PDA

View Full Version : Crowne Plaza or Paradise Pier

momtoaj
04-11-2002, 06:14 PM
We are going to Disnyland for five nights on 4/21. We are all extremely excited!!! The two hotels that we are considering are the Crowne Plaza or the Paradise Pier (I really want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel but our budget does not allow for it). Does anyone have any suggestions? The Paradise Pier is about $20 more a night and does not include breakfast, is it worth it? Does anyone know how to get the rates down for the DLH? Thanks for any advice, this is our first vacation in soooo long and we want it to be special.

DisneylandKid
04-11-2002, 06:32 PM
The Paradise Pier is a very nice hotel, and it is very conveniantly located near Disney's California Adventure, Downtown Disney, and Disneyland. No more than a 5 minute walk from each. I would say that it is worth the extra $20, especially being that it is your first vacation in so long.

MouseWife
04-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Well, depending on where you are, can you get the S. CAL discount? Then you can get a $99. AP. If that is better than what you are paying and it will be good all year.

I don't know if the lowest priced AP gives you discounts on rooms at the Paradise Pier, though.

Do you have AAA?

I think the reason that it is costing so much is that it really isn't that far away{your trip date}. They charge according to how they are booked.

Check on the travel here and there is another place, drats, someone will list it, where they have specials listed.

But I get ya, $20. adds up. Especially when you still have to come up with breakfast. So, it is more than $20. per day, really.

Good luck. Have fun!

Techie7
04-11-2002, 06:49 PM
So Cal passports do not require you be a So Cal resident. My sister from Fresno has one and when I asked about it at City Hall and the AP Processing center they told me it was for everyone but is geared towards So Cal residents because of the blockouts. Could have changed since two months ago through.

MouseWife
04-11-2002, 07:11 PM
You are more than likely right.

I haven't ever boughten one, nor have I actually ever
even inquired directly about one. :(

Sad to say.

momtoaj
04-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all of the fast replies! I am new here, what is the AP? I am in Colorado so I probably would not qualify for a So. California discount. Has anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza? Is it nice? Or is it really worth it to be at one of the Disney hotels.

Matterhorn Fan
04-11-2002, 07:53 PM
An AP is an Annual Pass.

When you call the Paradise Pier Hotel, you might also want to ask if they have any discounts for Disney Club members. If they do, and you'll save more than $39.95 (the cost to join the DC for a year), you can join at www.disneyclub.com (or you can get an application at your Disney Store).

Even once you've made your reservation, you can call them once a week or so to ask if there are any new/better discounts.

I've never even heard of the Crowne Plaza, so I can't help you on that one.

funnygarcia
04-11-2002, 08:00 PM
If you already have hoppers you can upgrade to annual pass then get a special rate called "super sunday " at any of the Disney Hotels. Another thing to try is Expedia - do a search for Anaheim,CA - the mousesavers web site listed some nice rates doing this.. and since it is so close to time to go I think you might find that elusive deal... the expedia rates were very close to the Super sunday AP rates... check out www.mousesavers.com for more info ... good luck!

cyberRoo
04-12-2002, 06:19 PM
I just wanted to second the expedia tip... Make whatever reservations seem best now (only you can decide between proximity and cash, but the Crowne Plaza is not within walking distance, I don't think), be very clear on the cancellation policy, and keep checking with expedia and DL reservations for better rates.