our spring break is April 10-14 and I will be going :) I'll be there 9-11th :)

Angela

adriennek
03-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Is there a week coming up that ISN'T someone's break?

Nope.

My son is off almost the entire month of March. 1/3 of his school is off almost the entire month of April.

Adrienne

AaronInCal
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Disneyland is well prepared for the longer than usual Spring Break period. The park is open 9am to 11pm during the week and midnight on the weekends. Remember fireworks are nightly through at least April 23. The main Spring Break time, the week before and week after Easter (April 8-23), are the busiest, and that is when Disneyland is open till midnight everyday. Hope everyone enjoyed the few weeks of "slow" offseason! :D

momrussell
03-13-2006, 03:19 PM
the week of March 27th is spring break for oregon... We are going April 2-8

derraj25
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
the week of March 27th is spring break for oregon... We are going April 2-8

We are here in OR. to and we'll be there April 2-7! Wahoo!!! Our tickets should arrive this week!

--derraj25

CinemaGal15
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Yes, Sunday was day one of about a 6 week period of Spring Break schedule at the Disneyland Resort... It's going to be so much fun since the CM's who are in school only get one week off, but yet they practically have to be scheduled full-time if they aren't minors.

Darkbeer
03-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Drove by the park today (but did not stop).

Pummba was used, and was full, they also used Simba for Timon overflow, and it looked like the Parking Structure used all 6 levels.

Based on that, it looked like the park was busy.