PDA

View Full Version : Belated Trip Report from Jan. (lots of pics)

Pages : [1] 2

junglemom
03-10-2006, 09:49 AM
A little late but here it is…

Jan. 22nd-28th

If a picture is worth thousand words then here is about 130,000 words. I’ll keep the report short since the pictures show most of it anyways! Click me! (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0QZuWbRuyYsXPw)

We were there celebrate youngest DD 5th birthday/get one more trip in before our passes expire trip. We had a blast. The youngest was finally tall enough for all the 40 inch rides, second youngest for Indiana Jones and third youngest for Screaming! Since the little guy was finally tall enough for 99% of everything in DL we hardly separated! He was such a crack up on the e-ticket rides. He still talks about Space Mt.

On DD’s birthday we went to the Minnie and Friends breakfast and then let her choose the rides for the rest of the day. She was quite generous with her siblings, always asking them what they would like to do next. She got to make Cookies with the Junior Chefs. Rode all the Fantasy Land rides. We made sure to see Crush, I had seen him sing happy birthday to someone two days prior and it was too cute. They held us after the show to sing to her privately! It was so great. Then that night we ate dinner with the princesses at Ariel’s Grotto! Expensive day for meals, but so worth it. She gave up a birthday party to be in Disneyland for her big day so we wanted it to be special. Our youngest was absolutely smitten with Ariel, so she gave him a great big smooch on the cheek. Then we took her to pick out anything she wanted from World of Disney (thank goodness she picked a Minnie backpack).

We had planned to stay until Sunday but the crowds picked up so much on Friday, we went ahead and went home Saturday. After a half day of playing at the park of course! By far the best trip ever!

Crazy4DL
03-10-2006, 09:58 AM
omg! what a bunch of fun cute kids you have! Glad you all had so much fun, :)

Ragrobyn
03-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Wow you guys saw a lot of characters!!! How great for your kids! How did you get the boys to pose with princesses? My son would never ever ever stand with one. Maybe when he is older and finds them cute;)

junglemom
03-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow you guys saw a lot of characters!!! How great for your kids! How did you get the boys to pose with princesses? My son would never ever ever stand with one. Maybe when he is older and finds them cute;)

Precisely! Last year the older one wouldn't go near the princesses! This year it's "a whole new world".

5-4-fun
03-10-2006, 01:05 PM
What fun pics!! You have an adorable family. It looks like you all went on TOT? How did the kids do? We are trying to decide if we should go with our crew. (9,8 & 5)

Thanks for sharing the photos!

disneyhound
03-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks for posting that picture link. Great bunch of photos of your little ones. Smiles tell all the terrific time had by all! :) <-- me viewing your photos...

Jojo
03-10-2006, 03:20 PM
That's so nice your kids had such a good time meeting the characters. We are taking my DD for her 5th birthday at the end of april and they (also her 3 yr old sister) are so excited to meet cinderella, belle and mulan. When you went to ariels grotto, was mulan there by chance? I know she's not listed to be there, but I was just wondering. We are wanting to do something special like a charachter meal since we've never done one.

junglemom
03-10-2006, 04:02 PM
What fun pics!! You have an adorable family. It looks like you all went on TOT? How did the kids do? We are trying to decide if we should go with our crew. (9,8 & 5)

Thanks for sharing the photos!

They all did great. The oldest one was the hardest one to convince to go on it back when it was new. We just told the little ones it was the fun elevator ride, and then talked them though the library room, telling em "ooh look it's raining!" After the first time they were great. Wanted to go over and over.

That's so nice your kids had such a good time meeting the characters. We are taking my DD for her 5th birthday at the end of april and they (also her 3 yr old sister) are so excited to meet cinderella, belle and mulan. When you went to ariels grotto, was mulan there by chance? I know she's not listed to be there, but I was just wondering. We are wanting to do something special like a charachter meal since we've never done one. Yes, Mulan was there, I am not sure if she was listed when we went, I never checked on that. I hope you have a great time.:)

snoopyfan
03-10-2006, 08:05 PM
How sad that I just got more info about your trip right now than I did in the last month and a half!! I'll check out all the pics when I have more time. We should go again soon...its only 8 hours...:D

junglemom
03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey you! You and your non-expired annual pass!!!:p And didn't I e-mail those to you yesterday???

snoopyfan
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Well...I got nothin.

junglemom
03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I am sure it makes no difference now, but they are on their way!!!:eek: Do you like my Hugh avatar, I am protesting the hot guy elimination game. How could Hugh be left out when Jake G. is in???

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Your kids a simply adorable! Makes me want to have 2 more. We are in the works of having #3, but then I told DH that someone would have to ride alone, he said he didn't mind being that person, lol. They look like they all had a great time and that the 4 of them get along so well. Thanks for sharing.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Aimee, your children are adorable! How fun to see them all having a blast at DL. I love the Space Mountain one! The little guy up front does NOT look too keen on being there! (I'd have his same expression!!) Thanks for sharing!

