PDA

View Full Version : Pasadena - where is it in relation to DLR?

crazi4dlr
03-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Okay, I did the search threads and could find nothing on this. My family - DH, DD1, DS, DD2 and 3 month old DGD are going to Pasadena for 5 days for a conference in April and then onto DLR for 3 days. We are flying into Burbank because we were told it's the closest airport to Pasadena, renting a van and then plan to drive to Anaheim and then back to Burbank to fly home. How far from Anaheim is Pasadena? I know we can get directions from the hotel to get to DL but I'm a planner and want to know what to expect. We arrive in Burbank at noon on Wednesday the 19th so we will miss commute traffic from the airport to Pasadena. We are also flying out of Burbank at 10 p.m. on Wednesday the 26th so we will miss commute traffic from Anaheim to Burbank. We have a 3 hour window between checking out of our hotel in Pasadena and checking into the hotel in Anaheim so we aren't concerned with traffic there. Just looking for some advice from veteran So Cal-ers. I'm so excited to be going and taking my new granddaughter for her very first trip to DLR :D

Dexter
03-10-2006, 09:00 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1313+Harbor+Blvd,+anaheim,+CA+to+Pasadena,+CA

About 35 minutes north of Disneyland.

Opus1guy
03-10-2006, 09:38 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1313+Harbor+Blvd,+anaheim,+CA+to+Pasadena,+CA

About 35 minutes north of Disneyland.

Just want to point out the Google Map states 35 miles away. It lists 43 minutes as the travel time. Which IMHexperience would still be a bit optimistic and would only occur in situations with no traffic congestion/accident slow-downs. I'd say plan at least one hour drive time and if it only takes you 40...enjoy the extra time at the park.

cstephens
03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
We are also flying out of Burbank at 10 p.m. on Wednesday the 26th so we will miss commute traffic from Anaheim to Burbank.

Hmmm, if your flight is at 10pm, you will presumably have to be there by 9pm, and commute traffic runs from about 4pm to 8pm nowadays it seems, so you will still be hitting some traffic.

I'd say it's a good hour to an hour and a half, depending on how traffic goes, between the two, unless you're driving when there's zero traffic.

crazi4dlr
03-10-2006, 10:36 AM
So do you think that we should fly into/out of a different airport? I got really good airfare into Burbank and can't get the same deal for John Wayne so that won't work. But maybe LAX or Ontario?

cstephens
03-10-2006, 10:50 AM
So do you think that we should fly into/out of a different airport? I got really good airfare into Burbank and can't get the same deal for John Wayne so that won't work. But maybe LAX or Ontario?

Well, since you need to be in Pasadena and Anaheim, you're pretty much going to be stuck one way or the other with not being near the airport, either coming or going. While I love Ontario, it's not terribly convenient for Pasadena, and I'd never send someone to LAX unless there was no other choice. I'd say Burbank is fine, but make sure you factor in plenty of time when you're leaving Anaheim so that you don't miss your flight. I have a friend who frequently flies in for business, and he usually flies into Burbank. He will spend part of the day at Disneyland before heading to the Burbank airport, but he usually leaves a good 3 hours ahead of time, and that's on a Sunday. I'll send him a link to this thread in case he has anything he wants to add.

crazi4dlr
03-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, since you need to be in Pasadena and Anaheim, you're pretty much going to be stuck one way or the other with not being near the airport, either coming or going. While I love Ontario, it's not terribly convenient for Pasadena, and I'd never send someone to LAX unless there was no other choice. I'd say Burbank is fine, but make sure you factor in plenty of time when you're leaving Anaheim so that you don't miss your flight. I have a friend who frequently flies in for business, and he usually flies into Burbank. He will spend part of the day at Disneyland before heading to the Burbank airport, but he usually leaves a good 3 hours ahead of time, and that's on a Sunday. I'll send him a link to this thread in case he has anything he wants to add.

Thank you soooo much. I figured we would leave DLR about 4 pm or so because we have to return the rental car and all and still make our flight. Traffic is always a factor in So Cal so we just plan for it. I'm getting more excited all the time!!!! yay!!!!

CrazyTrain
03-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Woo, Pasadena to DL is a trip I take often, usually in rush hour traffic. Oh yay!
I'm a bit late in this reply, but Rhiannon asked, too, so...

My number 1 advice is to use the carpool lane on the 210. There is an exit for the 605, it's a bit of a squeeze to make it all the way over in traffic but hasn't been a problem yet.

It usually takes about an hour in traffic, 45 with none, though I drive pretty fast... traffic on the 5 will be worse. Also, the later (ie. 6ish) the better the traffic, earlier (ie. 5ish) is worse. The 210 also gets better the furthere from Pas you get... it gets TIGHT for awhile.

I hope you didn't catch traffic from Burbank to Pasadena... seems like that way can get backed up early! But going back, it shouldn't take 3 hours, unless there's a huge accident or massive traffic. Don't freak too much, but do allow plenty of time :D

Keurigirl
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
My husband has a conference every September in Pasadena, and we take that opportunity to visit DL every year after the conference! We have flown into Burbank before as well. It usually takes about an hour to drive to Anaheim from Pasadena, we usually do it in the morning hour, so that's with traffic.

Rhiannon8404
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Hmm, this is very intersting...my DH is going to a conference in Pasadena in April for 5 days. My son and I were thinking of going down there with him and spending our time at Disneyland. DH's conference has something to do with computers telephone data traffic, or some such nonsense. Don't suppose that's what you all are attending? ;)