PDA

View Full Version : Cancel Fantasmic?

JDBlair
03-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I know they'll cancel the fireworks for rain, wind, etc. But what about Fantasmic? We have reserved seating for this Friday and I have checked the weather forecast every single day. Today, it's predicting showers for Friday. If they cancel the 1st showing of Fantasmic but things are fine by the 2nd showing, will they continue with the 2nd showing or do they cancel both? Fantasmic has been one of the points of our trip I've looked forward to the most. And even pouted so my husband would give in to the reserved seating. Friday is our last night in the park so it's our only chance at this!! :(

Imagineer In Training
03-12-2006, 09:05 AM
wouldnt they cancel because Fantasmic! uses pyrotechnics? i would think that the show couldnt run in the rain anyway, wouldnt it ruin the costumes and such??

TowerofTerror
03-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes they cancel fantasmic when it rains. They do it because its for the safety of those in the show. The show cant be done when the stage is all wet.

Malcon10t
03-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I know they'll cancel the fireworks for rain, wind, etc. But what about Fantasmic? We have reserved seating for this Friday and I have checked the weather forecast every single day. Today, it's predicting showers for Friday. If they cancel the 1st showing of Fantasmic but things are fine by the 2nd showing, will they continue with the 2nd showing or do they cancel both? Fantasmic has been one of the points of our trip I've looked forward to the most. And even pouted so my husband would give in to the reserved seating. Friday is our last night in the park so it's our only chance at this!! :(
They will cancel if the setting is considered unsafe for the crew. If they cancel the first show, generally the second show is cancelled. Its not just the rain itself, but the slippery surfaces the characters have to run on. We were there on NYE and it poured all afternoon, but stopped by 6 and the show went on at 9.

JDBlair
03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
They will cancel if the setting is considered unsafe for the crew. If they cancel the first show, generally the second show is cancelled. Its not just the rain itself, but the slippery surfaces the characters have to run on. We were there on NYE and it poured all afternoon, but stopped by 6 and the show went on at 9.

Thank you! You are always so helpful!!!

Enter The Mouse
03-12-2006, 10:58 AM
They've canceled it becuase of Rain while I was there.