PDA

View Full Version : Oregonians headed to Disneyland for Spring Break?

Pages : [1] 2

David&Emmy's Mom
03-11-2006, 04:01 PM
We had plans to drive down from Portland with my parents and meet my sister and her family there Saturday the 25th. Well, my sister's car was totaled this week, my parents decided the trip was too expensive, and because my immediate family was just there in November for the twins' seventh birthday, I am afraid my husband will want to cancel this trip. I just asked my best friend and her niece to take the place of my parents. I have not told my husband yet that my sister and family and my parents have all backed out now. I guess if we have to cancel, it would be nice to know that it was going to be extremely crowded the week of March 25-31, so please post if you are headed there that time frame. A few positive vibes from my fellow MP'ers that we can still go would be the best of all, though!:)

Tigertail777
03-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Howdy, I can only dream of going. But I have to say anytime is a good time to go LOL. We are not getting much of a spring break from my college (one week) so even if I had the money I dont really have the time. I would say go if you have yer heart set on it, and you would be able to get in the last of the 50th anniversary which will not be around forever. Keep in mind Pirates will be closed though, so if its the centerpiece of the entire park to you like it is to me, then you may want to wait and re-schedule.

Oh yeah, and hello fellow Oregonian I live up by Mt Hood. Nice to see there are others of us on here! :D

Course I really wanna go when the new subs ride opens!:D

Wasnt much help was I? LOL sorry, just follow yer heart I suppose.;)

David&Emmy's Mom
03-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks, Tigertail. I have a feeling we aren't that many miles apart. I am out toward Damascus, and I'd bet you are somewhere between Boring, Sandy or Welches?

I find out Monday if my friend can get the week off from work to be able to go with us. I am waiting until then to tell my husband all of the news. The four of us upgraded our parkhoppers to Deluxe APs when we were there in November, but had bought 5-day parkhoppers for my parents for Christmas. My folks said that they would send them back to me so I could give them away to someone who could use them. They are the parkhoppers that adults play for kids' price, so are only good until April 27th. So, I am really hoping my friend and her niece can make it, so those tickets won't be wasted.

Tigertail777
03-11-2006, 06:07 PM
HA HA HA! iiiits a small world aaaafter all...

I live in Sandy, good guess.:D

ComfyCody
03-11-2006, 06:20 PM
We're leaving from Salem on March 24th! We're driving with our 5 year old and 1 year old, so I'm not sure if/when we'll stop along the way. We'll be at the DGC from 3/26 - 3/30, and we're also going to try to hit Universal Studios this trip too. I know there won't be much for the kids there, but the side trip to Universal is the only way I convinced my dh that we NEEDED to head south for spring break!:D Since I started planning they have extended the park hours, so I'm assuming my family won't be the only ones in the park. :rolleyes: There are also a couple of really big conferences happening, so I'm pretty sure that's another reason why the hotel rooms booked so early. Anyway, I hope you still get to go - it's the only thing that's getting me through this crazy weather!;)

derraj25
03-11-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm NE of Eugene and going to DL April 2-7!!! Spring break here is Mar 27-31 but we decided to give the kids an extra week off for our trip! I am expecting larger than off season crowds but not near the summer crowd.

--d2

findin mickeys
03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I am part of a group of four families (20 people total) that will be down there. My family and I are staying the longest :D , we will be there from March 26th - April 1st. We will spend one day at Knotts, but have 6 day park hoppers and plan on using all 6 days!!!

I am sure you will have a blast, whether everyone can make it or not. Just enjoy yourself and don't worry about everyone else that drops off. I am sure if you can't find any takers for the tickets amongst your friends, there would be plenty of grateful takers on the board!:fez:

cirquelover
03-11-2006, 10:30 PM
We live east of Albany. We had planned to drive down the end of March but now my husband says the end of April. I don't care as long as I can go sometime soon!
I hope you can find friends that will go too!

