PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Grijalva
03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
I have been watching the weather this past week and it disappoints me. Will Disney still be operating with the weather being rainy? How is the weather tonight? Any suggestions for this kind of weather?

potzbie
03-10-2006, 07:34 PM
According to disneyland.com:

as of 8:22 p.m. Friday 03/10/06.
currently 52 degrees F, 11 degrees C.

Hi 54 degrees F, 12 degrees C.

Lo 47 degrees F, 8 degrees C.
Are you asking if the opening/closing hours will change due to rain?

I don't remember DL altering their hours due to rain.
"Suggestions?"

Stay dry.
Stay warm.
Stay indoors.

"Bundle up your overcoat
When the wind is free.
Take good care of yourself.
You belong to me."

Let a smile be YOUR umbrella!

Shinku
03-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Disneyland doesn't close for rain, but certain rides including Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Tea Party (teacups) will. If you're worried, just pack ponchos (which are available for purchase at the resort, but they're way cheaper if you hit up a walmart on the way in), and jackets, maybe extra pairs of socks, and go enjoy the park! When it begins to rain, the park takes on a different feeling, in a good way, because people begin to leave. Lines get shorter and it makes for interesting memories, that's for sure.

snappy
03-11-2006, 02:57 PM
I have been watching the weather this past week and it disappoints me. Will Disney still be operating with the weather being rainy? How is the weather tonight? Any suggestions for this kind of weather?
I remember a couple of years ago Disneyland did close early due to Inclement weather conditions. That's what they announced over the loud speaker. They were suppose to close at 12:00am but closed at 10:00pm.

MsYumiBr
03-11-2006, 06:57 PM
We just got home from the park! OMG! It was so great! Let me begin with telling you my girls and I went to the park with friends last weekend. It was sunny and very crowded that weekend. The crowds wouldn't have been so bad if everyone kept a good attitude but people were very irritable. I personally didn't get to go on more than two rides due to the fact I was attempting to be the tour guide mixing the stroller route with the teen route. That being said, today's weather was threatening rain all day long and cold. We had to make a trip to Orange County on tax business anyway so after that we headed to the park for an impromptu trip. Although the initial lines to get in were a little long, it wasn't too bad and once in the park it progressively got better! It started to sprinkle after we got on Big Thunder and the crowds dissipated. I was worried about the line at Haunted Mansion but then it started to pour. Out came our umbrellas and into the line we went. It was not too bad. By the time we got out of line, the sun was shining and back to Big Thunder we went. It did not rain after that but we had to get home to feed the dogs. What a great day! We were able to go on Space twice, Indy once (we would have went again but the cold started to bug my ears), the girls went on Splash (single rider), Big Thunder twice, Jungle Cruise (we had the best guide ever--I haven't laughed so much in 20 rides) and Star Tours, all in 6 hours. We were even practically begged to go on the canoes which I refused because one of my girls sat behind me the last time and proceeded to drench me with her bad paddling. Usually when we go either the canoes are not operating or the line is over an hour long. What a day! I wish every day was like this. Note to self: rain means low crowds and lots of guests that are in a great mood in spite of the weather.

TowerofTerror
03-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Crowds are very light when it rains and is very cold. I love going when its like this.

Mark Goldhaber
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately, the wind did not cooperate. Twice in the last two days, I staked out a great spot for the fireworks, and twice it was cancelled. Maybe I'll see "Remember" from the hub on my next trip, whenever it may be.... :mad:

Otherwise, the crowds did indeed evaporate after the rain. Attraction-wise, I hit everything that I had on my list.

Tinkermommy
03-12-2006, 07:29 AM
We had reservations for this weekend at the Disneyland Hotel and Club 33 for my little girl's birthday, but we rescheduled because of the weather. Her grandparents were going, too, and I thought the cold and rain might be bad for my dad.

We ended up getting snow Saturday & Sunday here in the High Desert, so this morning, we made a Matterhorn out of snow. We have a couple of those little plastic Mickeys riding in a bobsled, and added those.

It wasn't Disneyland, but it was fun!

findin mickeys
03-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Some of my fondest memories of Disneyland are when it rained. We were there in 1998 during the spring time and it rained on us then. It was great. There were no lines we walked onto everything, and the best part was we ran into my wifes cousin and his family without knowing each was going to be there. So we were able to spend the last two days of our trip with them which was great!

raych30
03-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi Tinkermommy,

I live in the high desert as well, my kids made a cowboy snowman this morning :) I love the matterhorn out of snow, what a clever idea!

amarvel
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
i love when it rains. 5 years ago i went and it rained and everyone left, being from seattle i just put my poncho on and went on all the rides, it was great :)

Tinkermommy
03-12-2006, 10:56 AM
I live in the high desert as well, my kids made a cowboy snowman this morning :) I love the matterhorn out of snow, what a clever idea!

It actually started out to be a snowman, but we couldn't get the snow to form balls. My daughter looked at the pile and said, "Hey! It looks like the Matterhorn!" and the rest is history. LOL! I brought out her 50th castle playset and we took pictures with that in the background.

You must have gotten the "good" snow. We're in Victorville, and it was really powdery. No Frosty for us this year! Ours is all melted now, except for a little bit of Matterhorn left in the middle of the front lawn...