PDA

View Full Version : Time of our Lives at Disneyland Resort and Paradise Pier Hotel

luvindiznee
03-11-2006, 11:09 AM
:) Just returned to Houston after a week at the Paradise Pier Hotel. Got to hotel the afternoon of Friday, March 3, knocked around Downtown Disney a little and ate at ESPN with me (dad-37), mom, 3 boys 3, 5 and 8.

We surprised them Friday morning with the trip.

Saturday we woke up early, hit Disneyland (I had been a few times 20+ years ago), and had a blast! Rode Dumbo twice, a lot of other rides, got in 26 rides on anything we wanted due to Fastpasses (regular not AAA), and the only wait we had was Peter Pan late in the afternoon for 45 minutes! We had the time of our lives! Sunday was Legoland...sort of a letdown but what can compare to Disneyland? Nice park, but really oriented toward 5 year olds I think. Expensive too for what you get. I heard SUnday at Disneyland was packed!

Cal Adventure on Monday...no real waits there but kind of a letdown compared to DL. Again, unfair comparison. I think in 20 years a lot of the kind of "bare" areas will fill in with rides etc. DL is just packed with rides and stuff to see and do after 50 years.

Back to DL Tues, Wed, Thursday. Same perfect days...60's for weather, sunny, happy kids and parents...rode any ride we wanted as much as we wanted-no crowds-no need for Fastpass. I was surprised at all the locals who didnt really know how to use Fastpass. Read up on Fastpass on this site or in Unofficial Guide to DL book and do it that way.

After reading up on Paradise Pier I was scared to death about staying there. Let me tell you I have stayed at a lot of nice places, and the PPH was really nice. Very well maintained, newly remodeled, the kids loved the pool and the new slide there! This place is really nice.

Anyway, can't wait to return to DL sometime in the next few years! This was as perfect a vacation as you can get.

LibertyCall
03-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Glad you had such a great time! My vacations to Disneyland are always the best ever. Whenever I read about people that have to fly to go to Disneyland, it reminds me that I have no excuse not to go more often being just a six hour drive away.

vicbella2
03-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Glad you had such a wonderful trip. I had to beg dh to go there when our in 2004 when our kids were 2 and 6. Since then, he's loved our vacations to disneyland. We went last year and convinced him to upgrade our parkhoppers to AP. Yeah! We're looking forward to anolther trip at the end of the month. I fear that it'll be a lot busier and crowded than your trip.