TP2000
03-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Anyway, I hope you still get to go - it's the only thing that's getting me through this crazy weather!;)

Just so you know, the weather in Anaheim has been rather crummy the last two weekends. It rained cats and dogs last weekend, and most entertainment was cancelled. This weekend it turned unseasonably cold, with temps in the 40's and heavy rainstorms. It even hailed a few times at Disneyland this weekend, and the temperature is currently plunging towards the 40 degree mark. The fireworks were cancelled both Friday and Saturday night, and both parades were cancelled due to rain on Saturday.

The long range forecast is for another round of rainy weather next weekend, and then a bigger storm to hit SoCal on the weekend of the 25th and 26th.

January and February were sunny, dry and unseasonably warm for Anaheim, with some weekends seeing 80 degree days. But March turned cold and rainy, and we are finally getting the winter we didn't have in January and February. The long range forecast shows that won't change for at least the next few weeks.

UPDATE- Just checked weather.com and it is currently 36 bone chilling degrees in Anaheim!

David&Emmy's Mom
03-12-2006, 04:33 AM
I finally got the nerve to tell the hubby, and we are taking his parents instead! YAY!!:) The trip is saved! :) :)

We are planning on leaving Friday the 24th, right after school is out We are driving to Medford and staying all night there, then heading for the HOJO the next day. Since Saturday is a blocked day for Deluxe APs, we didn't plan on going to the parks until Sunday, anyway. We will head for home late Thursday the 30th.

Speaking of wacky weather, Portland and even the beaches at sea level had snow down to the valley floor on Thursday this past week, and plenty of it! Let's all hope that Fantastmic will not be cancelled Sunday night due to bad weather, because that is the only day that we can see it. I love the fact that the "Remember . . ." fireworks are tentatively scheduled for each night. In November, we saw them the one and only time on Veteran's Day, the first day the park closed for high attendance for quite some time, so you know it was packed worse than sardines in the hub area that night!

See all you fellow Ducks and Beavers in two weeks. We'll be the family with granny on an ECV, two very cute 7 year olds, and silver-haired gramps will talk your ear off in line, if given the chance.;)

ComfyCody
03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
Just so you know, the weather in Anaheim has been rather crummy the last two weekends. It rained cats and dogs last weekend, and most entertainment was cancelled. This weekend it turned unseasonably cold, with temps in the 40's and heavy rainstorms. It even hailed a few times at Disneyland this weekend, and the temperature is currently plunging towards the 40 degree mark. The fireworks were cancelled both Friday and Saturday night, and both parades were cancelled due to rain on Saturday.

The long range forecast is for another round of rainy weather next weekend, and then a bigger storm to hit SoCal on the weekend of the 25th and 26th.

January and February were sunny, dry and unseasonably warm for Anaheim, with some weekends seeing 80 degree days. But March turned cold and rainy, and we are finally getting the winter we didn't have in January and February. The long range forecast shows that won't change for at least the next few weeks.

UPDATE- Just checked weather.com and it is currently 36 bone chilling degrees in Anaheim!

A crummy weather day at Disneyland is always better than a crummy weather day at hoome! :D

tgsapo
03-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi Gang!

We live in Albany, and are flying to Disneyland April 22nd through 26th (staying in the Park Inn)... We were hoping to bypass Spring Break crowds, but it looks like it will be busy anyway! (Albany's Spring Break is March 27th through 31st...) I say "Bring on the rain!!" Yeah!!:D

vicbella2
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Glad to know that you're still able to make your trip. We had to cancel a trip in january with DLH AP rate of $89 a night. That was so disheartening. We're from WA not Oregon, but we'll be there March 28-April 3.

Imagineer In Training
03-12-2006, 04:55 PM
we arent going over spring break this year but we've gone that time of year three different times. its never super crowded but the crowds arent thin by any means. i would say that if you've been before its a fine time of the season to go because its generally warm...in comparison to oregon anyway and if you''ve been before chances are getting on rides and doing some rides multiple times is not as big of a deal as if it were the first time, meaning that crowds could be a little higher without ruinging your trip. Expect some crowds but not a ton....crowds may change based on the weather but also keep in mind that schools all over the country have their spring breaks the first week of april and disneyland is a prime holiday vacation spot.

kimbopotamus
03-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I am so happy to read that your trip is still on! I am an Oregonian too, over in Beaverton. My daughters and I just went over President's Day weekend and it was busy and cold. Not that I can complain about anything else though, the shows all went on and the Turkey Legs were d-e-e-e-licious! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

seaya
03-13-2006, 01:46 PM
We'll be ther April 18-21. I was also assuming Spring Break would long be over as it is in March up here - sounds like that was a mistake!! We're driving from Lebanon. All you Oregonians have fun.

