PDA

View Full Version : I need holiday inn at the park info please

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Has any one here stayed at this motel? I know its between two highways but I sleep well with ear plugs so I do not care about that. I want to know what room you stayed in, if it was a good room, where in the motel is a good place to stay and why and tell me some good things about this place please))))))
Thank you much :)

momof3
03-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Hello! We stayed here in August of 2004. The hotel grounds (pool area) are beautiful! I don't remember what room we stayed in, I think on the 4th floor. We overlooked the parking lot/ trash dumpsters, but it wasn't noisy. The room was basic, but clean. There is a restaurant in the lobby, where kids eat free with adult meal. There is also a bar for drinks in lobby (beer, etc). The staff was always friendly and helpful. The pool area is the most impressive area. It has a water "fountain" area for the kids to play in (where the water shoots up from the ground), and the pool is nice and big. Also a nice jacuzzi. Big pool area, lots of greenery. Some of the rooms overlook the pool area. If you request one of these rooms, you will be able to see fireworks from Disneyland at night. These can be seen from pool area, but I thought best view was from our floor. It is, however, too far to walk to Disneyland, but when we were there the ART picked up right outside the lobby. Always plenty of room on shuttle. Check to make sure it still stops there. If your kids like to swim, they'll love the pool area. It's very relaxing for the adults, too! Oh, there is also a small game room, too.

Colin
03-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I stayed in the Holiday Inn in June last year!

The hotel was nice, rooms average size and air conditioned (ok probably not a big deal for you guys, but as a Brit I loved it :P)

Comfortable Beds, rooms were clean, Staff friendly, the shop is convenient. I didn't use the pool but the area looked nice. Free local calls if you're a priority club member, and free wireless internet. Also priority parking for Priority club members.

I did take a couple pics of the room the day I left

http://photos.tpruk.com/260605/ds_DSC01958
http://photos.tpruk.com/260605/ds_DSC01959 and
http://photos.tpruk.com/260605/ds_DSC01960

Must disagree on the walking comment, I believe its within easy walking distance unless you have very young children. I made the mistake of buying an ART pass the day I arrived valid for 7 days I think, I used it if it happened to be outside otherwise I would walk, and for returning from the park, its the last hotel on the route so took about 20mins to get to if I recall, walking is only 10-15mins tops! Quicker, easiar and cheaper to walk :)

C°o°lin

Hakuna Makarla
03-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Thank you so much! I found out there is a shuttle that picks you up all day and until the park closes.this place looks nice for the price and even though the room is basic I like the fact it has a real nice pool and a resturant. and the fact kids eat free, way cool! thanks so much I appreciate the pictures to :)

Colin
03-12-2006, 05:20 PM
If you mean the Holiday Inn shuttle I didn't see it move from its parked position once the whole time I stayed there, so I wouldn't count on that, but if you mean ART then yes it runs...

C°o°lin

jdee
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
We stayed there recently and I posted a review on the hotel review page. It is very noisey by the freeway. I felt like we were on the freeway. We asked to be moved and it was a little bit better, but still noisey. It was OK, not one of the best Holiday Inns we have stayed at, but it works for a place to sleep. I think the rooms need to be upgraded, they are kinda shabby.