HEY! You have the same snippy Alice in Wonderland that AdrienneK had in her photos! ha!

rentayenta
03-11-2006, 06:47 AM
You have such cute kids!!!!! Thanks for the report. :)

snoopyfan
03-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Okay...the pics are great!!! Quite a few of Mike. You must have held onto the camera the whole trip! Your kids do look like they get along great. Disneyland is a different world, isn't it?!!

JDBlair
03-11-2006, 08:05 AM
I just want to know if the kids cheeks hurt from smiling so much. They're adorable. Thank you!

SANDYMARIE
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Aimee....Awesome pics! Looks like you had a blast!! Adorable Kids!

Amy1118
03-11-2006, 02:28 PM
What cute kids, Aimee! Thanks for posting your report & pics.

I'm making priority seatings for a trip to DL in May. I'm a WDW regular but haven't been to DL since 1978. Were Pooh, Tigger & Eeyore at the Plaza Inn? I'm a big fan of Tigger & Eeyore and would love to find a breakfast with them. I'd love any advice since you seem to be a regular.

junglemom
03-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks everyone, yes they were quite smiley that trip! It was so fun. And Amy1118 yes Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore were at the PLaza. I think the list changes but from what I have seen, those guys are pretty regular. We had the first reservation of the day, @10:10 a.m.(park opened at 10:00). We got there 15-20 minutes early and they seated us immediately. We only had to share the characters with about 4 other families for a while.

Amy1118
03-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info, Aimee. Sounds like early is good. I appreciate your help!

lobotomomma
03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Aimee- I LOVED your pictures!! What adorable kids! I have 4 kids, too--2 girls and 2 boys. I'm afraid my youngest who just turned three won't be tall enough for most of the rides in DL except in Fantasyland. I think she can ride mor in DCA actually. Did your middle kids do okay with TOT,Splash Mtn., Space Mtn., etc.? I think my 6 year old may freak out. The older two (11 and 8) want to ride everythingsince they are tall enough for almost every ride! I showee my kids your kids' picture and they are ven more excited to go!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Tara "lobotomomma"

junglemom
03-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Aimee- I LOVED your pictures!! What adorable kids! I have 4 kids, too--2 girls and 2 boys. I'm afraid my youngest who just turned three won't be tall enough for most of the rides in DL except in Fantasyland. I think she can ride mor in DCA actually. Did your middle kids do okay with TOT,Splash Mtn., Space Mtn., etc.? I think my 6 year old may freak out. The older two (11 and 8) want to ride everythingsince they are tall enough for almost every ride! I showee my kids your kids' picture and they are ven more excited to go!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Tara "lobotomomma"

Thanks Tara! Our little guy was just barely 3 and just hit the bar. He didn't measure 40 at home but with shoes on he was fine. He never did go on Splash, it was just too chilly out. My kids are all kinda the daredevil types, not easliy scared by the fast rides, and really not even by the spooky ones. The 3 year old loved Space and Thunder sooo much! ToT was good, the first time on is always the hardest. During the movie part I just held Charlie and showed him the rain and pointed out the eye ball. I find if I just talk them through it and don't let them realize that it is scary they are fine, then they'll go over and over. It's just one of things thats entirely different for every family. My friends 10 year old got pressured into screaming by my 6 year old. My 5 year old Loves Indiana, but my 10 year old doesn't really like the ride. I hope you have a blast! Are your kids the same order as mine? I call them a double girl sandwich on boy bread.

twist1980
03-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Since the little guy was finally tall enough for 99% of everything in DL we hardly separated! He was such a crack up on the e-ticket rides. He still talks about Space Mt.

That picture of him on Space is priceless! Your kids are adorable, thanks for sharing your memories with us!

lobotomomma
03-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi , "JungleMom" Aimee! I LOVED you "double girl sandwich on boy bread" saying for your kids' birth order! LOL!!! Actually, my girls are my "bookends" as I call them (11,3) and my boys are in the middle (8,6). I am pretty sure my 3 year old Megan will NOT like TOT or Space Mtn. She might like Splash Mtn. until the very end :o) I might be able to convince my 6 year old Carson that TOT and Space Mtn. are okay. He saw all your kids on it and it really helped him that your younger kids went on them so now he wants to show us he can go, too! Oh, by the way, sorry about all my spelling errors on my first post. I really do have a grasp of the English language! ;o) You seem like such a fun mom and I sure do appreciate all your input-- especially sharing your cute kids' pictures! They helped my kids get over initial fears about some rides and I think we will have a better time now!
Thanks again!!!!
Tara "Lobotomomma"