Beth

momrussell
03-13-2006, 05:35 PM
we'll be going April 2-8th. Flying from Eugene - Praying for warm weather at disneyland!

derraj25
03-13-2006, 05:43 PM
we'll be going April 2-8th. Flying from Eugene - Praying for warm weather at disneyland!

This is cool...we are flying out of Eugene Sunday morning too! Have a great time!:)

momrussell
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
We're taking the 6:00 am flight on Alaskan. It's really early but we get into LAX at 9:00 am, so no wasted day traveling. I used to hate to fly into LAX but now they have it streamlined it so you can deplane and be on the rental car shuttle in less than 25 minutes. We come back at the equally unreasonable hour of 6:40am and then go up to portland -4 1/2 hour layover:(- and then back down to Eugene at 2:30. It was the only return I could get.

derraj25
03-13-2006, 07:10 PM
We're taking the 6:00 am flight on Alaskan. It's really early but we get into LAX at 9:00 am, so no wasted day traveling. I used to hate to fly into LAX but now they have it streamlined it so you can deplane and be on the rental car shuttle in less than 25 minutes. We come back at the equally unreasonable hour of 6:40am and then go up to portland -4 1/2 hour layover:(- and then back down to Eugene at 2:30. It was the only return I could get.

That layover in PDX stinks. We are on the United 6:30a Eug-SFO with a 45min layover and we landing at the Orange County Airport at 10:10a. We book our trips so far in advance (this trip was booked Aug '05) that the EUG-SNA (usually a 40-60 minute layover in SFO), is cheaper than the NS EUG-LAX.

You guys have a great time! We are praying for sun and heat! Enough of this cold snow, wind, and rain!!!

--d2

morphistrnity
03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I am from Klamath Falls. Our spring break is in March too. But we are going to disneyland in the beginning of May. Spring break is just too crowded. Lines are too long. I get my sons homework ahead of times to get it before we leave for our trip. My 4 year doesn't have homework yet. That way we can relax and get to ride the rides instead of waiting in lines. Hope to see you all there:)

momrussell
03-13-2006, 08:51 PM
We went last year for a week starting May 8th. The weather was perfect - 70's, sunny and the crowds were light. Not more than a 20 minute wait on any ride and many were walk ons. Watch out for grad nights starting in May. I think those are more towards the end of May.

daisy4me
03-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Gang!

We live in Albany, and are flying to Disneyland April 22nd through 26th (staying in the Park Inn)... We were hoping to bypass Spring Break crowds, but it looks like it will be busy anyway! (Albany's Spring Break is March 27th through 31st...) I say "Bring on the rain!!" Yeah!!:D
Hey we are from Camas, WA and we will be going in June and staying at the Park Place Inn so let me know how the hotel is. We booked a couple family suites so if you have a suite also PLEASE let me know if it's worth it. Thanks and have a GREAT time:fez:

Uncle Remus
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I am amazed at all the people in Oregon... and that most of them are south or east of portland. I live in Portland but I am going to school at OSU. Lots of Eugene people here. I went last spring break, it was pretty busy and I couldn't imagine how busy it will be the 50th spring break, good luck.

cirquelover
03-15-2006, 12:14 AM
We'll be ther April 18-21. I was also assuming Spring Break would long be over as it is in March up here - sounds like that was a mistake!! We're driving from Lebanon. All you Oregonians have fun.

Beth

What a small world, we are in Lebanon too!! I think we are driving down a week after you.
Have a great trip! It's a long drive but it's cheaper than flying!