PDA

View Full Version : Need Anabella information

yeartolate
03-10-2006, 06:53 AM
We have 7 nights slated for the Anabella in the "Club Concierge" building.

Anabella is a good moderate choice since it is around the corner from the COnvention Center and we have a 6 day convention to attend.

Can I hear the good, bad , and the ugly about this hotel?

5-4-fun
03-10-2006, 07:22 AM
We stayed at the Anabella four nights on our last trip to Anaheim. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel itself, since we spent all of our time at DL and DCA. Our room was clean and neat, comfortable beds, service was good. When we arrived we didn't like the layout of the first room we were assigned, so they graciously let us choose another room with no problem. The room was nothing fancy, but great for a place to crash after a long day at the parks. We also got a continental breakfast included with our stay each morning, which was nice. I would definately stay there again.

We are staying onsite for our upcoming trip, but Anabella would be at the top of my list for moderately priced offsite lodging.

Andrew
03-10-2006, 08:08 AM

Anabella is a good moderate choice since it is around the corner from the COnvention Center and we have a 6 day convention to attend.

Can I hear the good, bad , and the ugly about this hotel?
The Anabella is okay. We've stayed there a few times and been comfortable if not luxuriated. The free breakfast is sub-par even compared to other area hotels like the Carousel or the Park Inn. All rooms now (finally) have WiFi, but it's $10/day.

It is a much shorter walk to the parks than it would appear; walk up the east side of Disneyland Drive to the Grand Californian and go through the lobby. This will lead you out into the middle of Downtown Disney. Or, if it's after about noon, you can try to use the GCH's special entrance to DCA.

The Anabella's official site is here: http://www.anabellahotel.com/

Malcon10t
03-10-2006, 08:43 AM

Can I hear the good, bad , and the ugly about this hotel?We stayed here 8 nights last summer in a Kids Suite. I was very impressed with the staff. They were polite and helpful. Our room was always spotless, and we ordered room service and when one item was under cooked, they quickly remade it for us. The front desk was helpful in getting us cabs. The walk to Disneyland wasnt too bad, but I still prefer to be at the crosswalk. There is the Art Shuttle out front, but coming back from the park, it just took toooooo long, was faster to walk. Another "fast way", when the Timon lot is open, is to cross Katella, go down to the entrance across from the convention center and catch the parking lot tram. My kids usually do this.

TTFN92
03-10-2006, 01:06 PM
I really like the Annabella. DH and I stayed there last Sept for our anniv. Our room was really nice, granite tile and counters, 4 poster bed, nice wood blinds, fridge, etc. The part I liked the best was that the bed was comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in hotels because the beds are too hard, but ours was very comfortable. I don't remember there being a continental breakfast, but I didn't care because I don't like them anyway. If we were going to walk I would go to the Timon parking lot. We ended up driving because we have free parking with our passes. Just make sure that the tram is working in the Timon parking lot because one time it wasn't when we stayed at the Desert Palms and we ended up having to walk all the way and it was loooong. It would have been way faster for us to go up Harbor. But as for the Annabella, I would definitely stay there again. It is just a little more than we like to spend for our whole family.

PirateSmile
03-10-2006, 07:00 PM
I loved the Annabella when we stayed there in like, 2002 :rolleyes: I don't know what it's like now, but the only thing that has kept us away was the distance from Disneyland. Pretty rooms, comfortable, beautiful property.

TTFN92
03-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Oh, I also like their pool area :cool: . They have an adult pool, but we didn't like that one, we just liked the regular one. It is surrounded by different types of plants that make it feel secluded. You don't have to stare at cars like many of the motels around Dis and you don't feel like they are all looking at you. The hot tub was also very nice and large.

yeartolate
03-11-2006, 09:37 AM
These are better reviews than on virtual tourist and trip advisor. Phew.

I need a decent hotel near the convention center and DL. This seems to be a good choice.

Malcon10t
03-11-2006, 10:40 AM

I need a decent hotel near the convention center and DL. This seems to be a good choice.I read the reviews on Tripadvisor after I was booked in at an EXCELLENT rate, and was scared. However, our visit was excellent. One thing I would recommend is when you check in, talk to the manager. Just tell him you had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and hoped this visit would not be like what you had read. It will make a difference I think.

DorisZ
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
We have stayed there on our last two trips (2004/2005). I like it because it's within walking distance--we are all adults, it may be a haul with young children. We thought the room was okay for the money. The staff was helpful and we did enjoy the pool for a midday break on both trips.

My son didn't have as good of luck with his room, tho. He said the air conditioner was loud and the shower didn't drain. He never complained except to me of course. I paid for his room, but he said he won't stay there again so there you have two reviews from one family.

We are planning another trip in the fall and I plan on staying at the Annabella again unless I find a bargain at one of the onsites. I read the review on Trip Advisor about the Annabella too and I was concerned, but so far we have had pleasant stays.

TTFN92
03-11-2006, 08:50 PM

I need a decent hotel near the convention center and DL. This seems to be a good choice.

I don't know how accurate those reviews are because on one of them the Ramada Inn Main Gate got a great rating and it was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. Then Darkbeer posted the list of top hotels (I think from AAA but I could be wrong), and Annabella was way under RIMG. I just know we stayed there with 2 other couples and all 3 rooms were very nice and my step-DD and her DH stayed there for their honeymoon and thought it was very nice also.

silly'olbear
03-11-2006, 08:57 PM
I just booked 5 nights for the first week in August at $69 per night at Anabella. I about fell over when I saw that rate. I had been going back and forth about making the trip but that decided it for me and I made the reservations. I have not stayed there personally but I have a friend who did and really enjoyed her stay. She said the walk was not bad at all to the parks.

yeartolate
03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, this thread gives me a little more hope.:)

I still would appreciate any more input.;)

Malcon10t
03-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Well, this thread gives me a little more hope.:)

I still would appreciate any more input.;)
We stayed in Kid's Suite. It had a decent sized "front room" with a queen bed (comfy!) with a bunch of pillows and a couple chairs. There was a tv, fridge, and microwave in there. Even with our portable kennel set up, it was roomy. A second seperate small room with a set of bunk beds in it. A third room had a day bed with a seperate TV. The bathroom was marble (beware for little ones as it was slippery.)